Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I remember around late 09 early 10 it seems WWE was really behind him and he was just months away from being WWE Champion or at least winning MITB at Wrestlemania. Then for whatever reason his push was just seemingly aborted, sure he botched abit and flubbed his lines once if I can remember correctly but the guy was OVER big time and I get the feeling if WWE hadn't completely stopped his push they could have done something they've really struggled to do - create a new main event face.

I get the feeling that they shot themselves in the foot stopping his push becuase all though it might not had mattered then when Jericho, Edge, HBK, HHH, Batista and so on were all active. Now there is so little star powerand I honestly think Kofi could have been a big star.

Any of you think he still has a chance of becoming a main eventer or is he now doomed to a career of mediocrity?

Personally I think he's probably gonna end up being a midcarder for the rest of his WWE career which is a shame as he still gets pretty big pops to this day.

Oh and BTW, please don't turn this into a Randy Orton hate thread.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I hope so. I'm not exactly a fan of his but I'm starting to become one, and he is definitely both over as hell with the casuals and pretty damn entertaining in the ring. It'd be kind of a shame if he never got his shot.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so. I'm not exactly a fan of his but I'm starting to become one, and he is definitely both over as hell with the casuals and pretty damn entertaining in the ring. It'd be kind of a shame if he never got his shot.
I feel the same, I can't really say I'm a fan of his but for somebody as over as him he should really be made more relevant.

·
Registered
125 Posts
back in 2010 possibly but hes been pushed so far down the card that itll be a while before he gets built up again.

plus his trunks are so jobber looking hell never main event until he drops the tropical green and baby blue colors. i get why he picks those colors but its too jobber looking imo.

his best look was his black trunks look when he boom dropped randy

·
Registered
917 Posts
Book him in proper feuds like they did with Orton, in the process giving him more depth as a character and more mic time, and yes you have main event material on your hands. He has the mic skills as shown in the Orton feud. In ring skills are flashy and inconsistent but good enough. Can connect with the audience.

The people who say he cant be a main eventer say so because of how WWE has booked him; as a happy go lucky, smiling face like his new buddy Bourne. Maybe that's in part his fault too if he hasn't pushed for more character depth.

But he has shown that with mic time and a proper feud he is main event material.

·
HEADBANGA
21,273 Posts
As a fan of his since his ECW days I don't even dare think of him even being near the main event. I used to get my hopes ups whenever Royal Rumble or MITB rolls around but every year he fails and gets passed over for someone who isn't even near as over as him. It's baffling quite honestly.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I hope not.
Being over with the crowd shouldn't make someone eligible to be WWE Champion.
Look at Jeff Hardy, he sucked at everything, the only thing that favored him was being so over, for some reason that i cant get, and he became a 3 time World Champion. You think that's fair? I don´t

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
I think so. Once his character begins to mature and develop (like it did during that feud with Orton), I think he has a great shot of moving on up the card. He's capable in the ring, on the mic, and can connect with the audience. What more could you ask for? He'll probably end up being one of the major players of the next generation, alongside Punk, Miz, Barrett, Ryder, Ziggler, Sheamus, possibly Truth and some others.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Really?, I'm a huge fan of Barrett but he is really higher on the card then Kofi?, he sure as hell isn't as over as him.
Obviously not any more. But he was during the Nexus storyline, he was a real heat magnet. But like Kofi he won't become a main eventer for a while as there's no real space to edge either of them into the title picture at this current point in time. They'll become main eventers I'm sure, well, at least Barrett will, but not in the immediate future.

·
HEADBANGA
21,273 Posts
I hope not.
Being over with the crowd shouldn't make someone eligible to be WWE Champion.
Look at Jeff Hardy, he sucked at everything, the only thing that favored him was being so over, for some reason that i cant get, and he became a 3 time World Champion. You think that's fair? I don´t
Jeff was extremely over with the crowd wherever he went, and gets better reactions than 90% of the faces on the roster. He deserved to be champ.

·
Banned
611 Posts
Jeff was extremely over with the crowd wherever he went, and gets better reactions than 90% of the faces on the roster. He deserved to be champ.
This. Don't let your hatred of Jeff Hardy blur history, because Jeff was over as fuck during his second run. Hell, before he left was easily the #2 face behind Cena, and was on his way to being the top guy.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Kofi should be a world champion one day. I liked him during the Orton feud and would welcome a return to that Kofi. I'm not really a fan, but when a guy is as over as he was then, you should give him a shot and see what he does.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I hope so, but he's black so.... /grin

·
Banned
611 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Not unless he's a cunt heel that no one likes. No black guy gets a title if we like them.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Must I really detail that Rock was the exception and not the rule? AGAIN? So Kofi's gonna have to get shitted on 15 years to deserve a run? /grin
So is the World Heavyweight Champion.
S

1 - 20 of 30 Posts