Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's bad enough when one of them is away because you cannot create that intensity when there's two people appearing every week. Rock is currently the biggest hollywood star at the moment, while Brock Lesnar is on a strict part-time schedule which is understandable as he does not want to do the hectic schedule that comes with being a superstar.

We've seen many reports of Lesnar/Rock happening with dirtsheet stating that it was meant to start the night after Wrestlemania to set up for next year. We also had a hint of Lesnar/Rock when Lesnar smashed up HHH office and teased a future feud when he started at a poster of The Rock while Heyman commented on it.

The history of Rock/Brock is not unknown, both guys last feuded back in 2002 when it ended at Summerslam 2002 in which Lesnar won his first title while Rock left to go do Mummy Returns. Fast forward to 2013, with guys both part-timers can this feud work again? Rock is not as fast and athletic as he was back in the day, you can evidently see the difference of his physique and not to mention Rock can-not go as quick as he could which is understandable seeing as he was 10 years younger.

It would be exciting to see both in the ring against each-other but can the crowd really invest into a feud when both guys will only rarely appear. Obviously WWE can go the route with Heyman promo's and via satellite etc. But for people in the live crowd, i do not know if they will take to kindly to that.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
It'd be like HHH-Taker all over again.

Week 1: 1 guy says something
Week 2: Raw recap of what that guy said/advertise next week the other guy responding
Week 3: Other guy responds
Week 4: Recap of what the other guy said/advertise next week that both will be on Raw together
Week 5: Both guys finally on the show at the same time

So it takes 5 weeks to do what it'd usually just take 1-2 weeks to do.

·
Banned
117 Posts

Week 2: Raw recap of what that guy said/advertise next week the other guy responding
Week 4: Recap of what the other guy said/advertise next week that both will be on Raw together

Glad you pointed that out! Although both of their WM27 and WM28 build-up were pretty sluggish, but their presence alone make their segments worth watching.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
It's tough to create an interest in feuds both wrestlers take breaks and the rivalry has to progress through recaps.One of the reasons I couldn't take Rock vs Cena and Brock vs HHH seriously.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
yeah the whole "respond/rebuttle next week!!" doesn't really belong in wrestling.

DAMMIT JUST HIT THE GUY'S MUSIC AND HAVE HIM COME OUT AND F5 THAT BIG JABRONI MOUTH RIGHT THERE AND THEN

that's kind of more how wrestling should work.

·
Banned
13,409 Posts
Week 1) Paul Heyman comes out with Brock, says some mean things about Rocky
Week 2) Rock responds via satellite
Week 3) Paul Heyman comes out with Brock, says some more mean things.
Also a brief package about the ongoing story
Week 4) They finally meet
Week 5) Whatever happened about Week 1, and so on.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts

Normally,the buildups of HHH's feuds are quite intense but HHH vs Lesnar sucked for the exact reason you mentioned

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Rock vs Lesnar will work. Remember when Lesnar stared at the Rock poster earlier this year? That small moment created so much buzz. An actual match would be amazing.

We all know Rock will win though. No way they let Lesnar beat him twice.

·
Banned
2,961 Posts
Rock vs Lesnar will work. Remember when Lesnar stared at the Rock poster earlier this year? That small moment created so much buzz. An actual match would be amazing.

If it's The Rock's last match there's no point having him win. Lesnar is signed through to Wrestlemania 31, it makes a lot more sense to have him win it.

Reactions: austin316 G.O.A.T

·
Banned
969 Posts

Yep.

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
same will happen with Brock/Taker or Rock/Taker if that happens. But still draw attention & that what matters, regardless of screen time, they will still want to pay to watch Rock vs Brock, Rock vs Taker, or Brock vs Taker because they are the big special attraction matches for WrestleMania.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
I dont see it being a flop because I never see it happening Rock is done in my book

Reactions: Samoon

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Week 1) Paul Heyman comes out with Brock, says some mean things about Rocky
Week 2) Rock responds via satelliteWeek 3) Paul Heyman comes out with Brock, says some more mean things.
Also a brief package about the ongoing story
Week 4) They finally meet
Week 5) Whatever happened about Week 1, and so on.
To my knowledge, The Rock has only responded 2 times (when he first came back 3-4 years ago, 'via satellite'. All other times has been there in person, or am I wrong? Why do I keep seeing people constantly using that via satellite line?

I think a Brock/Rock would have a pretty good build up. It depends on The Rock's schedule, though. I think most people are right, its damn near a guarantee that there would be at least 1-2 weeks where one of them weren't there, though - probably Brock. I don't recall a feud that Brock has had since he came back where he was there every week for the 4-6 week build up.

·
Registered
845 Posts
If Heyman and the rock did promos then that would be good. But the rock can't wrestle any more lesnar would literally kill him in the ring

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
If we get Rock/Brock at Wrestlemania I couldn't give a shit less about the angle as long as they are both there.

Reactions: Samoon

·
Banned
5,106 Posts

If you're referring to the time Lesnar beat the Rock at Summerslam in 2002, that was 11 years ago. I doubt the WWE cares at this point.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Match doesn't interest me at all. I don't think Rock would be willing to take the beating that a Lesnar match has and I feel like there would be weeks going into WM where neither guy is on the show. It'd be a fucking joke. It's Wrestlemania, actually build your shit. It could be on Cena/Rock level bad.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts