Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
6,887 Posts
Considering that he's focused on his acting career and that he will probably never be a full time wrestler ever again, probably not. I honestly hope not. But dumber things have happened, like the Rock winning the WWE championship back in 2013.

Reactions: Rain

· Registered
3,736 Posts
Cena should never, ever win another World Title. He's only wrestled a total of a few matches these past few years, and WWE needs to move on from part-timers holding the championship hostage. Cena doesn't even have the credibility to win the title and give the rub to whoever beats him for it, so there's that. He lost clean to an exhausted Rollins in a Gauntlet Match, got eliminated by Strowman in an Elimination Chamber Match, got squashed by Undertaker at WrestleMania 34, got pinned by Balor in a Triple Threat Match, and lost to the same Fiend who got squashed by Goldberg. Not to mention, Cena lost clean to Reigns at SummerSlam despite the fact that the latter usually cheats to win all of his Universal Title matches. Plus, it's highly unlikely that he'll ever work a full-time schedule since he's clearly more focused on his acting career than his wrestling career. And if we're being honest, Cena shouldn't have even won his 16th World Title since he ended up losing it a few weeks later to Wyatt, who ended up losing it in his first pay-per-view title defense.

· Registered
485 Posts
Yea it’s the last big storyline for Cena. They probably want to wait a couple years and then have him come back for a short full timer run like maybe from RR to Mania where he would come often , cut promos etc so that it feels like an actual big feel run. Who knows maybe that will be the big storyline for WM 40 if they can’t get Rock for a match.

· Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea it’s the last big storyline for Cena. They probably want to wait a couple years and then have him come back for a short full timer run like maybe from RR to Mania where he would come often , cut promos etc so that it feels like an actual big feel run. Who knows maybe that will be the big storyline for WM 40 if they can’t get Rock for a match.
Very possible

· Sassy Southern
Bless Your Heart
8,851 Posts
It will happen eventually. Probably not this year but eventually.

· Registered
9,040 Posts
Unless Vince takes creative control again fully, you think these two would allow it?

The one who will get to 17 first if anything is another Flair.

I could be wrong since Cena is Cena, BUT seeing where Cena is at now in his career I still think they squandered turning Cena heel back in the day. Now it appears just completely blown opportunity that is funny that Hogan at his age rejuvenated his career in WCW creating another boom.

· Registered
292 Posts
Unless Vince takes creative control again fully, you think these two would allow it?

The one who will get to 17 first if anything is another Flair.

I could be wrong since Cena is Cena, BUT seeing where Cena is at now in his career I still think they squandered turning Cena heel back in the day. Now it appears just completely blown opportunity that is funny that Hogan at his age rejuvenated his career in WCW creating another boom.
In my opinion, Cena probably prefers the opportunities he has in Hollywood as opposed to the potential heel Hogan run he could have had.

I don't know that for a fact and I do not care to know. That's why it's just an opinion.

· Premium Member
13,457 Posts
I agree with this post. I'll go one further and say that the "one more title win" should be tied in with a retirement match.

John Cena returns, cuts an emotional promo about after twenty-plus years he's going to retire, but damn it if he's not going to go out one more time as the 17-time world champion. Have him call out the top heel at the time and build towards one final match where Cena puts over his opponent then holds up a "never give up" sign and leaves the ring.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts