Wrestling Forum banner

Will CM Punk be the most over guy on the roster if he returned?

• Yes

Votes: 32 45.1%
  • No

Votes: 39 54.9%
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Vaporizing the Opposition
1,075 Posts
Why ask a question that isn't going to happen? He already said he would NEVER come back.

Reactions: NastyYaffa

·
Banned
10,735 Posts
Maybe for a week or two as far as crowd reactions go, hard to say long term. Punk's best chance to be the top guy in the company was 2011 and WWE dropped the ball creatively with him, as well as burying him in crap feuds with Triple H and Kevin Nash.

Thing about Punk though, is that even in 2011 he never got over to the level Bryan did last year.

Nobody has in the past decade, including Cena. The fact that WWE has tried to fight that rather than just go with the flow is the single most confusing thing in wrestling right now.

·
Likes wrestling....
10,842 Posts
He would get an initial monster reception, till a month or so in when the newness of his return wears off ,and the WWE booking shoves him in an irrelevant storyline.

·
tombstone blues
14,292 Posts
yeah, until the first time he cuts a promo and people get to hear the sound of him smelling his own farts on live TV again

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, until the first time he cuts a promo and people get to hear the sound of him smelling his own farts on live TV again
it's fine to be cocky, when you are in fact the best in the world. Only Kurt Angle and HBK can arguably say they are better in the ring. And CM Punk blows both of them away on promos.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
Punk never said he would never be back, he said never say never but he does not plan to go back.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
it's fine to be cocky, when you are in fact the best in the world. Only Kurt Angle and HBK can arguably say they are better in the ring. And CM Punk blows both of them away on promos.
I want whatever you are smoking.
Bryan, bret, hbk, angle, mr perfect, and about 50 other guys are better in the ring.
And angle shits on punk on the mic, along with plenty of other guys.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Unlike most people in wrestling, Punk actually has integrity and isn't full of shit.
Integrity? He lied/exaggerated with the whole Ryback hurting him , Ryback said it himself in an interview others backstage know that wasn't the case, he exaggerated with the whole being "fired on his wedding day", there were a bunch of other talent that were released on the same day. He made the doctor look like a joke yet he chose to compete and tough it out when he didn't have to.

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I want whatever you are smoking.
Bryan, bret, hbk, angle, mr perfect, and about 50 other guys are better in the ring.
And angle shits on punk on the mic, along with plenty of other guys.
I'll admit that Bret, HBk, and Angle can hold their own against Punk and accept that they may be better. But BRYAN?! I'm just gonna hold off on responding to that, I'm tired of telling everyone that Bryan just isn't that good. He's good, but he ain't nowhere close to the top.

·
Feed Your Head
415 Posts
I'd rather see him come back as a tweener. This would allow everyone to hate him equally. As to whether he comes back, never say never. Money talks, especially in the WWE.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Hell he isn't even in WWE anymore and he's still the most over guy. Whether the haters want to admit it or not Punk was the best thing in WWE and the void he has left is still very very noticeable.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
I'll admit that Bret, HBk, and Angle can hold their own against Punk and accept that they may be better. But BRYAN?! I'm just gonna hold off on responding to that, I'm tired of telling everyone that Bryan just isn't that good. He's good, but he ain't nowhere close to the top.
Bryan pwi best technical wrestler in the world 8 times.
Punk best in the world *on wwe after stealing bryans gimmick from roh

1 - 20 of 60 Posts