Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally do not think so. Last night's RAW solidified my view, when after controlling the match, he lost to Ziggler after a Fame Asser, which is not even a finishing move. I fully expected Sandow to lose, but not that way.

I think some of you folks need to face up to this reality: Sandow is great with his character, but his in ring performance is extremely boring. His move set has no devastating moves in it, so its not hard to imagine why he loses so many matches. If he ever wants to get out of this rut, he is going to have to change out some of his moves and come up with a decent finisher.

I have been predicting that he will be the second person to unsuccessfully cash in MItB briefcase. I don't even know if he will get the chance, he may actually lose the case to Cody Rhodes in some match in the future as others have suggested.

Oh, and Ziggler looks more like a troll doll than ever. He really needs to do something with that hair.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Silence ignoramus. He is your uncrowned world champion and the intellectual saviour of the masses......in all seriousness we have seen superstars get to the top on mic skills alone *cough* Hogan *cough*

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Not for a while, and if cena really wins the WHC, I guarantee Sandow will fail at cashing in.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Silence ignoramus. He is your uncrowned world champion and the intellectual saviour of the masses......in all seriousness we have seen superstars get to the top on mic skills alone *cough* Hogan *cough*
Hogan was typically a face. Faces are the ones who typically get to the top on mic skills alone. Sure, Sandow could turn, but I don't expect he'd really ever be able to pull off a good face character.

I think the comparisons to Lanny Poffo don't end with the characters.

·
Oh Becky Becky, Becky Becky Becky Becky Becky Lync
2,272 Posts
I can't see it unfortunately, at least not for a long while yet. :sandow

·
Registered
138 Posts
They really need to give him a few wins. Saying that though, Cena is back and if he wins the WHC then I cannot see him winning it at all or if he is dose he won't keep it for long.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
With him as is, you're right. He won't get out of the midcard. The point you make about his in-ring skills is one I wholeheartedly agree with. You have to be at least decent in the ring (whether it's skills or ability to get the crowd involved). Sandow isn't good enough in the ring imo. He has his Cubito Aequet/Elbow of Disdain which is really good, but not much else so I think he needs to flesh out his moveset.

Onto his gimmick, there is no doubt imo that he has effectively mastered it, which I have tremendous respect for. It shows dedication which is cool. However, with his gimmick as is, the 'Intellectual Saviour of the Unwashed Masses', it is a bit too comedic, at least at the minute with the way he plays it. I also believe that with him not being booked particularly strong, harping on about being the 'Uncrowned World Heavyweight Champion' on top of his usual schtick, WWE may be preparing him to lose his cash-in with the payoff being a heel getting humiliated and therefore his comeuppance. After all that's the endgame of EVERY heel. They eventually get their comeuppance. Some would disagree with Sandow losing his cash-in but in all honesty, I think that's the direction WWE should do in. At the end of the day, Sandow has another memorable moment (even if it works against him), it allows him time to master his moveset in the ring, and it also allows his gimmick to make the evolution it NEEDS for Damien Sandow to main event and be taken seriously as a legitimate main event talent, which is a reflection of the potential he has imo.

·
Registered
966 Posts
He's clearly going to be pushed to the main event level very shortly. Over the years in the WWE, when a guy that has a comedic gimmick is getting pushed to the top, the WWE's way to combat this is have them go out and be "aggresive" which the commentators last night made reference to many times. He'll win the title, but won't establish himself as a bonafide main eventer and will be back to midcard just like The Miz.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Yes he is being booked poorly recently, but that's the luxury of being Mr MiTB. If you don't see what is going on right now it's quite simple. Cena "returns" and beats Del Rio for the WHC.. Sandow cashes in on Cena and beats him cleanly putting Sandow on the map and in the process "re-injures" Cena. Who then returns at RR.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Hogan didn't even have mic skills. He just had presence and charisma. Most of what made Hogan huge, the ripping of t shirts, the ear to the crowd, the leg drop, slamming Andre, had little to do with spoken words.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts