Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing how he will probably take the WHC title from Del Rio at Hell in a Cell and the fact that he's only 36 and still very popular I think he has a good chance of doing so. Do you think he will and do you think he should?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Yes, he will. They want him to be the undisputed best kayfabe wrestler ever.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I hope not. Nobody should beat Ric Flair's rrecord

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Regardless of what anyone says, he is gonna do that. If he wins at HIAC, he'll only be 2 reigns away from being tied with Flair for # of title reigns. He's still got quite a few years to go so obviously, he'll regain the title a few more times and possibly go as far as 20.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Let's hope, because there's far better talents who deserve it more than flair. Including Cena.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Considering he is still the biggest full time draw in the industry and only 36 years old thus meaning probably another five years at the very top I'd imagine the answer would be yes. If memory serves me right he's on 13 title wins with one between now and WrestleMania 30 ending almost being a certainty giving him 14 soon and whether people like it or not NO ONE elevates the title more than John Cena does when he's in possession of it.

There's still big WrestleMania title matches that have never been done like Cena/Punk and Cena/Orton which are the biggest full time feuds in wrestling today not too mention Cena/Undertaker also a HUGE possibility and Cena/Lesnar as well. All these feuds mean John Cena being WWE/World champion a few times yet and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see John Cena as a 20 time champion nor be surprised to see Randy Orton also break Ric Flair's record seeing as he is a 10 time champion himself.

·
Aggressively White
6,279 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Orton broke it as well, nothing to say HHH won't give himself a few more reigns.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Not in my eyes IDC What the stats say and not really as whc and the WWE 2 different titles But regardless I dont care flair is the Man and always will be .

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Yes, WWE is pushing him as the best ever. Though no matter how many title wins they give him he will never be as good as Flair. Or ever come close.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,843 Posts
He will. With the amount of title changes these day I equate it to someone in modern day baseball breaking an old-timers record. There are so many extra round that you get a chance to hit a homerun or throw a strikeout that there shouldn't even be comparisons.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Doesn't matter if he does. It does not change Flair's history that he still had the longest reign of the number of WWE championships he captured.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Probably not, you have to take into consideration that WWE doesn't credit Ric Flair for all of his world title victories. Ric Flair is more like a 20 time world champion if you combine all of his NWA/WCW/WWE titles, only WWE doesn't recognize some of his championships for dumb reasons.

Also I think Cena is going to start slowing down and make room for the newer guys. I don't think him not holding any world titles for over a year was by chance of circumstances, he's above the world title picture, he doesn't need it anymore.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Probably not, you have to take into consideration that WWE doesn't credit Ric Flair for all of his world title victories. Ric Flair is more like a 20 time world champion if you combine all of his NWA/WCW/WWE titles, only WWE doesn't recognize some of his championships for dumb reasons.
We're talking only about the WWE championship particularly, not his other records.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
One of the biggest draws of all time.

Title changes happen a lot nowadays.

Cena's been the top for a long time.

So it's perfectly fair for Cena to break Flair's recognised 16 title reigns

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Probably.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts