Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
The Babyface of WF
Turned Heel
15,704 Posts
I believe it's more satisfying booking Drew to beat Miz at Fastlane then dropping the Title to Lashley at WM in a crowning moment, The opposite spells doom for the Heel Champion going in but I'll be optimistic about it until then.

Drew didn't even show on Raw and is owed a rematch at least he will likely pull a stunt on both of them going off of what happened at EC it's fairly easy.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Disagree. Lashley deserves to be WWE Champion and he has all the tools. His pairing with MVP is great. I've been waiting for him to win the title since the 2007 Great American Bash.
Yeah, I couldn’t disagree with that guy more. This is the best version of Lashley we’ve ever seen in WWE. I wasn’t a huge fan of his first run in WWE, but since leaving, he really improved himself in TNA, and obviously has the legit MMA background.

He looks like a legit bad ass, carries himself well, has a great mouthpiece now, and is above average in the ring. This is 100% the right time to strike with him.

·
Registered
565 Posts
The Miz is not losing the title before Fastlane so you haters need just to accept it.

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
I'm concerned Drew is gonna Claymore Lashley out of nowhere after Lashley demolishes Miz but before the pin. Pretty worried, don't trust Vince!

Miz was great on the mic on Raw though, that was a good kickoff promo.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
I don't believe Lashley will be winning the WWE Championship next week, but I wouldn't be sure that it's McIntyre that's coming in to run interference. The Miz took out his phone and started texting after being told that he would be defending his title next week. I have to assume that he's going to bring in some reinforcements.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Bo Dallas resurface as one of Miz's minions to help him retain. I don't even rule out a return for Curtis Axel to reform the Miztourage, even if only for a brief time. WWE's coffers seem to have opened back up again, and he was only released to save cash at the time ...

Honestly though, I'd just bring up Bo Dallas with a tweak to his gimmick, maybe making him a tough guy bodyguard type, and have him run interference and get him between The Miz and The Hurt Business.

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
I don't believe Lashley will be winning the WWE Championship next week, but I wouldn't be sure that it's McIntyre that's coming in to run interference. The Miz took out his phone and started texting after being told that he would be defending his title next week. I have to assume that he's going to bring in some reinforcements.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Bo Dallas resurface as one of Miz's minions to help him retain. I don't even rule out a return for Curtis Axel to reform the Miztourage, even if only for a brief time. WWE's coffers seem to have opened back up again, and he was only released to save cash at the time ...

Honestly though, I'd just bring up Bo Dallas with a tweak to his gimmick, maybe making him a tough guy bodyguard type, and have him run interference and get him between The Miz and The Hurt Business.
Really, jobber Bo Dallas who hasn't been seen on TV in over a year being a tough guy bodyguard and stopping the dominant Lashley who has the Tag champs as backup if needed from winning the belt. That's a ridiculous idea this close to Mania.

Also they showed Miz texting someone before the segment where they announced he will defend title next week. At that point, he was under pressure to defend same night. So that may not go anywhere.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Really, jobber Bo Dallas who hasn't been seen on TV in over a year being a tough guy bodyguard and stopping the dominant Lashley who has the Tag champs as backup if needed from winning the belt. That's a ridiculous idea this close to Mania.

Also they showed Miz texting someone before the segment where they announced he will defend title next week. At that point, he was under pressure to defend same night. So that may not go anywhere.
I did say it'd be a tweak to his gimmick. It's a better option for Bo than the current situation - not appearing on TV at all, sitting at home working on a real estate company because WWE clearly aren't interested in developing a wrestling career for him.

It's not like Dallas is a bad wrestler, or a bad promo. He's just been handed shit by creative every time he's been anywhere near TV. The closest he ever got to being popular was as part of the Miztourage. I'm just saying, reprise that, give the guy a break, and perhaps half a chance to show the WWE brass what he's capable of. I'm not saying he's some amazing future main eventer (although, in a company that put the WWE title on Mahal, who knows). I'm saying that the window is there, open, ready for Dallas to have a chance.

Also, don't forget, as far as WWE is concerned, if someone hasn't been on TV for more than 2 weeks, no one remembers a thing about them. So they could totally introduce him as a tough guy. Hell, even if they acknowledge it's Bo Dallas, they can just have commentary go on and on about how he's had a "change in attitude".

I don't get why people think that everything is totally fixed in place when it comes to characters and gimmicks. They reset, reboot and totally repackage people all the time. What I'm suggesting would literally be a small tweak to what he did in the MIztourage.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
5,099 Posts
On my WrestleMania card, I have the following:

WWE Championship
Bobby Lashley (w/MVP) v. Drew McIntyre

Special Attraction Match
Damian Priest & Bad Bunny v. The Miz & John Morrison

I don't even think you need any interference on Monday. Have Lashley run over MIz like a freight train and make him look like a monster going into WrestleMania. McIntyre returns, vowing revenge for the Elimination Chamber beatdown.

Meanwhile, a distraught and irrational Miz, looking for someone to blame, directs his aggression at Bad Bunny, and we're on our way. Easy, and it avoids making either of the faces (McIntyre and Bunny) look like jerks for distracting Miz. It's not like Miz is a character that needs to be distracted to lose to Lashley.

·
5,099 Posts
I'm really not looking forward to having to hear the words "Bad Bunny has pinned a former WWE Champion!"

I'm gonna have to get drunk to get through that.
Are you implying that you wouldn't be getting drunk to get through WrestleMania as it is?!?

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Are you implying that you wouldn't be getting drunk to get through WrestleMania as it is?!?
I mean there's "normal WrestleMania" drunk, and then there's "watching your favourite WWE superstar go from WWE Champion to being pinned by some fucking annoying hip hop cunt in the space of two months" drunk, which is the kind of drunk that'll land me in hospital with liver failure.

·
5,099 Posts
I mean there's "normal WrestleMania" drunk, and then there's "watching your favourite WWE superstar go from WWE Champion to being pinned by some fucking annoying hip hop cunt in the space of two months" drunk, which is the kind of drunk that'll land me in hospital with liver failure.
We need to get on a video call during WrestleMania, so I can (A) enjoy watching you go over the edge with a bottle of Jack in your hand and (B) call the medical team when the time comes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I hope McIntyre is quiet for a little bit. Maybe he shows up at Fastlane to cement a title match at WM...or maybe he is gone until Mania when he makes his presence felt in the title match (whoever it could be) and becomes the number 1 contender at that point.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Well there is one thing we can all unanimously agree upon, This has us all intrigued and possibly ona tape delay we’re all curious to find out what happens next! So in hindsight, they’ve done their job.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts