Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
Mysterio is very talented dare i say he can match mistico its just the fact that Mysterio has been doing it for a lot longer then Mistico and its taken its toll on his body not to mention his fossil plates he calls his knees but nevertheless Mysterio is still one of the best little workers in the world today and i think he can still go the distance with Mistico

·
Zombo
8,768 Posts
It's a damn shame we can't get Rey from '97 (the year he had THE match with Eddie at Halloween Havoc) meeting up with Mistico. Hopefully Mistico brings the same kind of quality and awe-inspiring excitement to the ring as Rey did then.

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
If Rey Mysterio wasn't held down by years of going all out, doing crazy shit, he would be probably the best wrestler in the world today. Mysterio has several things Mistico doesn't, and two of those is psychology and experience, and that'll take Mistico a few years to properly nail.

Reading your opinion, and several other opinions around this site, Mysterio is vastly underappreciated because he doesn't bring what he used to do 10-15 years ago, when in-fact, he is a superior wrestler nowadays.

·
Registered
674 Posts
If Rey Mysterio wasn't held down by years of going all out, doing crazy shit, he would be probably the best wrestler in the world today. Mysterio has several things Mistico doesn't, and two of those is psychology and experience, and that'll take Mistico a few years to properly nail.

Reading your opinion, and several other opinions around this site, Mysterio is vastly underappreciated because he doesn't bring what he used to do 10-15 years ago, when in-fact, he is a superior wrestler nowadays.
Rey is a better overall star, but Mistico is probably more fun to watch. Those two facing off would work excellently. Thnx to Rey's experience.

·
✔
21,671 Posts
Mistico is faster, more agile, with a wider range of moves than Mysterio.

Some of this is down to Mysterio being old, and working the "wwe style" for too long.

In a lucha libre match right now mistico would have to carry rey through the match
no he wouldnt. mistico is very talented, but to say he would carry rey mysterio is absolutely ridiculous.

rey has been putting on consistent matches his entire career. he could easily still mix it up with mistico, and i hope they do. just let them loose for 15-20 mins, it'd do wonders for both.

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
Here's the thing. You have to start asking how much longer can Mysterio possibly last? Motherfucker's knees are shot and he's in and out with injuries all the time. Maybe its time to start planning on replacing him since he's probably going to have to retire soon.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Rey Mysterio doesn't rely on spots anymore, Hell mostly he has his 5 Moves of Doom as usual in the WWE, but he has now the Ring Psychology he didn't have 10 Years ago. Mistico is flashy and he is a charismathic Individual and will go far but in Mexico there is no Ring Psychology it's just getting all that crazy stuff in, i am sure Rey could teach him what Guys like Benoit and Eddie have teached him Years ago.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Man Mysterio is in his mid 30s, overweight for his height (jacked up on roids), and as fragile as fine china but please believe Rey is no slouch even with the injuries.
Mysterio is still the most dynamic performer I've seen not named Shawn Michaels. If this Mistico could perform with HALF the talent Mysterio had 15 years ago he will be impressive but the skill set Mistico has is not conducive the WWE style.
The WWE-style is more on in-ring storytelling, psychology and not on spotmonkeyism Mistico will have to be "watered down" to even keep a job...surpassing Rey should be a distant 2nd.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't know why you guys are doubting Rey in a spotlight PPV match.

They would put on one hell of a match and would steal the show and probably the year.
It's not like Rey is Hulk Hogan and can't walk right now. Give Rey some time to really rest up and
plan a match without WWE dumbing it down and I guarantee it would be a top 3 match of the year if not MOTY.

·
Registered
878 Posts

It has been said in other threads but Flippy shit won't keep Mistico relevant. I find a lot of the Lucha stuff kinda pointless. wasted energy for no impact kinda stuff. ANd it looks VERY choreographed. Mistico will struggle to make people care about him.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts