Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been thinking about this possible situation and I can see it happening, Dolph could claim that without him Big E would still be on NXT not the IC champion, Dolph isn't working as a face anymore, he's like The Miz just going around in circles fighting the same people week after week, yes he get decent pops every week but I think a feud with Big E would be exciting with Dolph working as the heel to get the upper hand in matches

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I wish Ziggler was in the WHC picture where he belongs but regardless I can see this happening and I would like if it does. An actual storyline for the IC would be great, plus they could put on a solid match

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I doubt it. Ziggler isn't really a failed face like a lot of other guys are. He's still getting a decent face reaction, though inconsistent.

Big E's first non-Axel opponent would likely be The Miz if anyone.

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
Ziggler stays face, he's without any obvious program. Turn heel, he's jobbing to Big E.

Ehhh... I think Big E out locker room politic'ed Ziggler by buddying up to John Cena, while Ziggler was trashing Cena in interviews. I don't know how Ziggler recovers anytime soon and it doesn't seem like anyone in power feels need to give Ziggler better booking. I could see Ziggler at best getting a Kickoff Match for WM30 or being left off the card completely if they really want to continue the punishment.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
It seems strange that at this point, an IC Title feud would be a welcome push for Ziggler considering he was World Champion right after Wrestlemania. He just got the rug completely swept out from under him. I'm not sure that a heel turn is the way to go here as he still gets pretty good face reactions, and if it did happen he would only be jobbing to Langston for a couple of PPVs before probably being in an even worse position than he is now.

The way I see it is, they aren't completely burying the guy. He got a win on RAW against Sandow (who was a MITB holder a few months ago), and he got a tag win on Smackdown so it's not terrible for him. I think they'll get round to pushing him again, it might just take a little bit of time. I would love for him to have a good Wrestlemania match though, it seems criminal that one of the best in ring workers in the company hasn't had a good singles Wrestlemania match. A bit of a waste too.

·
Follow The Buzzards
2,975 Posts
I think a 3rd participant should be involved thus keeping Ziggler face. I don't see why everyone has to be a heel, Yes I know WWE books underwhelming faces but Ziggler hasn't been bad just his continued punishment is keeping him from having any big storyline. The Miz has just turned Heel so there is no point in turning Dolph who has yet to properly shine in this role if WWE stop holding him back.

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
I will be disappointing if Ziggler goes heel, because in my opinion he could be a successful face and hes not exactly a bad one at the moment compared to The Miz. Ziggler was on fire in the double-turn, but WWE screwed it up for him and that was not Zigglers fault when he entered the program with Big E.

Just push Ziggler again as a face and he will do well. Do not want to see him turn heel and job every week.

·
wrap
9,027 Posts
I fucking hope not. Ziggler should remain a face, and be reinserted into the WHC scene. I am almost positive that if he were to have a Miz-type random heel turn right now, he would get no heat. He's fine as he is, he just needs to be elevated to the upper midcard.

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
Ziggler stays face, he's without any obvious program. Turn heel, he's jobbing to Big E.

Ehhh... I think Big E out locker room politic'ed Ziggler by buddying up to John Cena, while Ziggler was trashing Cena in interviews. I don't know how Ziggler recovers anytime soon and it doesn't seem like anyone in power feels need to give Ziggler better booking. I could see Ziggler at best getting a Kickoff Match for WM30 or being left off the card completely if they really want to continue the punishment.
:|

I'm pretty sure it was because Ziggler was saying 'maybe John Cena shouldn't be the face of the company...".

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Dolph Ziggler turning Heel would be one of the worst decisions in wrestling right now. The Miz turned Heel quickly cause he inserted himself as a contender for one of the worst Faces in the wrestling industry. Ziggler has a decent connection with the audience he just suffering from bad booking. Just have Ziggler take on Big E for the title as both babyfaces, simple.

Besides Ziggler going back Heel only will make him a even BIGGER jobber than he is now.

·
Banned
8,180 Posts
Hopefully not. Ziggler/Langston wasn't interesting the first time around. Overall, I'm tired of seeing Dolph. I'm tired of seeing a lot of the same guys who were in the WHC for most of this year.

Put Ziggler in a tag team like they did with Swagger.

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,044 Posts
I hope not, not because it wouldn't be entertaining, but I don't want Ziggler turning again so soon, I really think he could be a phenomenal fan favourite if they gave him anything at all to work on (what's he had to work with since the Del Rio feud?).

·
Registered
607 Posts

Jesus Christ, I hope not, its a long time since he's said what he said. He's the one of the only midcarders without a program (except maybe Kofi) to get decent to great reactions at times. I hope it turns around in the next few months, but I see him jobbing to Big E. as well. WWE knows he's a good worker, they won't let that go entirely to waste.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts