Wrestling Forum banner

Will John Morrison Make a Good Mr. Money in the Bank?

2297 30
I think John Morrison is a good candidate to win MITB this year. He has been red hot and steals the show every week, his crowd reaction is getting louder these days and it seems WWE still has faith on him by letting him beat Sheamus and he's been kept relevant since then. So, do you think he's gonna make a good Mr. MITB?

Last year The Miz won the MITB and i think Miz's reign as Mr. Money In The Bank was thoroughly entertaining. His reign was like emotional roller coaster, he teased his cash-in plenty of times which always made me on the edge of my seat, lol. And i still remember nearly everyone here was expecting him to cash-in at Survivor Series after the promo he cut on Old School Raw the previous week, and the cash-in didn't happen, which disappointed some people. And when he finally cashed it in the following night on Orton everyone was shocked and it seemed like a big deal, an emotional moment for his fans and maybe a dark moment for his 'haterz', especially Miz girl, lol. Point is, his reign was meaningful, he's able to make a good use of the briefcase.

CM Punk's reigns as Mr. MITB were nothing special even though his cash-in were awesome, and RVD's was pretty good by putting his MITB contract on the line at one time, and i like when he decided to cash it in fair and square. I'm not sure what scenario will be suitable for Morrison if he wins the MITB, a sneaky cash-in attempt every now and then won't suit his character at all. Most definitely he will want to win the title fair and square, and then cashes it in for a match at a PPV ala RVD. Someone here suggested that he should have a boyhood dream comes true scenario and it might work, the commentators should build him up as someone who has worked hard to get to where he is today, having been in the company for years and it's always been his dream in his entire life to become a WWE champion. and then maybe during his reign Morrison should feud with a major heel like CM Punk and the Nexus, assuming that CM Punk wants Morrison's MITB contract and challenges Morrison to put his MITB contract on the line (i know it's too similar to RVD/Shelton MITB feud, but i don't mind if it's happening again :p), and then Morrison defends it plenty of times against Punk and Nexus in multiple scenarios that makes it look like Morrison is in a risk of losing MITB contract, but Morrison will finally gain the upperhand at the end. It would make a good tv and it might work in terms of getting the audience behind him so when he finally cashes in it on the champion it will be a moment that everyone can't wait to see. Well, it's just an idea. How about you? Do you think he has the skills to make a good Mr. MITB?
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
NO! i like john morrison as the in ring performer not as a superstar in my eyes he just is the white version a shitter version of benjamin but hey back to your question.

no i dont think he would be able to carry the hype or story after winning it to be honest with you he could be a next jeff hardy in a sense but i would rather kofi kingston win it as he deserves it more and has seeds planted to use it in a story line possibly a WHC fued with ADR adr wins the heavyweight kofi wins the MITB and they fued from there i only see morrison fueding if miz retains and then him and morrison fued for world title but i personally feel their rivalery needs more fuel to establish itself as one of the rivalery fueds that are known and people like to see

· Premium Member
46,599 Posts
We'll find out if/when he wins it (and I'll believe that when I see it). It all depends on how he's booked. If they go the Jack Swagger route with him, I'll go crazy.

· Registered
1,400 Posts
If he wins MITB, he needs to cash in clean/fair to headline a ppv. I was thinking cutting some promo about how in order to be worthy of calling himself world champion, he needs to be able to beat anyone, anywhere, and goes on to face every former world-champ in a series of matches with the briefcase on the line. This would not only keep him relevant, but reduce the need for WWE to figure out ways to keep main eventers who aren't in the world title match relevant.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
No, he won't be, but that won't stop him from winning it. The only way he's not guaranteed to win at this point is if they put Barrett in the match, and even then, with as many bad decisions as they make, they'll probably put it on Morrison anyway.

A MITB holder has to have mic skills to be able to sell the fact that they've got the shot. Morrison can't do that. The 2 exceptions are Swagger, who cashed in right away, and RVD, who was more over than Morrison could EVER hope to be, no matter what level he gets to. The only way Morrison could work as a MITB holder is if they go the Swagger route and have him cash in the first chance he gets. Luckily for WWE, in this case, unlike Swagger, they've actually built Morrison, so it won't be quite as abyssmal as that reign. Nevertheless, I still don't believe in him as championship material and never will.

· BLUE IS BACK
16,346 Posts
Nah, his character doesn't fit it. Not only that, but in order to be a good Mr. Money in The Bank, you have to have charisma and be able to control the crowd, John Morrison can't do that.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
I think he'll be fine as Mr.MITB. I seriously doubt he's going to end up being one of those guys who teases cash in every single week or so either. I believe they will use MITB to build the guy up before associating him with the world title in any way. I think that's probably best sincce MITB usually means a heel trying to get one up on a face champion, or using underhanded tactics to gain the upper hand in order to cash in.

I would actually love for Morrison to win MITB then state the night after that he plans to cash in at Summerslam 2011 in LA for the WWE Title. The champions would change along the way, but everyone would know one half of the summerslam main event from the night after Mania. This would give them a good few months to build Morrison to the world title, and also to create a storyline with someone else. Would be the first 'organised match' type cash in since RVD and I think that's whats needed for MITB since the 'surprise' cash in, well...isn't exactly a surprise anymore.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
I really do hope that Morrison wins MITB, he's due to be compensated somehow. If he does win MITB, i'm expecting he'll do it the RVD way. Fair and square. He's been impressing everybody lately, MITB should elevate his status greatly

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
He won't do it fair, that'll never happen again. The only reason it was ever contested "fairly" was because they wanted John Cena to lose the title to RVD at the ECW PPV, and that was the only believable way that Cena would have any business there, to be in an announced title match. He couldn't just show up randomly, get a beatdown and lose it.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
He won't do it fair, that'll never happen again. The only reason it was ever contested "fairly" was because they wanted John Cena to lose the title to RVD at the ECW PPV, and that was the only believable way that Cena would have any business there, to be in an announced title match. He couldn't just show up randomly, get a beatdown and lose it.
I don't think thats true. The only other face who has won MITB was CM Punk, the rest have been heels so would obviously not do it the fair way. I think if Morrison wins MITB he has every chance of doing it via an organised match. The WWE have got to realise that the 'surprise cash in' is incredibly old at this stage and doing it the fair way for a face is obviously the best way for a face to become a legit main eventer.

If Morrison wins, he'll do it via a matchup. The WWE have also made LA their Summerlslam home so it it seems so IF Morrison were to win, they have a perfect scenario on their hands. Second biggest PPV of the year, Morrison's home town, first title win etc. It would fit.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
I don't think thats true. The only other face who has won MITB was CM Punk, the rest have been heels so would obviously not do it the fair way. I think if Morrison wins MITB he has every chance of doing it via an organised match. The WWE have got to realise that the 'surprise cash in' is incredibly old at this stage and doing it the fair way for a face is obviously the best way for a face to become a legit main eventer.
Kane won MITB as a face. He turned heel later, but that's irrelevant. He won it and cashed in while playing the face role. If anybody could've done it fairly it would've been him. Fair point, anyway, but it's MITB. The whole concept of MITB is for it to be an easy way out, and that if you're smart, you can't lose. So what if the method is old? They don't give a shit. As far as a clean cash in being the best way to becoming a legit main eventer, that depends on who his opponent is. I assume that if Morrison takes the title from somebody, it's not going to be Cena, it's not going to be Triple H, and it's not going to be Randy Orton. It's probably gonna be The Miz, or CM Punk, or maybe even Sheamus. He's already beaten Sheamus and Punk clean a billion times each and nobody takes Miz seriously to begin with, so big whoop if he cashes in fair on them.

If Morrison wins, he'll do it via a matchup. The WWE have also made LA their Summerlslam home so it it seems so IF Morrison were to win, they have a perfect scenario on their hands. Second biggest PPV of the year, Morrison's home town, first title win etc. It would fit.
It would fit, but knowing WWE, it wouldn't happen. I don't know if you've noticed, but there's a LONG standing tradition of WWE making people job in their hometowns. Even the main eventers have suffered this, with Edge beating Cena in Boston and Cena beating Edge in Toronto. They're not gonna extend some special courtesy to Morrison.

· Registered
654 Posts
I think he'd be a good choice, he'd look good posing with the briefcase. I'd like to see a fair challenge and him win it, because the surprise cash in is very stale at this point.

· Registered
10,291 Posts
I've been waiting for a fair RVD type cash in for years now, Morrison seems like the type of guy that would do that, tell the champion when and where. I know most people would expect him to cash it in on Miz, but can you just imagine if Morrison get over huge after winning the MITB, that he waits lets say 6 months, Summerslam, and challenges John Cena, a face vs face match where he ends up taking the WWE title from the poster boy of the WWE, oh man what a moment that would be, and it would cement him as a top face alongside Orton and Cena.

· Registered
317 Posts
He should be all right - and I think the fan reaction would be quite good if he were to win MITB at Mania. I doubt they would make him play up his victory as much as Miz did. He'll probably only have to cut one promo to be honest - the next night on Raw after winning MITB he'll probably announce when he wants to cash it in and that's it (sort of like RVD).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.