Wrestling Forum banner

Will Randall Orton explain his actions for punting CM Punk at Unforgiven 2008???

5044 41
Randall hasn't explained his reasoning for punting CM Punk at that PPV am I correct? Awesome promo from CM Punk this past Monday by the way. Such a psychological heel and by calling Orton's name as "Randall", that just makes Punk look even more badass. I hope Randall will finally talk again and explain us the reason for that punt at Unforgiven. This is one of the reasons why I don't like Randall's face turn right now. All of a sudden its okay for him to punt people in the skull (make them forfeit their title too) and RKO people out of nowhere. He hardly even speaks now as well. So until there's more explanations for Randall's actions, I'm on CM Punk's side for this feud. He also should come out on top of the feud too but I'm sure the WWE will have the face win in the end.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
694 Posts
I agree he does need to explain himself. I don't know the back story to the feud because during that time period I wasn't really into wrestling. The WWE should really start giving him more mic time though. They hardly ever let him talk which is lame and doesn't make any sense at all because he used to cut some good promos back when he was a heel.

· Registered
7,800 Posts
I agree he does need to explain himself. I don't know the back story to the feud because during that time period I wasn't really into wrestling. The WWE should really start giving him more mic time though. They hardly ever let him talk which is lame and doesn't make any sense at all because he used to cut some good promos back when he was a heel.
The story of Punk's reign was that some superstars thought he was an unworthy champion.

When Orton returned he criticized all of the champions on RAW, mainly Heavyweight Champion CM Pun and Tag Team Champions Rhodes & Dibiase.

He slapped Rhodes and told the team that they needed to improve.

Then Unforgiven 2008 happened.

· Banned
19,104 Posts
Randy Orton cost CM Punk the title because he didn't think Punk was deserving of the world heavyweight title so I hope CM Punk kicks his ass at Wrestlemania!

This is one of the reasons why I don't like Randall's face turn right now. All of a sudden its okay for him to punt people in the skull (make them forfeit their title too) and RKO people out of nowhere. He hardly even speaks now as well. So until there's more explanations for Randall's actions, I'm on CM Punk's side for this feud. He also should come out on top of the feud too but I'm sure the WWE will have the face win in the end.
Great point. That's why I hated the Orton / Helmsley Wrestlemania 25 fued. Triple H kicked Randy Orton out of Evolution because he was jealous RKO had the title and made his life a living Hell ever since so when Randy finally won the Royal Rumble to try to avenge himself again, he was the bad guy?!! GTFO.

- Vic

· Premium Member
86,252 Posts
Orton's character doesn't need explanations for what he does, so I don't see why he would do that. Simply put, it wouldn't make sense.

· Registered
95 Posts
He kicked him in the head because Punk was a terrible champion. One of the worst reigns in WWE history.
Agreed! I love CM puck now as a heel but as a face champion he was lame.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
Orton's character doesn't need explanations for what he does, so I don't see why he would do that. Simply put, it wouldn't make sense.
That's right. Amazingly, WWE has not backed themselves into a corner with this storyline because Orton's actions never need explanation. Fortunately that aspect of the character has remained fundamentally intact despite being a nominal babyface.

· Registered
95 Posts
Eh, Orton's character is a mess right now. Just turn him back heel already.
lol how is it a mess :shocked: The guy gets more chants from the fans then anyone else on RAW.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.