Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CM Punk makes me watch WWE - and love it. And he is liked by nearly everybody. Do you think he is on the way to be one of the greatest of all time?

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Only time will tell. First and foremost he needs a BIG Mania moment. Punk vs Rock WM29, book it.

Reactions: the modern myth

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
No.

If you've already reached the top, like he has, and you aren't already close to being on those three superstar's level, it's not going to happen. That's the kind of impact you need to make. One that pretty much seems near impossible at this point. The current state of the industry simply wouldn't allow it.

·
Banned
61 Posts
is this a serious question? HELL NO! Punk will never be on the same league as Hogan, Rock or Austin. NEVER!

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
No. I like him, but he won't reach a high legendary status, but he will be remembered definately

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
No, but he will be remembered as something big because of his role in the WWE as of now:

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Cena obviously will but I'm not sure yet about Punk.

·
Registered
873 Posts
No, but it's not like that's going to happen without another boom period. Rock, Stone Cold, and Hogan got where they were by being big at the right time. That's ot to say they didn't deserve their success, but they came along, and blew up at just the right time.

CM Punk can do all the right things, have great matches, and draw in lots of fans, but simply because we're in a down period, he's never going to get the chance to explode the way those guys did.

·
Banned
390 Posts
No, but it's not like that's going to happen without another boom period. Rock, Stone Cold, and Hogan got where they were by being big at the right time. That's ot to say they didn't deserve their success, but they came along, and blew up at just the right time.

CM Punk can do all the right things, have great matches, and draw in lots of fans, but simply because we're in a down period, he's never going to get the chance to explode the way those guys did.
Thats where the problem lies really.

·
Premium Member
15,036 Posts
Honestly, I don't see Punk or Daniel Bryan becoming bigger stars than Cena, who has to be the number 4 biggest WWE star of all time.

This thread is a prime example of indy marks who think a former ROH World Champion will become a WWE legend. Not taking away anything from Punk but I just don't see him becoming that big of a star. And I see Daniel Bryan as more of a Bob Backlund, he's just there, good wrestler but not top star material.

1 - 20 of 183 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.