• Velveteen Dream's done

• Matt and Velveteen are both done

• Neither of them are

Results are only viewable after voting.
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
I hope not. I'm sick of this cancel culture stuff. not aware on what Dream did though, haven't kept up with all the news..

If "cancel culture" was a thing in the 80's, would ANY wrestler be safe? I mean, I can't imagine guys like Rude, Hennig, Steiner, Bagwell, HBK, Hall, Nash, etc. WEREN'T sexual deviants.
That doesn't make it okay....they did grimy shit back then that should never have happened

·
Registered
509 Posts
I agree it shouldn't have happened but that's basically like saying "wrestling shouldn't have existed".
Cancel culture for all its faults honestly would have helped keep snukas girlfriend alive and at least that guy hall killed alive.

The problem with these young pups being exposed right now is they grew up idolizing that era and have now perverted it no pun intended in to something way more sinister.

I think with that in mind cancel culture did something good for once. If the old boys and young kids want to give wrestling a worse reputation than it already has then its time the business got an enema

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,948 Posts
Cancel culture for all its faults honestly would have helped keep snukas girlfriend alive and at least that guy hall killed alive.

The problem with these young pups being exposed right now is they grew up idolizing that era and have now perverted it no pun intended in to something way more sinister.

I think with that in mind cancel culture did something good for once. If the old boys and young kids want to give wrestling a worse reputation than it already has then its time the business got an enema
Scott Hall killed in self defense.

·
Banned
4,848 Posts
I hope not. I'm sick of this cancel culture stuff. not aware on what Dream did though, haven't kept up with all the news..

If "cancel culture" was a thing in the 80's, would ANY wrestler be safe? I mean, I can't imagine guys like Rude, Hennig, Steiner, Bagwell, HBK, Hall, Nash, etc. WEREN'T sexual deviants.
I mean, most guys on that list being lost wouldn't be this huge devestating thing for the business.

·
Registered
650 Posts
i haven't read all of dream's accusations but isn't the new one about when he was 19 messaging a 16 year old?

who cares about that? that's legit peer group age.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I mean, most guys on that list being lost wouldn't be this huge devestating thing for the business.
wtf are you talking about? Hall and Nash wouldn't be? part of the faction that basically revolutionized pro wrestling? Steiner, Rude, HBK didn't inspire a generation of wrestlers? you can add Hogan to that list as well. Benoit. Nearly EVERY wrestler who's done anything in this industry has skeletons in their closet.

·
Banned
4,848 Posts
wtf are you talking about? Hall and Nash wouldn't be? part of the faction that basically revolutionized pro wrestling? Steiner, Rude, HBK didn't inspire a generation of wrestlers? you can add Hogan to that list as well. Benoit. Nearly EVERY wrestler who's done anything in this industry has skeletons in their closet.
My opinion on Hogan is well known. Rude was a midcard guy, losing him wouldn't shatter the business. Buff Bagwell? Who fucking could POSSIBLY care. Hall and Nash might have been part of a big group, but they're also notorious for being boring and sucking dick, particularly Nash. The NWA was flash in the pan booking, there's more of that group HURTING wrestling and choking WCW the company to fucking death than there is positive contributions. Being a hot group does not make up for destroying a major company with your booking.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
My opinion on Hogan is well known. Rude was a midcard guy, losing him wouldn't shatter the business. Buff Bagwell? Who fucking could POSSIBLY care. Hall and Nash might have been part of a big group, but they're also notorious for being boring and sucking dick, particularly Nash. The NWA was flash in the pan booking, there's more of that group HURTING wrestling and choking WCW the company to fucking death than there is positive contributions. Being a hot group does not make up for destroying a major company with your booking.
delusion but to each their own. my point remains that most every wrestler that has made a mark in wrestling over history has either done or said something terrible. and please don't name off Kevin Owens or Daniel Bryan as being exceptions. I'm talking people who really made an impact in the industry.

·
Banned
4,848 Posts
delusion but to each their own. my point remains that most every wrestler that has made a mark in wrestling over history has either done or said something terrible. and please don't name off Kevin Owens or Daniel Bryan as being exceptions. I'm talking people who really made an impact in the industry.
It's delusion that WCW was smothered to death by NWO? No, the words you're looking for are objectively fact.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Back in the early 1990's they got kicked off NBC partly due to the steroid and sleaze allegations. By today's society and if social media was around then, Hulkamania would have been exposed before they went mainstream. The Clique would have been caught out and fired. But that's a lot of what if's because without the 'edge' and rockstar feel it would have been too boring for prime time, remaining regional.

One theory I've heard is that when Vince dies, WWE dies. Simply because all his many skeletons will come of the closet + false claims tacked on. Thus making the WWE brand too toxic for sponsors.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Back in the early 1990's they got kicked off NBC partly due to the steroid and sleaze allegations. By today's society and if social media was around then, Hulkamania would have been exposed before they went mainstream. The Clique would have been caught out and fired. But that's a lot of what if's because without the 'edge' and rockstar feel it would have been too boring for prime time, remaining regional.

One theory I've heard is that when Vince dies, WWE dies. Simply because all his many skeletons will come of the closet + false claims tacked on. Thus making the WWE brand too toxic for sponsors.
interesting. I never thought of that. I personally think whatever skeletons Vince does have in his closet will be protected and not many people will speak out. the ones that do will be paid off. I would not be shocked at all if Vince turned out to have a history of sexually abusing wrestlers like Patterson, Moolah or Cornette. it would actually be more shocking if he DIDN'T do that.

that said, I think it will still be hard to completely turn on Vince and his legacy the same way people have a hard time with Hogan, Benoit and others because their is no denying their contributions.

·
Registered
269 Posts
There seems to be more evidence against Velveteen Dream being a creepy online child sex predator than there does against Jack Gallagher being a rapist.............which one of them has been sacked?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not sure on all the details as the negativity in the wrestling world right now can be a bit daunting so I catch headlines and things here and there.
It sounds like Riddle may be ok for now as they allowed the debut to screen and it does seem a little odd that anyone would commit a sexual offence in the presence of other people sleeping or not and someone had to be driving but only they know. I do however think Riddle will screw himself in the future, the guy has a incurable case of not knowing when to shut up syndrome. I predicted a couple of years back that Matt Riddle and Lio Rush would kill their own careers because both have a bad attitude, Rush pulled the trigger and I think Riddle will too even if he is cleared of this mess.

Velveteen Dream seems more likely to be canned because of the evidence stored. Of course hackers can discredit someone but if it is proven it was Dream then he is a goner from the company.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Wait, so it’s a gay 16yo and a gay 19yo talking about wrestling.

Is that the context here?

The 16yo was chasing Dream and kept sending him messages wanting to meet up.

The 16yo then said he’s training his body to become a wrestler and wanted feedback on his body.

Dream asked to show him the gym progress photos, which is probably extremely normal in bodybuilding circles, but he knew there’s a flirty aspect to it - but that’s not illegal in his state and it’s totally within expectation of their exchanges so far.

Then the 16yo “liked” those replies.

“wanna go bowling or something?”

Come on... maybe there’s more I haven’t seen, but purely in isolation the messages I saw were not majorly concerning in any way. Maybe there’s more I haven’t seen, so I’ll keep an open mind, but so far this sounds like context shifting to me.

This doesn’t seem like pure BS like many smelt off Enzo’s accuser, but it does seem like context twisting.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
There seems to be more evidence against Velveteen Dream being a creepy online child sex predator than there does against Jack Gallagher being a rapist.............which one of them has been sacked?
Which one has the most potential value for WWE? There´s your answer.
I´m not saying they should fire Dream right away, but if they´re gonna adhere to the statement they released regarding these cases, he should at least be suspended, and so should Riddle btw..

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Riddle will be fine (or at least employed), because it's a messy story with conflicting reports. On one hand, he's either a rapist and her a victim, or on the other she's a psychopath and he's the victim. Without any real facts, it's gonna be hard to know who's telling the truth. And if you can't prove a crime, then they can't really be punished for it. Or at least they shouldn't.

He also seems to be actively trying to sue this girl and fight back, which definitely helps back his innocence. Whether it's true or not, we may never know.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts