Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Worship My Excrement
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not trying to encourage it but just curious as to what she has been up to recently. Has she done anything wrestling business related or shown any interest in returning?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I'm not trying to encourage it but just curious as to what she has been up to recently. Has she done anything wrestling business related or shown any interest in returning?
When Anthem bought Impact, she maintained 5% of the company, and was placed on one of their advisory groups. I don't know if that has changed over the past few years, but it wouldn't surprise me if she still has a minority share in that company. WWE brought her in for a documentary, but other than that I think she is doing stuff behind the scenes for other companies. If she still has a small portion of that company then she technically never left, just minimized.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
There was a window of opportunity where she could have been an entertaining antagonist for Vince on TV, but that seems to have gone now.

The real question is did Dutch Mantel really walk in on Packman Jones being double teamed by Dixie and Karen Jarrett ? 😮

Reactions: jpickens

·
Registered
Worship My Excrement
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She's moved on to greener pastures...

Wow! Literally, huh? Well, I'd let Dixie take a long drag off my joint. That sly, predatory, "Let's have just one glass of wine" Cougar has got some experience siphoning energy from the talent.

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
I very much doubt it. She's still rich enough that she doesn't need to contribute with podcasts, signings etc and doesn't need the hassle such a demanding industry brings.

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Dixie Carter ruined Impact Wrestling.
Interestingly, on Eric Bischoff's podcast last week they were talking about the time Bruce Pritchard had to take time off following his heart attack and he stepped up on a temporary basis with creative. He said he did so because he didn't trust any of the higher management to make any correct decisions but he made the point of saying that doesn't include Dixie Carter. He essentially associates the terrible decision making in that period down to the people Dixie surrounded herself with as opposed to Dixie herself.

She's clearly at fault for a lot but maybe not everything.

Whilst

·
Premium Member
44,739 Posts
Dixie was in over her head. She did the best she could, but she was an easy target for manipulation and online criticism.

I actually saw her at the Nashville airport last year. I didn't approach her because she was with her family and I didn't want to bug her (in addition to dealing with my own flight being cancelled and getting that addressed) but it was definitely her.

·
Registered
Worship My Excrement
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dixie Carter was spotted at AAA Triplemania.

Between matches, AAA officials presented Latin Lover with an achievement award; he even kissed the mat upon stepping foot in the ring.

In the middle of Latin Lover's speech, Jeff Jarrett's music hit. Him, Karen Jarrett & Rey Escorpion interrupted, taking AAA's ring announcer with them as hostage/promo translator. Jarrett got into Marisela Pena's face at ringside and trash-talked fans. In the ring, he had the announcer translate for him. He bragged about his career accomplishments and shoved his WWE Hall of Fame ring in Latin Lover's face. Karen Jarrett said Latin Lover was "just like all these people" in attendance. Jarrett then called him a "dirty, filthy, greasy Mexican." Latin Lover finally went after Double J, but Rey Escorpion took him out.

The opening chords of AC/DC's "Back in Black" then blared over the PA: Vampiro appeared at the entrance, ready to make the save. They cued his theme music up properly this time around. The crowd went apeshit. Vampiro jumped into the ring and cleaned house. He took someone out with his signature spinning roundhouse kick. Latin Lover caught Dixie Carter and planted a smooch on her, the classic "sexual assault revenge" spot. The crowd sounded like they loved that. Vampiro looks to have lost a good amount of weight. He looks healthy. He and Latin Lover posed in the ring together after the scuffle. The two then posed at ringside with president Marisela Pena.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Considering nothing happened after her appearance at ROH last August, i doubt it.
Given that she's 57 and runs Panda Biotech, i don't think she spends even much thinking about actually returning full time to wrestling. I know i wouldn't in her position.

The real question is did Dutch Mantel really walk in on Packman Jones being double teamed by Dixie and Karen Jarrett ? 😮
I though the two just gave him a lap dance and licked his nipples in front of half of the TNA staff - at least that's the way Randy Ricci (Production Manager of TNA back then) told it.

Given all the rumors and stories, i wouldn't be surprised though if more happened. Cornette more than just implied that something went down between her and Nash and as Booker T. stated: "She was living out her milf dream"

·
Registered
Worship My Excrement
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Considering nothing happened after her appearance at ROH last August, i doubt it.
Given that she's 57 and runs Panda Biotech, i don't think she spends even much thinking about actually returning full time to wrestling. I know i wouldn't in her position.
She doesn't get passed around the break room at Panda Biotech like she got tossed around the locker room at TNA.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts