Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Custom User Title
6,321 Posts
I've been listening to him for years and I've never known him to report on something that's just hearsay. Now I didn't personally check his or uncle Dave's sources but I trust Jason. The guy has blood cancer and no time for bullshit. He also couldn't care any less about being the first to break a story. Again, this isn't me betting my life that he's right, but he isn't the type to gossip just for the sake of have something to say
And its also worth noting that the guy reports on rumors he has heard. He isn't a credible source of information. I mean for gods sake, he's also covered "stories" from people like Brad Shepard, Bill Bhatti, and other less reputable outlets.

Sorry, but I'm going to take the word of Io herself over Dave (where he 100% got this story from), who has been fed bad info regarding NXT for awhile now.

Dave has been trying to spin a narrative that Io is unhappy, because STARDOM really wants her back (and he's trying to drive people to demand she goes back there), and he wants sources in Japan in order to drive up revenue for his services. Except his sources are Sonny and Rossy, both of whom have been caught in some fairly major lies recently. The Kagetsu and Hazuki situation is a good example. He claims both of them were forced out of the locker room and into retirement. Only Hazuki was. Kagetsu was always planning on retiring, and even addressed Dave's report on her personal blog, calling it bullshit.

Dave's connections to modern joshi or their lives is pretty poor at best.

Io has made it pretty clear she's not unhappy right now, contrary to what Dave says, or Solomonster says, who just took the story from Dave. He's no better than Wrestletalk, Whatculture, or Cultaholic in that regard.

·
Registered
22,663 Posts
She could have easily have been the one to beat Shayna for the title. In fact I argued after Takeover Toronto that she should have been the one to beat Shayna. But then Rhea came in and disrupted everything and became the clear next title holder.

And while I did not care for Shayna's title reign being as long as it was, Rhea now has multiple women to work with from Dakota, Bianca, and Io. And I believe they will build Io for the biggest match, maybe even on Mania weekend. And I think she will be the one to ultimately beat Rhea.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,802 Posts
Yes of course, with the move to live TV and the fact that HHH wants to keep his stars down there longer he's held off on putting the title on Io. It'll happen this year though.

·
Custom User Title
6,321 Posts
It's possible, but Dakota at the moment seems like the one to beat Ripley.
Doubt Dakota is going to be the one to beat Ripley. Dakota is almost heatless, and her feud with Tegan has almost zero audience investment.

Io is probably the most over or second most over woman on NXT right now, depending on if Rhea can salvage herself because she is killing off her own hype right now.

·
Custom User Title
6,321 Posts
I doubt they're only going to give Rhea a 4 month reign as champ considering how heavily they've been pushing her.
She's already dying with the audience. NXT needs to be more reactionary in general. Rhea's promos are god awful, and she's going to get outshone hard in the ring by other women. Not to mention if Dave is correct with ratings breakdowns, then Rhea is ratings poison. Almost all of her segments have lost a chunk of the viewerbase. Way more than any other woman on the NXT roster.

Also the average reign for most babyface champs these days is 80-120 days. So four months sounds about right.

Also hi machoman.

·
The EST of NXT
28,438 Posts
Don't think they are building up Bianca for a title win. Mentioned it before, but it feels like Dakota is going to win the battle royal next week and face Rhea at Portland. Maybe Io will get the shot during Mania weekend. Maybe it will be Bianca winning next week to get the title shot at Portland.

But I do think Bianca is getting called up soon, as she's pretty much peaked in NXT. She's not super over right now with audiences, especially compared to Io (they completely destroyed Bianca's momentum). It feels like they are intentionally spinning this entire thing off into a feud where Io comes out on top, and Bianca heads up to RAW or Smackdown. Plus if you want to look at actual challengers for Rhea, then Bianca is going to be a filler challenger at best. She's already lost to Rhea twice, even if both times weren't necessarily clean.

Solomonster used Dave's story as a source. The only people you should listen to regarding scoops in NXT are Casey from Squared Circle Sirens, and Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful. And neither of them have heard anything about Io being unhappy.
So it's happening in reverse: Bianca is getting the first title shot and Io is probably Rhea's Wrestlemania opponent. What remains true to this day is Bianca is the second strongest booked woman in NXT. Io is third until she beats Bianca in a feud.

·
Custom User Title
6,321 Posts
Eh, still disagree. They likely just wanted a filler challenger for Portland, hence Bianca getting a win in a battle royal. Io has yet to be pinned or submitted since turning heel. While Bianca has been beaten clean numerous times, and lost several feuds. Against Shayna, Mia, and Rhea. And she's about to lose to Rhea again.

Bianca is likely going to fall back down the card after Portland, and either put over Io, or she'll just get passed over and Io will win the title from Rhea, cementing her as the strongest "heel" in the division.

·
I swear to god I had something for this...
3,709 Posts
And its also worth noting that the guy reports on rumors he has heard. He isn't a credible source of information. I mean for gods sake, he's also covered "stories" from people like Brad Shepard, Bill Bhatti, and other less reputable outlets.

Sorry, but I'm going to take the word of Io herself over Dave (where he 100% got this story from), who has been fed bad info regarding NXT for awhile now.

Dave has been trying to spin a narrative that Io is unhappy, because STARDOM really wants her back (and he's trying to drive people to demand she goes back there), and he wants sources in Japan in order to drive up revenue for his services. Except his sources are Sonny and Rossy, both of whom have been caught in some fairly major lies recently. The Kagetsu and Hazuki situation is a good example. He claims both of them were forced out of the locker room and into retirement. Only Hazuki was. Kagetsu was always planning on retiring, and even addressed Dave's report on her personal blog, calling it bullshit.

Dave's connections to modern joshi or their lives is pretty poor at best.

Io has made it pretty clear she's not unhappy right now, contrary to what Dave says, or Solomonster says, who just took the story from Dave. He's no better than Wrestletalk, Whatculture, or Cultaholic in that regard.

What? WhatCulture is very respectable. They made a whole video using me as a source.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts