Wrestling Forum banner

Will Mistico's WWE Legacy compare to Rey Mysterio's?

3208 Views 20 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  Arya Dark
I have seen a couple YouTube clips of Mistico and don't watch Mexican promotions.

Beyond the speculation of how well Mistico will compare to Mysterio upon his debut, I also have a few questions since I'm ignorant about Mistico in general: how good is Mistico currently? Is he comparable to a younger Mysterio (WCW days)? In what ways are they different?
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
6,714 Posts
Mistico vs. Mysterio would be fantastic, and I would actually be pulling for Mistico in that one. Mistico could make WWE HUGE in Mexico. Like selling 25,000 tickets in Mexico and getting an extra 200,000 buys for pay per views with Mistico. If they market him well and let him go all out in the ring (and out of it).

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Mistico or Eduardo *random mexican name* with a far restricted move-set and without a mask ? :D

Seriously WWE can screw the biggest stars and i am sure Mistico didn't understand that he was suddendly going to become a Rey Mysterio's clone.

Poor guy he will always be compared to him, be less paid than now, have to only use a few moves and to forget all his fans :(

Mistico name and gimmick belong to his former company.

· Premium Member
43,038 Posts
Mistico vs. Mysterio would be fantastic, and I would actually be pulling for Mistico in that one. Mistico could make WWE HUGE in Mexico. Like selling 25,000 tickets in Mexico and getting an extra 200,000 buys for pay per views with Mistico. If they market him well and let him go all out in the ring (and out of it).
WWE's already taking/taken over Mexico. The lucha companies like AAA & CMLL are on the verge of becoming irrelevant because of how much WWE has expanded in Mexico. Haven't seen a huge amount of Mistico to talk too much about him but he is good, not as good as Mysterio in his prime but not many are. He COULD be a big attraction but they've got to get past his attitude problem first which will probably be the biggest stumbling block for him with WWE. I can definitely imagine him getting a lot of people buzzing the first time they see him though.

· Registered
4,953 Posts
There is absolutely NO way of knowing this. He could debut and suck and Vince cans him right away... or he could become an absolute legend - that's all down to the creative direction they take with him, how he performs personally and throw in a little bit of luck in the right places.

Every other thread on this place lately seems to be discussing hypothetical shit that you could discuss 'til the cows come home but there's no way of actually knowing.

IF AUSTIN DIDN'T TAKE A DUMP BEFORE KOTR 96 WOULD HE STILL BECOME A LEGEND?

WHAT IF ROCK MADE IT TO THE NFL?

WILL SOME GUY THAT'S NOT EVEN DEBUTED YET BECOME A LEGEND?

Blah blah blah. Why don't we just wait and see?

· Registered
274 Posts
There is absolutely NO way of knowing this. He could debut and suck and Vince cans him right away... or he could become an absolute legend - that's all down to the creative direction they take with him, how he performs personally and throw in a little bit of luck in the right places.

Every other thread on this place lately seems to be discussing hypothetical shit that you could discuss 'til the cows come home but there's no way of actually knowing.

Woah, clam down man. There's nothing wrong with people making their predictions on what will happen. It's part of the fun of being a fan IMO.

· Registered
7,589 Posts
In comparison to Rey Mysterio i don't think Mistico will have a legacy anywhere near the same level because they have marketed Rey Mysterio as the greatest mexican wrestler of all time, the biggest little man, the ultimate underdog and who is a former two time World champion and Royal Rumble winner. Mistico would have to surpass all of that in order to even be on the same level and i don't know if WWE will market him or use him in the same way as Rey Mysterio.

Also you have to take into account that Rey Mysterio became a HUGE name in WWE on the back of Eddie Guerrero's death and took over the role of the main man in WWE for the latin american market and was pushed to the moon because of that. With Mistico he would have to have the same kind of luck for him to get a major push like that and to my knowledge Mistico isn't anywhere near as over or as popular as Rey Mysterio was and still is in America as Rey Mysterio was HUGELY over in WCW before WWE whereas as far as i am aware Mistico has spent his entire career in Mexico.

If Mistico had maybe been in TNA first and developed a big following in America before coming to WWE then maybe he would have a much better shot at going on and equalling the legacy that Rey Mysterio has but he is coming in straight from Mexico and won't be known by a lot of people. Rey Mysterio was already a name before he came to WWE and WWE hyped his debut based on the fact that he was well known already and because of his friendship with Eddie Guerrero he then went even further and now is only behind John Cena, Triple H and The Undertaker as the biggest star in WWE so i don't think Mistico will get to have a legacy like Rey Mysterio but he will certainly fill a void from an in ring perspective once Rey Mysterio does goes and between Mistico and Alberto Del Rio i would say that WWE are very well covered in the latin american market.

· Registered
504 Posts
Why can't he just be the first Mistico rather than the next Rey Rey?

It seriously limits my enjoyment of the modern day product if I watch the show thinking "Hmm, this is good, but Austin would've been better".

· Banned
18,124 Posts
Del Rio vs Mystico program would be huge in Mexico, of course if Mystico gets the same treatment as Rey Mysterio.

· Banned
2,174 Posts

its better to look at what the other options weree and learn from it instead of blindly spending time and money on the show

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.