Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there are any rumors regarding JR's return to the WWE. Hopefully he will come back at WM27; it would be awesome to hear his voice again.

·
Registered
21,650 Posts
I presume tht he will return at some point for one or two one-off shows but not full time.

·
Fighting the feeling...
Behind!
2,546 Posts
He still refs the odd dark match here and there doesnt he? Doubt he will go back full-time, especially with his JR's BBQ range expanding.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I've been keeping an eye on his twitter the last couple of days. He tends to always reply along the lines of "I miss and love Raw and would go back, but I don't think WWE need me now". To be honest I think we're just waiting on WWE to make the move and we'll see JR back on the announce table quicker than you can say boomer sooner.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I don't really like Jim Ross, overrated but he would still be better than anything WWE has.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
I don't like the idea of him returning for occasional appearances like to announce something like Wrestlemania. Now don't get my wrong, I am a huge fan of him and respect him emmensly, he will always be the second greatest wrestling announcer of all time (first is the iconic Gordon S). But really, if we let the guy heal up throughout the year with his health problems and give him big match main events at Mania to do, then we will never have new commentators step up and have the chance to call a match of that calibir, and in that case why would anyone want to become a commentator only to call the tag team matches and things like that. You need to give new guys the chance to be in the spotlight to call matches.

Anyone out there get what i'm saying?

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't we'll ever see ross full time.

I think that message was clear when he announced on Old School. To me the message was sent out that the company feels he's old news and will not be used on a full time basis anymore. but maybe that's just me that got that message.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
when he did announce on the Old school raw it really showed me how much i miss him, his voice calling the matches is (in my opinion) PERFECT , he is the true voice of the WWE!!

·
Registered
13,215 Posts
Hope not except for the occasional special appearance. Time for a new generation [For good or bad].

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
the only thing stopping JR from returning full time is WWE themselves he has stated on a number of occasions that he is willing and ready to return but WWE is holding out they should have Cole Mathews and Striker on Smackdown and JR & King on Raw .

Reactions: Game Fiend

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I don't like the idea of him returning for occasional appearances like to announce something like Wrestlemania. Now don't get my wrong, I am a huge fan of him and respect him emmensly, he will always be the second greatest wrestling announcer of all time (first is the iconic Gordon S). But really, if we let the guy heal up throughout the year with his health problems and give him big match main events at Mania to do, then we will never have new commentators step up and have the chance to call a match of that calibir, and in that case why would anyone want to become a commentator only to call the tag team matches and things like that. You need to give new guys the chance to be in the spotlight to call matches.

Anyone out there get what i'm saying?
I do see what you're saying and you're right that JR probably shouldn't take the place of the regular announcers who are going to be around for years. I would like to see WWE have a rotating announce team, one week it might be Cole and Matthews on Raw/ King and Grisham on Smackdown, the next it might be Striker and Matthews on Raw and Cole and JR on Smackdown.

Just a thought.

·
Banned
542 Posts
the only thing stopping JR from returning full time is WWE themselves he has stated on a number of occasions that he is willing and ready to return but WWE is holding out they should have Cole Mathews and Striker on Smackdown and JR & King on Raw .
^This and I feel that it was a BIG miss on not letting JR announce at last years WM as well. I hope WWE lets him announce at this years WM.

·
I live in a pineapple....under the sea.
530 Posts
He is awesome, but just like everyone else, they have to retire and just never come back, there has to an ending to everybody's career, unless your name is Ric Flair.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I like JR, but I'm glad WWE is investing in new announcing talent or making some character changes to some (like Cole). JR can't be around forever, and everyone has to be replaced.

The reason they were in their past commentary predicament is due to not developing and relying on JR and others. That's why these past few years have been terrible for WWE when it comes to announcers.

But improvements have been made...

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
God I hope so. I would be totally fine if he only did PPVs which would cut down on the travel schedule substantially. Being subjected to listening to the idiocy of Cole, Striker and King week in and week out is getting to be too much. I have said it before and will say it again, that one of my favorite parts of attending WWE events recently has been the fact that I don't have to listen to their bullshit.

Please, give us JR behind the announce table at Wrestlemania. Please, Save.Us_JR.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
^This and I feel that it was a BIG miss on not letting JR announce at last years WM as well. I hope WWE lets him announce at this years WM.
yeah he should have called the HBK vs Taker match as the one think that lacked was JR s passion while calling a match it was a great match but it would have been epic if JR had called it .

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
WWE has drawn a line in the sand during the last twelve months and, apart from special appearances, has made it clear that they're moving on and leaving the people from the past behind. Jim Ross is the past, for better or worse, and WWE's not looking back.

·
Registered
246 Posts
J.R is wwe they should have him back nobody they have now makes any match really feel important like jr did everyone

1 - 20 of 23 Posts