Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Maybe Ibushi is coming to AEW and will team with the Young Bucks to take on Omega and the good brothers
That was my immediate thought as well, “Welp, I guess Ibushi just gave his intentions to go finish the Omega-Ibushi story in AEW.”

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I guess I should watch some of his latest matches, because it's kind of shocking. Flippy geek Ospreay I watched three-four years ago was not even close to be on a top NJPW spot.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I guess NJPW would be more open to having a Gaijin lose their title and then there Japanese hero (Okada) winning it back for the promotion. If the belt collector is gonna happen, then it is easier this way.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
31,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The likelihood of Omega winning the IWGP title in this belt collector storyline is about the same as Okada winning the AEW title and only coming back to defend it on AEW PPVs and TK being okay with that. Or Omega showing up on WWE tv and winning the WWE or NXT title. A pure fantasy.

And does anyone see Ospreay parting with the RevPro title and dropping it to Omega? Cause I don’t.
This will be a fun post to come back to.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Reactions: BOSS of Bel-Air

·
Registered
454 Posts
I am a fan of the United Empire and Ospreay, so this is completely fine with me. It could mean a few different things for AEW, all of which have been mentioned above. Omega vs Ospreay would be a great match as is, but if it means we get Jeff Cobb, Great O-Khan and Aaron Henare as well, then hell yah.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Jericho tried to get Ospreay into AEW for a feud with him, but Ospreay was totally committed to NJPW as he still is and probably will be for quite some time yet. But he's still very young and the American wrestling bug will probably bite one day, same for Jay White. Both would be great signings for AEW as two more talents who have never been in WWE. But obviously WWE will want him, so AEW will want to position themselves for him as they like to recruit from NJPW and the guys tend to stylistically suit. Getting Bea Priestley back in could help.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Chuffed to bits for the kid. He had a difficult several months a year ago but since he got back to Japan and turned heel his career's only gone up. He's been the most exciting wrestler on the scene for the past half a decade, but he looks and acts like a main eventer now and the United Empire has a lot of potential. Gedo's took a few risks post pandemic, Evil, the none NJ dojo trained Ibushi and now the flippy kid from Essex.

At some stage we're going to get Kenny vs Ibushi, but it doesn't look like it's going to be for all the belts. You'd imagine the big feud for Ospreay will be with his old Chaos leader Okada.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
13,684 Posts
Isn't this the same guy that did a whole gymnastic routine with Flipochet?
Trust me, Will Ospreay has toned down his high-flying/acrobatic style dramatically over the past several months, especially since turning heel last October.

Anyway, he's still very fun to watch compete in the ring whether he's flying around frequently or not :p

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Isn't this the same guy that did a whole gymnastic routine with Flipochet?
They don’t push as top heavyweights wrestlers doing mostly flips. He has evolved his style, he's more methodical and he's doing more striking.
He looks to me like a junior AJ Styles and I honestly think he can be better, the guy is still under 30.
NJPW did very good building new stars since the Elite left.

I also think there is no chance for a feud between AEW World champ and IWGP World champ.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Of all idiots they give the world title to Osprey. That’s how shit wrestling has gotten.

To make it even worse, they ruined the best looking heavyweight title with some plastic anime looking title.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I guess I should watch some of his latest matches, because it's kind of shocking. Flippy geek Ospreay I watched three-four years ago was not even close to be on a top NJPW spot.
He's switched up his style quite a lot recently. He's packed on a ton of weight and his moveset is a lot more aggressive and less flippy than it used to be. He still busts out a flippy move every once in a while but he's not the same man he was.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
He also looks like Tom Hardy which is why I think he could also be a big star in America some day coupled with his heel charisma.

Ospreay still does some 'video game' stuff but nothing as eccentric as he used to. To be honest, people need to get over this and realise modern non-WWE styles are maybe not what they grew up with. NJPW and AEW main event styles share some similarities in that way, especially with Kenny on top.

This is the finish to Ospreay vs. Ibushi (until NJPW does one of its infamous DMCAs). You might see a similarity to Kenny with his V Trigger style strike before the high impact finisher.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts