Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· SGT. AT ARMS
26,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think Del Rio will win the WHC at Wrestlemania? or do you think they will just have him put up a good fight against Edge but in the end have him lose? I really hope he wins it I'm sick of seeing Edge with the title, and Del Rio would look great with the title. I want him to win but I got a bad feeling that they will go the Triple H Sheamus route and make it like Del Rio came close but just isn't ready for the big time yet.

· Registered
819 Posts
I would love to see Christian added into the match and win the gold, but realistically and unfortunately I think Del Rio will win the match and get his Wrestlemania moment.

· Registered
709 Posts
last Royal Rumble winner who won was Undertaker in 2007 so it seems most likely the winner will win this year otherwise their dumb statistic thing they do every year for the rumble wont sound very good if the winners always loses.

· The Winds of Change
5,604 Posts
He definitely will win at Wrestlemania. His character would take a huge blow if he didn't win. WWE would be stupid to waist the Rumble win and all the TV time he has gotten...all to just have him lose. WWE is commiting to Del Rio as their hispanic star for the future.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
The ending of last night's Smackdown in Arco Arena displayed why he has to go over. The crowds are into him more than ever before, he's truly on the, ahem, edge of becoming one of their major players. To blow it all by having him lose at Wrestlemania would be a mistake of practically monumental proportions.

I think he will win. And if WWE's smart he should hold the championship to Summerslam. People are into his character more thoroughly than before, his every action is drawing great heat now. They just have to follow through.

· Registered
5,733 Posts
Was hoping this was asking he would be a triple crown winner. He's already fightign Kofi and has a tag partner in CLay.

· Registered
865 Posts
I think he will lose.

I'm not going by the whole "WWE wants a new hispanic star" theory and the with all this build it would be silly to have him lose theory either.

I think he'll lose just because the he keeps saying he'll win, he said it was his destiny to win the rumble, he did, he said it was his destiny to beat Kofi, he did. Now he says its his destiny to become WHC at WM, I think he'll be stopped this time, they can only keep this whole it's my destiny line going for so long

· Registered
534 Posts
I think he will lose.

I'm not going by the whole "WWE wants a new hispanic star" theory and the with all this build it would be silly to have him lose theory either.

I think he'll lose just because the he keeps saying he'll win, he said it was his destiny to win the rumble, he did, he said it was his destiny to beat Kofi, he did. Now he says its his destiny to become WHC at WM, I think he'll be stopped this time, they can only keep this whole it's my destiny line going for so long
He is saying that because in reality he knows he will win it. Nearly every superstar I can think of (Kurt Angle, etc) That has proclaimed with certainty they will win has done so. You can look it up.

And fact of the matter is, at the end he can say "i told you so" thus logically adding even more heat to a character whose very gimmick is already to be better than you. (luxury cars, rich heritage, etc)

He is going to win the title the same way Eddie Guerrero did. Coincidence?

· Registered
93 Posts
I think he will lose.

And one needs to look no farther than JBL's reign to see how long something like that can go on for.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.