Wrestling Forum banner

Will Kurt Angle Return?

1682 Views 19 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Splitdegree
???
Reactions: FLAW
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,780 Posts
If Vince offers him a 2 year contract with a very limited amount of house shows + a 5-6 years LEGENDS deal then & if the money is good then its a sureshot.

Imagine Angle vs Swagger
Angle vs Danielson
Angle vs Punk
Angle vs Rhodes
Angle vs Del Rio
Angle vs Morisson
Angle vs Orton/Cena/Rey

The possibilities are endless.The rub some of the younger lot will get will be HUGE.

I'll bet the roof will blow off if he does return.I expect a bigger pop than Booker & Nash.

· Registered
687 Posts
After everything that's happened in TNA with Karen and Jarrett, I can see it.

I hope he doesn't return to his workload that he had pre-TNA where he was on every tour, popping 60-70 pills a day.. Kurt would have ended up another wrestling tragedy, if he hadn't left.

· Registered
25 Posts
If Vince offers him a 2 year contract with a very limited amount of house shows + a 5-6 years LEGENDS deal then & if the money is good then its a sureshot.

Imagine Angle vs Swagger
Angle vs Danielson
Angle vs Punk
Angle vs Rhodes
Angle vs Del Rio
Angle vs Morisson
Angle vs Orton/Cena/Rey

The possibilities are endless.The rub some of the younger lot will get will be HUGE.

I'll bet the roof will blow off if he does return.I expect a bigger pop than Booker & Nash.
thats a good list of "first time" matchups - and theres a few more too.

Hope he comes back when the contract is up

· Registered
208 Posts
WWE treat TNA star so badly. Unless Kurt really need those money, a return to WWE will just kill him slowly.

· Registered
148 Posts
Only if he could get a very limited contract a la Shawn Michaels. That being said, rehiring him in a wrestling role would be totally in opposition to the no hires over 35 rule WWE supposedly is pushing right now.

· Registered
225 Posts
If the money's nice and he gets a contract with limited dates, he'll do it.
I doubt he wants to hang around and deal with Karen/The permanent Jeff Jarrett god push any more. Hell, if I were him, neither would I.

WWE would happily take Kurt back, considering they've welcomed the likes of Jeff Hardy back to the fold before, even Christian, too, who Vince supposedly hates.

Kurt says in most interviews that he was close/on good terms with Vince. If he's willing to put over younger guys in the company (which I think he would be considering his age and what he did for both Samoa Joe and AJ Styles in TNA), he could make a return.

And in interviews, Kurt Angle stated the reasons he left WWE were a) the schedule was too much, b) he was banged up, c) couldn't get paid time off/a lax schedule, and d) said he'd wrestled virtually everyone he could have good matches with in WWE, and saw some guys he wanted to wrestle with in TNA.

Now, the situation is reversed- he's had programs with all the available worthy talents in TNA, and is rehashing with Jarrett these days. And the WWE is where the new, exciting matches can be had- Ziggler, Bryan, Swagger, Punk, Del Rio, JoMo, Mistico, etc. And for his legacy, only WWE can give Angle the comprehensive DVD, Hall of Fame, and Wrestlemania send-off package he deserves. He deserves to be able to leave on a high note on a big stage. The man wasn't meant to waste away before 900 fans every night. He's a true all-time great, and at the end of the day, I think Kurt realizes all of this, too.

Kurt Angle will return to the WWE if he values the big picture, and I think he does. He's a smart guy. And Vince knows his young talent can benefit tremendously from working with a wrestler of Angle's caliber.

This makes too much sense to not happen.

· Banned
361 Posts
I hope he doesn't come back. I really admire Kurt Angle as a wrestler. Indeed, I maintain that his match against Michaels at Wrestlemania is perhaps the greatest match of all time. Kurt Angle is a legend and will go down alongside Hogan, Flair and Undertaker. The man is amazing.

But it is my understanding that he is also a physical wreck. That he can barely move his neck and is on borrowed time. I don't know if this is true or not, I hope not. But if it is, he needs to quit and get better. So he can enjoy his life and enjoy it with the dignity and mobility a man of his talent deserves.

I'm afraid for the guy, because he could end up like the Dynamite Kid if he carries on. Assuming his medical condition is as bad as I have been led to believe. Is it?

· Banned
3,179 Posts
Angle vs Orton/Cena/Rey
All already happened?

That being said, rehiring him in a wrestling role would be totally in opposition to the no hires over 35 rule WWE supposedly is pushing right now.

fpalm

How hard is this to understand, really?
This policy does not count towards wrestlers who are ALREADY ESTABLISHED.

The WWE is not going to tell Kurt, one of the best all-around wrestlers in the world today, that he cannot come back to the WWE because he is over 35.

They are not hiring any new developmental talent over 35...it's really quite simple to understand.

· #OVER
20,700 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised. He hasn't got long left on his TNA contract and after the current storyline I doubt he'd want to sign another one. He left on reasonably good terms and I'm sure Vince wouldn't hesitate to sign him up if he thought it'd make money.

· Registered
2,116 Posts
All the people saying Jarrett will be the reason Angle leaves, you realise Angle attended their wedding, right? Both parties have moved on, the breakup was mainly Kurts fault anyway, he admits to that.
His children live in Florida, he lives in Florida, you really think he'd accept less time with them?
Ontop of that, he was ready to kill himself in WWE. He got out, and Tna looked after the guy, and brought back the passion he had. He loves TNA, and clearly still feels like he owes them.

It would be nice seeing him in wwe again, but you people need to stop saying how 'likely' it is. Vince Mcmahon can not sign anyone at any time. WWE is becoming less and less of a prospect.

14,626 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if he left TNA for WWE. He's done all he can do in TNA. In WWE, there's a lot of talent I'd imagine he'd want to wrestle.

But I really doubt that the current storyline Angle is involved in will make him want to leave TNA. He agreed to it, and he's moved on - engaged to a girl who's pregnant with his kid.

· Registered
9 Posts
All already happened?

fpalm

How hard is this to understand, really?
This policy does not count towards wrestlers who are ALREADY ESTABLISHED.

The WWE is not going to tell Kurt, one of the best all-around wrestlers in the world today, that he cannot come back to the WWE because he is over 35.
kurt will be around to habe great matches put over talent and be the main guy in a HOF. he has a proven track recored and if u though nash and booker had a good reception..... wait for kurt at the end of the year. ill say kurt coming back will be the best pop of the year bar the rock.

They are not hiring any new developmental talent over 35...it's really quite simple to understand.
fucking thankyou. who wants a green guy that doesnt have 10 yrs in them. yer lets train up, postion a guy, and before you know it bam hes retired. wwe arnt looking for flash in the pan thier looking for people that will take them to success for yrs to come. kurt angle has a proven track record hes thier to put exiting matches on and put over new talent aswell as being a big draw.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.