Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
570 Posts
I agree he was one of the better assets WWE have/had, but I can't see him winning the big one again.

· The Irish Rapist
3,517 Posts
No! I'd like to see him winning the WWE championship or the WHC and have a decent reign, but he's already over 40 who knows what age will he be when he returns (again).

Plus he's always coming and going so I doubt that he will do more than help younger talents or a have a non title feud with someone like The Undertaker or Triple H.

· Registered
7,589 Posts
At this point in his career Chris Jericho doesn't need to be WWE/World champion and is much better served using his star power to work with younger wrestlers like Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes and Bryan Danielson but doesn't have to always lose as like we saw with Stone Cold Steve Austin and Bret Hart years ago putting someone over can be done without losing. Whether Chris Jericho is a babyface or a heel doesn't really matter as he can always work big feuds with the likes of John Cena, The Undertaker, Triple H, Randy Orton and CM Punk as well outside of the title picture and those are the sort of feuds that will draw money.

· Banned
3,324 Posts
no at over 40 it's unlikely he will ever main event again. also not only because of his age but due to his commitments to his band and other stuff.

· Registered
346 Posts
He might get a run. He doesn't really care about having the belt but when he returns (which is almost certain) if the WWE is having a lean patch I can see him being in the Main Event picture again. Especially if Ziggler is champ at the time. Orton and Rey are 2 strikers, Henry is injured most of the time and the mid card is shallow. It's not unreasonable to see him having another run.

· Registered
7,857 Posts
I doubt it. At this point in his carer I think he knows hes not gonna be a guy they build around and his role will be to make the young guys look good and put them over. The only guy who really got a good run with either of the world belts past 40 was Taker in that 07 to 09 period.

· Registered
450 Posts
I would never say never because I didn't expect him to have the run back in 08 either. He may be a transitional champion at some point if they need him to be but I never expect him to be the long term guy.

· Registered
14 Posts
How long is he on this Fozzy tour for? Hopefully he is back for the Mania buildup!

· Legend
1,489 Posts
I agree he was one of the better assets WWE have/had, but I can't see him winning the big one again.
As long as he keeps coming and going he will never be champion again.

If he stays with WWE stops leaving I think he could be champion again

· Registered
1,464 Posts
To be honest, Jericho winning the world title THEN putting someone over is good for the company. Jericho gets a ton of props for coming back to put the new guys over, however it got to the point where going over Jericho didn't mean that much. Jericho winning a world title, then dropping it to Sheamus is better for Sheamus then just squashing Jericho with a random brouge kick as an example.

· Legend
1,489 Posts
To be honest, Jericho winning the world title THEN putting someone over is good for the company. Jericho gets a ton of props for coming back to put the new guys over, however it got to the point where going over Jericho didn't mean that much. Jericho winning a world title, then dropping it to Sheamus is better for Sheamus then just squashing Jericho with a random brouge kick as an example.
Agreed. He could win put someone over in a huge way. That could be great for business.

· Registered
359 Posts
There comes a time in a persons career when he doesnt need a title. Jericho is in that stage

· Legend
1,489 Posts
There comes a time in a persons career when he doesnt need a title. Jericho is in that stage
I agree he does not need it but if he gets it then putting someone over could really give them a huge boost

· Registered
294 Posts
Obviously not, considering he isn't in WWE anymore.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.