Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the attitude era things just arent the same,wwe is in a slump and there have been great stars like batista,cena,edge,orton and now rhodes and ziggler are looking to hit the ME scene but no matter what happens people always complain that the attitude era was far better my question is what will top the attitude era or is it the best the wwe can do and can't top it!?

·
"This is real..."
1,202 Posts
Yes, it's called the Golden Era, something you've probably never seen any of.

·
Registered
546 Posts
no. Never. Professional wrestling's best are behind it. Just the nature of society today. Not enough competition, too many other forms of entertainment, information age spoils storylines, etc.

Not saying it will die, it just doesn't have room for growth. Vince seems to be happy playing it reasonably safe, keeping a stable fanbase and making predictable amounts of money. It was more enjoyable back before it became too big for it's own good basically.. back when everyone was smaller and struggling to survive, more cutthroat. Perhaps not better for the superstars but better for the viewers.

When one giant basically runs the show it doesn't provide the incentive needed for excitement and competition.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
no. Never. Professional wrestling's best are behind it. Just the nature of society today. Not enough competition, too many other forms of entertainment, information age spoils storylines, etc.

Not saying it will die, it just doesn't have room for growth. Vince seems to be happy playing it reasonably safe, keeping a stable fanbase and making predictable amounts of money. It was more enjoyable back before it became too big for it's own good basically.. back when everyone was smaller and struggling to survive, more cutthroat. Perhaps not better for the superstars but better for the viewers.
That's pretty much it. Pro wrestling thrives in secrecy and surprises. Take that away, you got very little left.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Not unless the WWE gets serious competition again so they actually have to put on a good show every week. Not unless society can stop being a bunch of pussywhipped, oversensitive, politically correct pricks who bitch and moan about every little thing that might hurt someone's feelings.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think a lot of the love for the attitude era is nostalgia, as a teenager during the attitude era I always longed for the days before it because that was what I remembered as a kid, even though it was pretty lame back then in hindsight.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
It's really up to the person watching on if something is better than the attitude era. Don't care what others say, if you watch today and think it's better than attitude era, then go ahead and think that. 99% of people will be making fun of someone who says that, but if that's how they feel, then let them think it.

I really think WWE in 2002-2004 was the best(had best combination of wrestling and storylines of all years in WWE history)

lol, OP, I never noticed this, but the rock is always on the left side of the big matchup faceoffs lol

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Golden era was the best. But i see what you're saying and its true. WWE just stopped trying after the Attitude Era. Although parts of Ruthless Aggression era was awesome it died early.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Will anything ever top The Attitude Era?

For some people no never

For some people its already been "topped", and

for some people they think its currently the best era ever, but it could be topped one day.

Just comes down to personal opinion of each individual and the factors you jusdge the eras on.

For me personally I would put it on the same level as the Golden Era (which gets undersold here bigtime IMO) will anything ever be "better" than those eras possibly who knows.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, it's called the Golden Era, something you've probably never seen any of.
Oh yeah in which hulk hogan had the title on him for years? that never topped the attitude era it was not that entertaining,it was only wwe went global and wrestling had a boom period otherwise in entertainment aspect it dosen't come close to the A.E

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.