Wrestling Forum banner

Will Cole/Swagger last post-Mania?

715 Views 8 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Iceman.
I know we've had many complaining about Swagger's mic skills, so could this be a solution to his problems? I think Cole is just golden on the mic, and they seem to have Swagger as a silent, monster type character (he looks massive standing next to Cole!) and could they focus on Swagger's excellent wrestling ability with the voice of Cole as his manager to get him over? Personally think it could be worth a try if they don't go for Cole as Raw GM, Swagger has a lot of ability and Cole has shown he is great at gaining heat on the mic.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· #OVER
20,482 Posts
Swagger got over on his own whilst he was World Champion and he was still getting unbelievable amounts of heat months after he lost the belt. He doesn't need Cole, he just needs a decent push, not a half-arsed one.

That's not to say Cole wouldn't be a great manager, because he would. Just put him with someone that needs him.

· Banned
2,231 Posts
Cole as Swaggers manager would be epic because it'd build up as a new pg version of "paul heyman and brock lesnar" :) (just kiddin)

· Banned
406 Posts
As Swaggers biggest fan on this fourm i'll tell you what i think.

It would be great if Cole sticks to how he is now. I dont want him to go back to the way he was before he sucked this heel Cole is great.

Swagger needs to take anything he can get right now and i do think this will help him get back on track. Id rather see him in this match, than in a mitb he'll lose. You can bet your bottom dollar he'll get more tv time leading up to wrestlemania so excited about this.

No matter what happens in this match/fued i doubt Michael cole would stop accouncing to be a manager '' his the voice of the wwe'' he can put swagger over in other ways i just want swagger to win a few matches at this point, and ill be even happier if he use's the gutrench powerbomb to win haven't seen that in ages

· Registered
865 Posts
I hope they stick them together and have Cole hype Swagger on commentary, it was kinda funny(in a good, not silly, way) when he kept screaming tap out JTG if u know wats good for you.

Swagger isn't doing so well, but this pairing could do wonders for him if they stick together. Cole is arguably the second most over heel around (no one tops Vicki), if anything can bring Swagger back it's Cole. Besides he had pretty much a squash match against JTG, if the two stay together I can see them continuing to do this sorta stuff and let's face it if anyone has the size and ability to be booked as a dominant heel it's Swagger, and I miss having a powerful heel around that was any good at what he did. I can see them making a really awesome pair.

It would be hilarious to see an animated Cole around a silent statuesque Swagger. It is nice that someone finally acknowledged that Swagger is a former champion. No one in WWE has mentioned this since he lost the title.

· Banned
10,561 Posts

· Registered
4,651 Posts
Swagger got over on his own whilst he was World Champion and he was still getting unbelievable amounts of heat months after he lost the belt. He doesn't need Cole, he just needs a decent push, not a half-arsed one.

That's not to say Cole wouldn't be a great manager, because he would. Just put him with someone that needs him.
Exactly this. Cole has transformed himself into a ridiculous heat magnet and really transcends the announce table at this point. If he's going to transition to a bigger role, he needs to be an on-air authority figure (like the Raw GM) or manage someone who can't talk/draw heat. Swagger doesn't need a manager, although the pairing is great building to the Wrestlemania match.

It's like Kaufman with the Colossus of Death.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.