Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the nexus being on smackdown as well as raw ultimately end the brand extension? I think that both brands will unite to fight the nexus bringing an end to the separation, it could also solve a few irritations among some such as improving the mid-card as they may go back to one main championship keeping the usual main eventers chasing that title and bring some much needed importance back to the us and ic titles should m/e stars drop down. it would also leave space to develop the tag division as by dropping one title, there will be more promo and match time available. I know some will moan that too many big names will ruin the mid card but so many of the big household names of recent years where brought through slowly working their way up the roster the way some of the more recent champs have not done. considering how light the roster is i think it could work. This could give a bit more balance in face t heel ratio as well.

·
WindUp
163 Posts
as long as the two shows are on different networks i cannot see the brand extension ending, it is suprising the keep it though, cause as long as RAW and Smackdown are seperate, then i have no need to watch smackdown as i am not missing any of the RAW story lines, and thats what im interested in.

·
All Out
2,805 Posts
If it were to end I could see them ending it that way actually. Nexus would destroy the WWE as we currently know it, which I believe was their original goal...

·
Registered
603 Posts
the brand extension is never going to end....EVER
"Never" "EVER" like in: "Bret Hart will NEVER EVER be seen in a WWE ring again?" or more like in : "Shawn and Bret Hart will NEVER EVER be seen together in a WWE ring again"?.

But seriously I also think the Brand Extension will still stay for a long time.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Unification of Women's titles, tag titles, Alberto Del Rio crossing shows. It looks more and more like WWE will become one brand again. I would be happy though if non-champions were show exclusive but the IC/US titles were unified and the WWE and World titles were unified and then the champions had free reign between shows.

·
My man
6,506 Posts
Unification of Women's titles, tag titles, Alberto Del Rio crossing shows. It looks more and more like WWE will become one brand again. I would be happy though if non-champions were show exclusive but the IC/US titles were unified and the WWE and World titles were unified and then the champions had free reign between shows.
I don't think Del Rio is crossing shows, he's now simply on RAW, just as Wade is now on Smackdown.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
^ No ADR is crossing shows just like R-Truth with everyone else doing the same. It's RTW season, they always cross shows.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
ADR is crossing shows to get exposure because the WWE believes in him and nobody watches Smackdown.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
If they do re-unify the brands, I would keep the US and IC titles separate because of the sheer number of undercard talent the WWE has. The IC belt would be for the upper-midcarders/low-end maineventers like JoMo, Kofi, Dolph, Rey, Kane and ADR who might need a belt to fight for while a bigger storyline is happening with the World title. The US title would be for the lower end of the midcard; so your Primos, Ryders, Santinos, Bryans (yes, he would end up lower on the midcard if the brands re-united), etc. have a title. Then you'd have the tag titles and the Divas title.

By the by, I would also be trying to get Superstars another half an hour/full hour so that the lower card has some time devoted to it.

But yes, I think the best way for such a reunification to occur is via Nexus/Punxus

1 - 14 of 14 Posts