Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the question is right there folks. As for me, I wouldn't have a care in the world. I think they really blew it with Crimson, but ohwell.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
No. He isn't Joe or Goldberg. No one gives a shit about him and the only use his streak would have is getting someone far better over.

·
Premium Member
44,378 Posts
It'll give the guy that breaks it a pop or something, but nobody truly cares about Crimson or his streak, so it won't be a big deal.

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts
TNA might make it out to be a big deal, but it probably won't. I mean he's already lost plenty tag matches too which sort of detracts from it.

IMO he could do with losing it pretty soon so he can move beyond it.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
probably not. he definitely didnt deserve getting an undeafeated streak like joe or goldberg, but they cant just end it now out of no where.

id have his streak end in the bfg series finals at no surrender where storm beats him.

·
Registered
399 Posts
It depends how they do it . If they have him lose to a smaller guy then yes but if they have him lose to one of the high mid card guys then no

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
No. He isn't Joe or Goldberg. No one gives a shit about him and the only use his streak would have is getting someone far better over.
this. he sucks

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
His streak is so bad I actually think they'd do themselves more good by not acknowledging it when he finally fucking loses.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
The streak doesn't mean shit... knowing that TNA turned crimson heel, now he can use it to his advantage to get cheap heat.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
No. Not enough people care about Crimson to even warrant him having a "streak" if you could even call it that.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
His streak should be broken by a new guy.

LOL alex silva would be perfect for it (yes, I know you all think he sucks because he had a bad 3 minutes squash match with the worst worker in TNA)

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
TNA tried with the guy and I give them credit, however Crimson hasn't really connected with the crowds outside the Impact Zone. Sure he is undefeated but so is Ryback...and guess who people are talking about more. If Crimson has Ryback's intensity...well then we would be talking about something different. Also, no one in TNA is really protected so Crimson has gained no cred with anyone he has beaten...it won't be a big deal.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
RVDberg? my god that guy sucks.

I take garrett over him, at least bischoff entertains us by botching hugs and getting kicked in the face by styles.

·
"I wunna eat his children"
432 Posts
Naaaah. Don't really give a shit about Crimson, so yeah lol.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,306 Posts
1. He has lost numerous times in triple threats and tag team matches.

2. There is no streak counter. They don't have the number rising every week with house show tallies on. Goldberg's streak got over because it had a number attached to it. The number isn't a trivial part of a streak. It is the very streak itself.
Lets imagine they did a counter and Crimson was at 47 wins. Then you book...Who is 48? Can he reach the milestone of 50? 100? Will he challenge Goldberg?

3. He isn't a champion of any sort.
Several months ago was the PERFECT time for him to become the T.V. champion and defend the belt successfully every week on t.v.
You could have X amount of successful title defenses and Y amount of house show wins for a total of Y. Numbers numbers numbers. The number is the very streak itself.

So no, his streak means NOTHING. This streak angle was botched magnificently. Crimson could be one of the most over guys in the company as a fighting T.V. champ face. Now he is a heel nothing.

WWE should take note as well. They have numerous meaningless streaks, Brodus Clay being the foremost example.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
The last real streak pro wrestling made was samoa joe run in 05/06.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
TNA tried with the guy and I give them credit, however Crimson hasn't really connected with the crowds outside the Impact Zone. Sure he is undefeated but so is Ryback...and guess who people are talking about more
Neither one, because both are mediocre and midcard fodder at best.

If TNA was smart, they would end Crimson's undefeated streak on Thursday's show just to show you that "anything can happen when TNA is live."

1 - 20 of 57 Posts