Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Only if he can get all the Knockouts for a night.

In all seriousness, it can happen but he's concentrating on MMA. Bobby Lashley tried to do the same thing and ended up leaving TNA. Since he hates WWE for its PG style, I doubt he'd like TNA with Hogan, Bischoff and Russo fucking up shit.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
I could see Batista in TNA one day, but don't get your hopes up for him to debut anytime soon. I could see one of two things happening where Batista ends up in TNA:

1. He fights in Strikeforce and loses his first match, his career in MMA is done and TNA would have a chance to snag him.

2. He uses Strikeforce for leverage to get more money from TNA, and signs before BFG.

#2 is unlikely, and I think an MMA debut for Dave Batista is imminent, and video has surfaced of him training for his first fight.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Batista absolutely hates TNA. He pissed off AJ Styles and called TNA a car wreck.
That was over 5 years ago when he said that. What he said about AJ was that his matches were car wrecks, and lacked storytelling. He was telling the truth, AJ has improved a lot as a worker. But as for Batista to TNA, who knows who would of said a year ago that Hogan, Bischoff, Flair, Jeff, RVD would all be in TNA. He could possibly go to TNA, but if he is serious about MMA he'll do that. He could even do both, or he will end up going back to WWE sometime down the line.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
That was over 5 years ago when he said that. What he said about AJ was that his matches were car wrecks, and lacked storytelling. He was telling the truth, AJ has improved a lot as a worker. But as for Batista to TNA, who knows who would of said a year ago that Hogan, Bischoff, Flair, Jeff, RVD would all be in TNA. He could possibly go to TNA, but if he is serious about MMA he'll do that. He could even do both, or he will end up going back to WWE sometime down the line.
Agreed, personally I don't see him going to TNA in the near future, he'll more than likely do some MMA for a couple of years.

Never say never in the wrestling business.....Ric Flair in 05 or 06, "What is TNA?" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Agreed, personally I don't see him going to TNA in the near future, he'll more than likely do some MMA for a couple of years.

Never say never in the wrestling business.....Ric Flair in 05 or 06, "What is TNA?" :rolleyes:
He'll probably have some fights in Strikeforce then end up back in WWE. But he could easily end up in TNA.

·
Banned
1,210 Posts
This is the perfect time if he is going to sign; TNA is out of a main event and the ECW angle is the perfect window for Batista to enter through, but it would make more sense if the show was at Hammerstein; it would be the perfect formula for must see TV.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I hope not and I doubt he will. I don't see him being a major boon to TNA's popularity either.

The whole "Let's bring in another named WWE castoff" strategy to try and increase ratings has generally not panned out longterm.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
If Batista's gunna get back into wrestling, my guess would be he'd go to the WWE because that's who'll pay him best and he already knows the company well. At the moment though he's tryna get into acting and MMA so I can see him back in the WWE before long because he's gunna fail at both acting and MMA in my opinion.

·
Just Remember
1,092 Posts
I don't see Batista as just "another WWE castoff" and I don't know why people would have a problem with him taking the TNA World championship pretty quickly. The guy would be easily the biggest active name on the roster. Kurt's been out of the WWE too long, and for all his supporters, Jeff Hardy never quite cemented himself as a top name. Batista was one of the two biggest names of the last 5 years for the WWE. He's spent the majority of that time being the face of his own brand. You can't put a price on that kind of name value.

That said, if his MMA flops I don't think he will go to TNA. As someone else pointed out earlier, Dave seems to be the kinda guy to feel that being in anything less than the WWE main-event is no longer good enough for him.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
I hope not and I doubt he will. I don't see him being a major boon to TNA's popularity either.

The whole "Let's bring in another named WWE castoff" strategy to try and increase ratings has generally not panned out longterm.
Do you know what a castoff is? It's a REJECT. Batista just headlined Wrestle fucking Mania against Cena in a feud that was billed as the battle of the biggest 2 stars since the Attitude Era.

A castoff is all the guys that the TNA smarks want them to sign like Shelton and Danielson. Batista would be up there with Angle and Hardy as the biggest signings TNA has ever made.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts