• Matt and Velveteen are both done

• Neither of them are

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title speaks for itself, curious what everyone's instincts are about this going forward. I've excluded every other performer that's been accused for the obvious reason that the two above are shoulders above the rest.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WWE have acknowledged all and are investigating. I get this feeling Jack Gallagher admitted what he did and got Benoit’d. Dream is probably denying. We shall see. I voted dream over. Riddle is not going anywhere IMO
I don't see any statement from WWE directly acknowledging the accusations of Dream, could you cite the source (genuinely interested)?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I hope not. I'm sick of this cancel culture stuff. not aware on what Dream did though, haven't kept up with all the news..

If "cancel culture" was a thing in the 80's, would ANY wrestler be safe? I mean, I can't imagine guys like Rude, Hennig, Steiner, Bagwell, HBK, Hall, Nash, etc. WEREN'T sexual deviants.

·
Premium Member
13,000 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
McMahon is the same person who covered up the sexual abuse of ring boys. Vince has been accused himself in the past of rape and sexual harassment. Matt Riddle and Velveteen Dream are not going anywhere. Not when their boss is as much a piece of shit as they are.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,407 Posts
No. The company has come out and said that no one even gets suspended unless they get arrested. And no one gets fired unless convicted.

Depending on the severity and number of allegations this could make watching certain wrestlers very uncomfortable and force the WWEs hand regardless of this policy though

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
If the best they got is the stuff posted then at worst, Velveteen just wont get pushed, job should be safe though regardless. Riddles not going anywhere either unless the woman goes further with her charges or at the very least has corroborating witnesses.

·
Registered
24,001 Posts
Unless we get further information on the Riddle allegations which he has outright denied, I don't think anything will happen.

Dream? I don't know, some of the stuff I saw was pretty damning and if he has that kind of mindset then I can't say I want anything to do with him. But will he be fired? If I I had to guess he'll still be around just not at a top level like many had hoped for in the past.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I think they'll release both and then re-sign one or both when/If they are vindicated. The WWE will want to appear squeaky clean.

·
Southern Pride
3,387 Posts
Whatever is being accused of Dream, is it the same thing that had came out to light in the past? My point being, if it is the same thing as before then WWE surely knew about it long before this week. Long before he had the NXT Championship match.

So I really don't think that anything is going to happen with Dream. Nor with Riddle also. Both will stick around.

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Neither of them will get fired regardless of whether they are guilty or not.

WWE has invested a lot in Riddle and Dream, and they won't just fire them. Now if they were just Joe Shmoes, they would have been released already.

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
McMahon is the same person who covered up the sexual abuse of ring boys. Vince has been accused himself in the past of rape and sexual harassment. Matt Riddle and Velveteen Dream are not going anywhere. Not when their boss is as much a piece of shit as they are.
Thats not factually true. Vince is much much bigger piece of sh** than they are.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts