1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
17,133 Posts
It's supposed to be Thanksgiving time atm; not April Fool's Day 😂

·
Registered
155 Posts
This run which we are about half way through will be remembered as his era- i mean the guy will end up with 15 Wrestlemania Main Events.

Will this put him in the pantheon of all-time greats.

Of course not. It’s a fake sport with predetermined outcomes. He hasn’t moved the needle at all. Every ROI measure and metric suggests people don’t care and fewer people will tune in next year than the year prior.

That the WWE developed a revenue generating model completely unrelated to his time as champion or even their actual drawing power and that it is highly profitable isn’t a reflection on his meager drawing power.

I’d like a “rating above replacement” metric. If Ziggler had been given the push Reigns got for last 8 years, would the rating be any worse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
17,133 Posts
And do you think Seth Rollins and AJ Styles are goats? you are a nerd
1. Both men are certainly better talents though.

2. I don't feel insulted at all because that term does not describe me.

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
7,356 Posts
Maybe not a GOAT but he'll be remembered fondly as one of the best if not the best of this generation.

People won't look back in disgust or anger with Reigns, 10 years from now all of the people who hate him purely to be different contrarian and grow up, realise he was a good talent and look back at what he did.

·
17,133 Posts
Maybe not a GOAT but he'll be remembered fondly as one of the best if not the best of this generation.

People won't look back in disgust or anger with Reigns, 10 years from now all of the people who hate him purely to be different contrarian and grow up, realise he was a good talent and look back at what he did.
Nah, he won't be looked back fondly 15-25 years from now just like Lex Luger and Diesel (to a lesser extent) aren't looked back in a positive light 20+ years later from their time on top; especially when this flop is surrounded by superior talents/performers on the current roster.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
He's probably got the worst return in the history of the business relative to his push and resources the company has put in him. Humberto Carillo or Curt Hawkins could have gotten more mileage out of that insane push and promotion. He's objectively a failure, but McMahon has the luxury of pushing whoever he wants because of all the money the company makes through TV contracts and other guaranteed money.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts