Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Michaels is the special guest referee but do you think he will call the match fairly? I see him costing Bryan the match to help his best friend in doing what's best for Business!

This could probably lead to a Bryan/Michaels match at Survivor Series which could be a hell of a match. I see Michaels coming back for one match against his own trainee.

In general I just don't see him being fair! What do you guys think?

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Ask The Rock and Undertaker how fair he has been in the past as a ref?
No, I don't think he will be fair.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Honestly I'm not sure what will happen, but the fact that he's there at all practically guarantees shenanigans of some kind

·
Registered
6,699 Posts
I've been thinking this will happen, too.

Michaels can't be trusted when he has that referee shirt on. Remember late 1999 with The Rock? The Great One had HHH down and was gonna put him away with The People's Elbow and win the championship but as he was running the ropes, The Rock ran right into Sweet Chin Music and HHH then won the match. That was a one off thing that never lead to a Rock/HBK match or anything, so I'm thinking the same could happen here. Even if HBK doesn't return to the ring to wrestle Bryan (can't see that happening, awesome as it would be), he could 'turn heel' for one night just in favor of seeing HHH's point of view that Bryan isn't what's "best for business." (Why would he not be in HBK's eyes, though? HBK, along with Bret, was the first one to really break down the barrier that smaller guys couldn't be world champions. Why would be doubt a very popular and capable performer like Bryan?)

On top of that, Orton is supposedly penciled into the WWE Title picture until January, and I've been trying to think of how he could obtain a 'dirty' win inside a cell match. And it occurred to me that since HBK will be right there in the cell with them, that could be it. Bryan is getting ready to put Orton away with the running knee and when he's halfway across the ring running towards Orton at full speed, he runs right into Sweet Chin Music.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
They should at least tease it in the lead up by having Bryan treating HBK with suspicion considering who his best friend is. Its going to make Bryan look really stupid if he doesn't at least show some uneasyness about it considering the last time he was in a match with a special guest referee.

I'd say if they tease a heel turn it won't happen, if they don't then it will cos it will be something that they think we didn't see coming.

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
Either way WWE has once again ruined the momentum of a rising star.

Do they have something against these INDIE guys?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think HBK will call it clean, because if there isn't a clean victory at HIAC people are going to freak harder then they did over battleground. The more then likely scenario is HBK prevents interference and allows DB to finally begin his title reign. After hearing HBK on the Steve Austin show, i don't think he has the desire for another match or to achieve any heat by making a heel move.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
You're Pretty Good
9,816 Posts
Nope.

I don't see the pay-off in turning heel a retired wrestler who shows up 4-5 times a year, who's as over as anyone on the roster as a face. It wouldn't make any sense.

Rather I see HHH or Orton attacking him.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Nope michaels trained him so why wouldnt he wanna see one of his students be at the top.

What about the rock , hhh ironman Match with taker returning. He had a few in ring times with the rock But never locked up. Apparently cause of some back stage stuff?

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
once i found out cena is back i started thinking maybe they will have hbk fuck over bryan and then do a bryan/hbk match. that'll open up cena to take on orton and the authority.

only thing is hbk did say he doesn't want to be one of those wrestlers who retires and then keeps coming back. he's supposedly retired from wrestling a match for good.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
if Bryan loses at HIAC, I think its obvious he's winning the Rumble. They want to make it look like all hope is lost, and then miraculously he wins the Rumble and has another title shot after them saying he would never get another chance. Defies the odds.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I would rather see Triple H stepping on his friendship with Michaels to force him to do what's best for business. Would do a lot for Triple H's heel persona. Triple H was a face for far too long, we need some more reminders just why he's considered one of the biggest assholes among heels of all time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts