Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Re: will kurt angle return to wwe?

Hopefully.

He's said before that he'd like to end his career with one last run in the WWE, so hopefully they'll reach some sort of mutual agreement before it's too late. He's wasted in that shit heap.

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts

He needs to end his career at a credible company and I'm sure he's well aware of that

·
Aggressively White
6,238 Posts

His body's a wreck and he's had a load of alcohol offences, he might work a part time Wrestlemania circuit though.

·
Registered
14,593 Posts

I hope so, would like to see him come back for a year and have matches with guys like Bryan and Punk.

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts

Ugh, these again. :StephenA

I'd rather him retire from wrestling next year.

Da fuck is the point of waiting ages for a guy to return to WWE or any company than just watching him where he is? It's not like it's hard to watch a Kurt Angle match now, as he is on national TV, still.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

Ugh, these again. :StephenA

I'd rather him retire from wrestling next year.

Da fuck is the point of waiting ages for a guy to return to WWE or any company than just watching him where he is? It's not like it's hard to watch a Kurt Angle match now, as he is on national TV, still.
Because where he is at the moment is beneath him. The talent pool is dire & the product stinks.

Kurt Angle belongs in the WWE. He should retire in the WWE.

·
Banned
810 Posts

I'd love to see Kirk Angel return. Lots of fresh matchups for him(Punk and Bryan, especially!) and he can still go.

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts

Because where he is at the moment is beneath him. The talent pool is dire & the product stinks.
In all fairness, both companies barely have ANY sort of logic in their respective products. Talent pool in TNA is low. Talent pool in WWE is REALLY low on star power. But both creative teams are slacking hard.

Kurt Angle belongs in the WWE. He should retire in the WWE.
And Angle does not BELONG to ANY COMPANY. And this goes to ALL wrestlers. Just as dumb as saying AJ Styles belongs in TNA. These guys are not property of one single company. They may fit better somewhere, fine. But that does not mean that they belong there. And where does Angle fit in current WWE? What? One match before unnoticed retirement?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

And where does Angle fit in current WWE? What? One match before unnoticed retirement?
He'd fit in a hell of a lot better than he does in TNA. He's already out wrestled & beaten pretty much every "star" on their half baked roster. What is there left for him to achieve by continuing to work for them?

If he signed a part time deal with the WWE like RVD/Jericho or even a limited appearance deal like Lesnar he could easily have successful new feuds with: Punk, Bryan, the Shield, Cody Rhodes, Cesaro, Del Rio... as well as reigniting old feuds with the likes of Cena & Orton or even big money matches with part timers like Lesnar, Triple H, Taker etc.

Who says he only has one more match left in him anyway? If he can get over these drug/alcohol issues he's good to go.

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts

He'd fit in a hell of a lot better than he does in TNA. He's already out wrestled & beaten pretty much every "star" on their half baked roster. What is there left for him to achieve by continuing to work for them?

If he signed a part time deal with the WWE like RVD/Jericho or even a limited appearance deal like Lesnar he could easily have successful new feuds with: Punk, Bryan, the Shield, Cody Rhodes, Cesaro, Del Rio... as well as reigniting old feuds with the likes of Cena & Orton or even big money matches with part timers like Lesnar, Triple H, Taker etc.

Who says he only has one more match left in him anyway? If he can get over these drug/alcohol issues he's good to go.
When did I say he had one more match in him?

Angle wrestling Brock or Punk then going gone again? Fine. But he doesn't NEED it.

·
Men with Ven
4,273 Posts

He needs to end his career at a credible company and I'm sure he's well aware of that
Exactly this, Angle is too damn good to end his career in TNA. Think of the feuds he could have with Bryan, Cesaro, Punk, the Shield guys, and so on. In a real fantasy land, if the streak were to be extended to 25 appearances, he could even face Taker.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
The TNA hate in this thread got a giggle out of me, kudos.
With the exception of a few wrestlers on WWE television, a majority of TNA's roster wrestler rings around the WWE talent.
and with the talent pool that WWE have right now(No, NXT doesn't count.) it's laughable anyone would jump on TNA's ass for theirs, even if it's not infinitely better.
But that's not what this is about.

I don't believe Kurt ever will, TNA signed him up at a point in his life where he'd just lost two of his closest friends and had a serious addiction to painkillers, meaning honestly; he was heading down the Guerrero/Benoit track.
and they've taken care of him, they let him keep doing what he loves, highlighted his strengths at every possible opportunity, sent him off to rehab when he needed it, given him titles, trusted him with the younger stars, booked him probably stronger than he ever did before & he gets inducted into the TNA HoF this weekend.

I wouldn't begrudge the guy his last year in WWE if he really wants to go out like that, so long as he didn't turn his back on the guys that took care of him and it was a neutral thing. I love Kurt, he's easily in my all time favourite 5, i'd like to see him on a bigger stage with better production when he finally decides to go out, but at the same time, i don't have a problem with him bowing out with his head held high where he is now.

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,398 Posts
Kurt Angle wants to retire in WWE and have 1 more good year. This includes hall of fame and DVD.

·
Registered
850 Posts
The TNA hate in this thread got a giggle out of me, kudos.
With the exception of a few wrestlers on WWE television, a majority of TNA's roster wrestler rings around the WWE talent.
and with the talent pool that WWE have right now(No, NXT doesn't count.) it's laughable anyone would jump on TNA's ass for theirs, even if it's not infinitely better.
But that's not what this is about.

I don't believe Kurt ever will, TNA signed him up at a point in his life where he'd just lost two of his closest friends and had a serious addiction to painkillers, meaning honestly; he was heading down the Guerrero/Benoit track.
and they've taken care of him, they let him keep doing what he loves, highlighted his strengths at every possible opportunity, sent him off to rehab when he needed it, given him titles, trusted him with the younger stars, booked him probably stronger than he ever did before & he gets inducted into the TNA HoF this weekend.

I wouldn't begrudge the guy his last year in WWE if he really wants to go out like that, so long as he didn't turn his back on the guys that took care of him and it was a neutral thing. I love Kurt, he's easily in my all time favourite 5, i'd like to see him on a bigger stage with better production when he finally decides to go out, but at the same time, i don't have a problem with him bowing out with his head held high where he is now.
Well said man. +Rep for this.

Just because WWE is the top company and Kurt had a great run there doesn't mean he "belongs" there. IMO TNA is where he should end his career. It's where I will remember him the most probably, and I've watched him since his WWE debut. It's just fitting. You wouldn't ask Jericho to retire in WCW (if it was still alive) just because he started out there (I know Angle didn't start in WWE but you know what I mean).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts