Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously he has a big opportunity this Sunday, but even if he doesnt win on Sunday, do you ever think there will be a time WWE will eventually pull the trigger on Jinder?

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Hopefully not. World titles shouldn't be for everyone. Not everyone needs to have a reign, not everyone deserves one. Jinder has yet to prove he deserves one.

Reactions: Ace

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,424 Posts
:canunot

It's probably the state of the company when they have to call upon Jinder Mahal to be their world champion. I doubt it'll happen and he'll likely be pushed back down the card after not too long, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if he won the title tbh.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Jinder winning the title would certainly be the darkest timeline, but I doubt it. I really believe he's only challenging for the title because WWE wanted to push him for India, not at a world title level, but just push him, so they wanted to make him a viable midcarder, but because they have no patience, instead of actually building him up slowly over the course of months, like they do with guys like Corbin and Reigns, ie guys Vince actually cares about, they just shoved Jinder into the title program immediately so that when he went back down to the midcard, he didn't look out of place because he was just in the main event.

This may be way off given Vince's irrational nature but it's the only thing I can tell myself to make sense of this push. Even by WWE standards, Jinder Mahal is way lower than what they usually consider main event material.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Hope not... he's UC tier, like Balor has proven, any geek can win that title.
You mean the top title currently held by the most dominant superstar over the last 15 years?

:kobelol

From Goldberg to Lesnar to Reigns.

The WWE title is going from Bray Wyatt to Randy Orton to possibly Jinder Mahal.

::Jordan2

Reactions: Jam

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Hope not... he's UC tier, like Balor has proven, any geek can win that title.
Bah ha ha. Come on dude. I know you hate Balor and the Universal title, but he's not a geek, he's a winner, and Vince doesn't think one belt is bigger than the other. Geek doesn't mean untalented, geek means loser. Austin Aries is a geek. Luke Harper is a geek. Neville is a geek. These are traditionally pretty well regarded people. Jinder is an actual, legit geek (bigger than them). The Universal title hasn't been held by one geek, the absolute closest is Kevin Owens and Kevin Owens has had a pretty good top of the second tier career. Balor was super pushed, and the other two are Goldberg and Lesnar. Does Jinder really not look out of place on that list? The WWE title was just won by Main Event Jinder aka Bray Wyatt who hasn't won a high profile feud in his entire career, not to mention Miz of all people, plus the WWE title match for SummerSlam last year, supposedly a huge show, was Dean Ambrose vs Dolph Ziggler. The Universal title is not the World Heavyweight Championship that symbolically represented WCW, it's a WWE creation, for better or worse, so Jinder's not gonna Jack Swagger the belt.

·
Baby Yoda
30,149 Posts
You mean the top title currently held by the most dominant superstar over the last 15 years?

:kobelol

From Goldberg to Lesnar to Reigns.

The WWE title is going from Bray Wyatt to Randy Orton to possibly Jinder Mahal.

::Jordan2
When your title looks like a children's toy, is named after a company's fan base and is defended by a part timer on a shit tier PPV called Great Balls of Fire against midget geeks like Balor... it doesn't matter who holds the title. God himself could win that title and not add a shred of credibility to it.

The title is going to remain that way until the day the titles are unified.

I kid you not, I really wanted AJ to win the IC title next. To me that's the second biggest title in the company, it has
a rich history and has something the UC will never have.

That UC title is worthless, Vince can put it on Goldberg, Lesnar or Reigns etc. it's not going to change the fact it is complete trash.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
When your title looks like a children's toy, is named after a company's fan base and is defended by a part timer on a shit tier PPV called Great Balls of Fire against midget geeks like Balor... it doesn't matter who holds the title. God himself could win that title and not add a shred of credibility to it.

The title is going to remain that way until the day the titles are unified.
Or knowing you, until AJ Styles wins it. I guess AJ Styles outranks God. Don't tell him that.....

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
When your title looks like a childrens toy, is named after a company;s fan base and is defended by a part timer on a shit tier PPV called Great Balls of Fire against midget geeks like Balor... it doesn't matter who holds the title. God himself could win that title and not add a shred of credibility to it.

I kid you not, I really want AJ to win the IC title :lmao

That UC title is worthless, put it on Goldberg, Lesnar or Reigns, it's not going to change the fact it is complete trash.
It looks exactly the same as the WWE Title, but with a red strap.

:aries2

Things like that don't really matter. Rey Mysterio, although talented, was a midget, and he won the WWE Title.

It went from Goldberg to Brock and no-one is sniffing it until Reigns gets it. It's the exclusive title among the elite at the moment. Not even Balor is touching that again until Big Dog gets it.

Stop lying, if AJ wins that title on Raw you will go ballistic, because the chances are, given the title timeline, that he'd win it off Reigns or Balor (who you hate) or Strowman.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
I think he has to win it at Backlash. Otherwise the whole rocket push from jobber to Number 1 Contender is all a bit pointless

·
Baby Yoda
30,149 Posts
Or knowing you, until AJ Styles wins it. I guess AJ Styles outranks God. Don't tell him that.....
You might not believe me, but I wanted AJ to win the IC title. To me that's the second biggest title in the company. The UC is nothing but a bad joke IMHO.

Why the fuck should I give a shit about the secondary World Championship? The second most prestigious title in the company is the IC title, the lineage is on another level compared to fucking Balor, KO, 50 year old Goldberg, Brock 'I wrestle 3 times a year' Lesnar and Roman 'the biggest flop in pro wrestling history' Reigns.

What point of God can't add credibility to it don't you get? :lol

It doesn't matter who the champion is, the title is a joke and has an awful lineage.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
The same IC Title which appeared on the prestigious Wrestlemania pre-show.

:hano

Reactions: CesaroSwing

·
Baby Yoda
30,149 Posts
The same IC Title which appeared on the prestigious Wrestlemania pre-show.

:hano
All it needs is a champion to restore it to its former glory.

It's easy to become #2 when you have shit like the Universal Championship flying for a championship title :kobelol

The thought of Roman's crowning moment over Brock being for worthless title that will be erased is hilarious :lol

How do Roman marks feel about Roman beating Broid for a worthless title that will be forgotten in 20 years time? :lmao

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.