Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2010, Jericho and Edge said that they should lose to the Nexus to establish them. Cena, of course, had other ideas. The rest is history.

Cena has said that looking back, Edge and Jericho were right and that he should have lost to the Nexus and put them over.

Now, Cena has the opportunity to make things right. Will he do the right thing and establish AJ and the Club as big time players in the WWE, or will he bury another 3 potential top stars?

·
Banned
10,724 Posts
We all know the answer to this. NO Cena well not do the right thing. He well bury them.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
It's doubtful considering that him and AJ are close to the same age. This is a battle of TNA vs WWE of two top guys whose careers are starting to wind down. This isn't three new guys that will be around for the next decade. Vince will use this as a chance to show us that WWE is and always has been superior.

Will still be loads better than the Reigns burial.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
It's doubtful considering that him and AJ are close to the same age. This is a battle of TNA vs WWE of two top guys whose careers are starting to wind down. This isn't three new guys that will be around for the next decade. Vince will use this as a chance to show us that WWE is and always has been superior.

Will still be loads better than the Reigns burial.
This feud has HHH vs Sting written all over it. The only small asterisk is whether they'll use the Club to bring Balor up or not; if they will go with that route, I can't see them burying the Club this soon, so maybe they'll go for the 50/50 booking and have Cena win at SS after losing at MITB.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,398 Posts
None of these guys are future stars though, AJ has a few years left in him, wouldn't be surprising if he retired long before JC. Gallows will never be anything and Andersons ceiling is midcard at best. If you got some young guys with potential in there then there'd be an argument there. As it stands this is just a dream match/feud. I'm sure Cena will lose one of the 3 matches, unlike with Reigns theres no Title on the line here. No issues if he wins the war, doesn't really make sense to have the top TNA guy come in and beat your number 1 guy.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
This feud has HHH vs Sting written all over it. The only small asterisk is whatever they'll use the Club to bring Balor up or not; if they will go with that route, I can't see them burying the Club this soon, so maybe they'll go for the 50/50 booking and have Cena win at SS after losing at MITB.
Exactly. I also think that they will go 50/50 with Cena getting the win at the bigger PPV. I'm not sure the AJ win will be without the help of the Club, though. This is why I said it will be better than the Reigns fued, but ultimately WWE will be made to look superior. AJ at least has a chance to come out of this one not looking like a clown.

·
#WWELogic
3,845 Posts
None of these guys are future stars though, AJ has a few years left in him, wouldn't be surprising if he retired long before JC. Gallows will never be anything and Andersons ceiling is midcard at best. If you got some young guys with potential in there then there'd be an argument there. As it stands this is just a dream match/feud. I'm sure Cena will lose one of the 3 matches, unlike with Reigns theres no Title on the line here. No issues if he wins the war, doesn't really make sense to have the top TNA guy come in and beat your number 1 guy.
Current WWE is the reverse of 90's WCW, back then they brought in guys and had them beat there number 1 guys all the time, from Hogan defeating Flair, Nash/Hall over the Road Warriors/Harlem Heat, the nWo over the 4 Horsemen ect.

Modern day WWE who bring in the likes of a Sting, Styles, Owens ect only to have them put over there stars aka HHH, Lames & Cena ect. #HistoryRepeats

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
its not a like for like situation comparing AJ & pals to the nexus. Nexus should have gone over. major fuck up. I believe that's why the shield were pushed to the moon.

but no, cena will do whats best for cena.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
AJ will win at MITB/wherever their first match is, then go on to lose at the next 2/3 PPVs in typical Cena-booking fashion, following in the footsteps of people like Owens, Rusev and Wyatt.

·
The Blue Meanie
15,838 Posts
John Cena should put over a rising talent but AJ Styles doesn't even fit that criteria. He's the same age as Cena and is already established. I do expect Styles to win a few matches before Cena wins their feud.

·
The Last Dragon
14,488 Posts
What mistakes? I was sure that new talent are being elevated just by being in the ring with Cena!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts