Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think? Scenario: Reigns beats Lesnar clean, nothing happens no cash in, end of show. How does he come out the next night? Down the ramp with the title or through the crowd with the title?

I pray it would be out the ramp. There needs to be a clear distinction that now because Reigns is the champion he is different from before. Coming out down the ramp is obviously what everyone does, and I'm not saying once Reigns does come out normally he always needs to. Maybe leave him coming out through the crowd only for PPVs, or he only comes out down the ramp for title defenses.

But bottom line, Reigns needs to have a different entrance if he wins the title. Something to really solidify he's the champ, he's different than before, and an attention grabber.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
I agree. Let him keep the vests if he wants I dont mind. Just not shield vests. Have them be blue like he has before or red or whatever colour. The themesong really needs to go aswell.

I dont mind him coming through the crowd as much as the themesong.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Let's just stick with Shield leftovers. The chances of a disastrously written new theme song is too high, at least you can make heads and tails of his current one. Walking through the crowd is unique (sorta) now the other two have moved on. To be fair on Reigns, the creative decisions surrounding him aren't his fault, but any change to him right now is most likely going to make matters worse.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,349 Posts
They screwed him and the shield by giving him the left overs. He actually likes the vest and honestly so do I. He can actually keep his gear, just needs a new song and can come down the ramp.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
If they don't change it then, I'm not sure when they will.

I'm not sure why they didn't change it already. Ambrose and Rollins have moved on, so why hasn't Reigns?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
What's everybody's issue with this guy's entrance? Is it too cool and different for your taste?

·
Registered
618 Posts
I think it'll stay the same after he wins the title. WWE haven't changed it up until now, so I can't see them deciding to change his entrance after he wins the title.

Having him come out like The Shield did makes him look stuck in the past as if the Shield is still together.

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,553 Posts
My only worry is that if he makes his entrance through the crowd, somebody tries to steal the title off him. I mean it would be funny, but at the same time it would be embarrassing.

Time to come down the ramp for Reigns, he needs to ditch all the Shield stuff that he's kept. He needs to move on from it. Ambrose & Rollins did.

·
14,349 Posts
What's everybody's issue with this guy's entrance? Is it too cool and different for your taste?
Hardly, it's just that it was the Shield entrance and should move on from it. Besides doing it over and over it loses it's specialness and won't be as cool when the Shield reunite. Reigns should just use it on occasion.

·
Premium Member
38,763 Posts
If they don't change it then, I'm not sure when they will.

I'm not sure why they didn't change it already. Ambrose and Rollins have moved on, so why hasn't Reigns?
Because the shield song and entrance is what is over and not Reigns.

If they give him anything the little cheers he has left will be gone.

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,629 Posts
It's silly keeping him with The Shield entrance. He needs his own identity. I imagine his attire will change too to some t-shirt or something that they can sell a lot of.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Hardly, it's just that it was the Shield entrance and should move on from it. Besides doing it over and over it loses it's specialness and won't be as cool when the Shield reunite. Reigns should just use it on occasion.
If the special quality of a Shield reunion hinges on an entrance then you probably shouldn't even do it. Secondly, why should Roman "move on from it"? It's his gimmick. He's the remnant, the legacy of the Shield, the sole surviving member of a squadron of ring warriors who were supposed to stand for justice. There's nothing wrong with continuing to carry that torch.

Let's be honest here: it's something cool, it's something different and people hate that it was given to Reigns.

My record shows that I'm far from a fan of the guy but this is ridiculous.

·
14,349 Posts
If the special quality of a Shield reunion hinges on an entrance then you probably shouldn't even do it. Secondly, why should Roman "move on from it"? It's his gimmick. He's the remnant, the legacy of the Shield, the sole surviving member of a squadron of ring warriors who were supposed to stand for justice. There's nothing wrong with continuing to carry that torch.

Let's be honest here: it's something cool, it's something different and people hate that it was given to Reigns.

My record shows that I'm far from a fan of the guy but this is ridiculous.
It's the Shields gimmick, not Reigns, he's still using the entrance, theme, catch phrase and it's silly now. Ambrose and Rollins moved on, Reigns can't really evolve his character or do much because he's stuck with the left over Shield nonsense. He can be a remnant and keep his ring gear but it's time he showed he was bigger than what he was in the Shield.

And no, people don't hate it because it was given to Reigns, most people think it's a cool entrance but it's over used and over played now. I don't know why but you always seem to be hostile and always arguing with everyone in each thread you go to.

Even some of the hardcore RR fans want him to move on from the Shield gimmick and that's saying something.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts