Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All generations have their rivalries that just last years (off/on). 80s had Hogan/Piper, AE had Rock/Stone Cold, PG era had Cena/Orton, etc. Punk and Bryan have history from ROH, had a series of matched back in January and are now in a feud that is (arguably) the best story going in WWE right now. Do you think that Punk/Bryan could end up being this generation/era's rivalry? I'm not saying it will be like Rock/StOne Cold as far as star power (at least not yet), but it could still be an awesome long rivalry that comes about every now an then. I would love to see year guys get a Wrestlemania match where they can just go all out.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: Big Man

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Well, I'm more inclined to say Hogan/Piper, Austin/Rock, Cena/Batista but yes you are right. For the Reality Era, these two are the biggest representations of what it truly is. Mixing professional wrestling with real life situations or reality-based angles that tend to favor wrestling skill rather than the spectacle.

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
it easily can be if they dont over do it. i will always remember when the Rumble was in boston and Cena and Orton had a staredown and me and everyone else couldnt give 2 shits about it. They need to have epic matches now so maybe down the road if they feud again the audience will know and understand that these guys have a past and when they have matches together they go all out.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Nope. This feud will only last 1-3 more ppvs, most likely 2. And if it did last a long time? I would probably stop watching WWE for a while.

·
Wrestling Forum's Ace Attorney
4,126 Posts
If you really want to, have Punk and Bryan be saved for Wrestlemania 29 for the WWE Championship. Preferably in an Ironman match with a sixty minute time limit.
WWE would never do it, they need to fill WM 29 time slots with pointless segments. They won't have the time for an ironman. And WWE knows we will take Brodus dancing with grannie costumed ladies over an ironman classic/sarcasm.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The Winning One™;11501990 said:
If you really want to, have Punk and Bryan be saved for Wrestlemania 29 for the WWE Championship. Preferably in an Ironman match with a sixty minute time limit.
Jesus christ 60 minutes? I know you like punk and bryan man but damn that would be one of the most boring matches in Wrestlemania history for me. I don't see why people like Iron Man Matches. Incredibly boring and so drawn out and tireing.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I really really hope so.

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
idk if an Iron Man match would be good for a feud with them 2. a Best out of 5 series could be perfect, especially with AJ being involved or Johnny Ace. That way they could possibly have a gimmick match in the series.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,439 Posts
WWE would never do it, they need to fill WM 29 time slots with pointless segments. They won't have the time for an ironman. And WWE knows we will take Brodus dancing with grannie costumed ladies over an ironman classic/sarcasm.
Very unfortunate but true fpalm.

On topic, I really do think if both guys continue to push the envelope then who knows what will happen in the future!

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
In your opinion. Bret and Shawn had a respectable Ironman match at Mania and Brock/Angle had an entertaining spectacle of an Ironman match as well. As long as you have the right people for the match, an Ironman match can work and Punk/Bryan are the two guys I feel that can do such a thing.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
It should have been Cena / Punk, but they ruined it. ):
I agree with this to. These two could have had a decent feud, they could have dragged it on through Night Of Champions and then had a Hell In A Cell Match between the two to end it. But too bad Alberto ''The bore'' Del-Rio had to ruin it. Just like he ruined a potential good Orton/Sheamus feud on Smackdown.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,439 Posts
In your opinion. Bret and Shawn had a respectable Ironman match at Mania and Brock/Angle had an entertaining spectacle of an Ironman match as well. As long as you have the right people for the match, an Ironman match can work and Punk/Bryan are the two guys I feel that can do such a thing.
They definitely can and should, but some part of me feels that WWE don't respect Punk and Bryan the way they respected those guys. I have a feeling WWE almost wants them to fail and their crowd reactions to die off so they can push others in their place. I hope to God I'm wrong here, but just something doesn't feel right with the way WWE spotlights, or hinders, punk and bryan.

The two barely get any time in the show to do their thing all because of ratings I'm guessing, which is such a stupid argument in all honesty. John Cena never began as a ratings juggernaut. He was shoved down the viewers throat for years upon years going over all the top names to become credible enough in the viewers eyes to draw the ratings he does now. WWE just won't promote Bryan and Punk nearly as much as they should. Why don't they show videos from their independent matches in FIP which aren't even licensed, and thus free to use, to layer their feud more? They could be doing so much but aren't and it's really pissing me off.

·
Banned
852 Posts
I really hope so. I want to see an ironman or ultimate submission match in their future.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
I think those guys feuding are more like an educated fans dreamfeud, or like ROHs Austin/Rock rather than a WWE version of it, there just doesn't seem to be enough support by the writers to make it as legit as all those feuds, where creative was having their hands full trying to make those feuds as huge as possible. As Thanos said, they are not using enough footage and history to teach the general audience about the epicness this feud could really have, throwing a few lines about both coming from the indies and facing each other before doesn't consistute as building this feud up to be a big deal, which is a huge waste imo.

They could make this feud seem like a huge deal almost in the league with the Nexus Storyline or Summer of Punk if they invested a ton of energy into it. You could build both guys up far more than in any feud by having them rip off ADRs "It's my destiny" stuff, because you could really make a point for them beeing guys that were destined for greatness even back when nobody knew them. ROH wouldn't sue WWE for free publicity, so they could use tons of footage from there, showing how the fans reacted to those guys even back then, show D Bryan in Japan in front of huge audiences etc, some scenes from their past matches against each other, the tears from winning smaller titles to show the passion these guys have killing themselves in front of 100 people facing each other before becoming the stars they are now , then proceed to show them their first successes in the WWE with Punk winning the ECW Title and Bryan winning the US Title to transistion their history in WWE (making midcard titles actually look like an achievement that guys inside the WWE actually want) it would add so much depth and fan-connection to both guys it's unreal.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,439 Posts
ahahahahahah!!!! between these 2 vanilla midgets?
You need to be banned.. Obvious troll is obvious,and your not even a productive one, and if anyone is a vanilla midget it's the guy in your avatar :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts