Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this whole Punk vs SCSA match is a dream match and we cannot say for sure if its happening but the only reason I think of the possibility of it happening is because Austin has been gone for a while so the possibility of building the suspense of him returning will make for a bigger moment.

What I really do not want to happen is that Punk is being built up good as a face, and just to take that all away and turn him heel again would honestly piss me off just so he can face Stone Cold.

It's just a repeat of 2012, Punk was built up as the top babyface and then he was turned into a villain so he could go 1 - 1 with The Rock and still was cheered and then went on to face Undertaker.

Does anyone understand what I mean? it's frustrating to watch Punk switch alignment just so he can face a legend. I know the Punk as a heel promo's may be gold against Stone Cold, but I really do not want to see Punk heel because he has no place of being a heel anymore (yeah I said it) Punk should 'NOT' go heel!

Have Punk/Stone Cold rip each-others throat and let the crowd love it, there gonna cheer the fuck out of both of them. Why do I need to see a forced Punk have to rip on the crowd and then talk stupid 'heel' shit to Stone Cold? why cant we have Face Punk taking shots at a face Austin? Punk did the same in 2011 and 2012 as a babyface, and as a face now he is still cutting golden promos.

Punk does not need to be the villain in the story, a 'Straight-Edge vs Alcoholic' should not be the story in which the feud is built around, it should be built solemnly on the face that both of these guys have made an impact, and that Punk wants to show he has surpassed Austin and has been the hottest thing since Austin retired. Gold feud right there. Anyone with me on this?

I honestly do not know why Punk has to be a heel all the time, Punk is so much stronger as a face and it pisses me off to see him turned heel so it's easier for him to lose a match because he is the villain. A face Punk vs face Rock would have been much more unpredictable, because Punk when he was a face defended the title valiantly loads of times - and when he turned heel, bam! he was a coward and was easier to beat. I personally hate that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Punk should just be a heel all the time. So much more natural and still draws heat even though he gets cheered. Who cares if 25% of the crowd is going to cheer him.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
IF it happens, Austin will be face. It's the only way. Punk needs to be heelISH. punk plays a heel much better than a face and the storyline would work much better with a heel punk having animosity against Austin for whatever reasons, be it him leaving the company or alcohol etc. face/face feuds (like rock/cena) just don't feel big and important. It doesn't draw you in. Punk/Austin could be huge if done and written correctly.

·
Men with Ven
4,273 Posts
I honestly do not know why Punk has to be a heel all the time, Punk is so much stronger as a face
I disagree, Punk is an awesome heel, kayfabe doesn't really count for anything anymore, so good heel work gets him cheered, and WWE have to use him as a face.

He's so restricted as a face, all he does is play an underdog role and pander to the crowd, when he's a heel, he's free, he got cheered against the Rock and Undertaker because his heel work is so refreshing, way better than his boring face stuff.

EDIT - Don't think the match will happen anyway.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
No. That being said Punk should never be a face. He sucks at being a face. Punk is better at being a heel. He should always and forever be heel

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Why so he can have another losing streak. Being a heel nowadays is a crime you can never win clean. They will book you the worst way and make you look like a coward.

I would rather have Stone Cold represent Vince to fight against HHH.That sounds way more entertaining than Punk vs Austin.
This sounds uninteresting and dumb.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I thought Punk played a tweener much better than a face or a heel. His current work is starting to change my opinion on him being a face though.

Regarding the feud with Austin, Punk should not have to change. I think the crowd would be split no matter what so changing alignment wouldn't matter.

·
DIRK
10,344 Posts
No way Austin is booed for his first match in ten years, so Punk would need to be the heel at least for that match (if it were to happen). Could be like Hogan/HBK where he turns heel solely for that program.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
We've had Cena/Rock twice which was face/face, Takers matches against HBK and HHH were face/face, Cena/Bryan was face/face, why can't Austin/Punk be face/face? It's not as if Punk is a pandering, joke-telling, smiling, underdog babyface and wouldn't be able to have a confrontation against another face. Both guys are naturally confrontational, don't back down, get to the point, look out for themselves and have an anti-authority outlook--it's not completely crazy that these guys would want to fight each other face or not, it's just in their characters. Punks 2012-2013 heel run was absolutely atrocious and relied on nothing but cheap heat, god help us if we have to deal with that garbage for SCSA's long-awaited return (and probably final) program. Just let Punk continue to be the face who doesn't give a fuck, let Austin continue to be the face who doesn't give a fuck, the match will sell itself, you don't need force a Punk turn.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
We've had Cena/Rock twice which was face/face, Takers matches against HBK and HHH were face/face, Cena/Bryan was face/face, why can't Austin/Punk be face/face? .
Barring Shawn vs Taker at WM 26,everything else sucked as a feud in terms of segments/promos.The reason WM 26 had a great buildup was because Shawn came across desperate and acted like a heel on many occasions.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
If the match was to happen, Punk should be heel, not a coward heel, because that would ruin the match a little IMO, but he should be a mix of SES Punk and Punk vs Taker/Rock.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
Might as well be a heel. No one is booing Austin especially since he hasn't been on WWE TV in like 2 years. And, Punk is much better and entertaining as a heel anyways.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I don't know why Austin would return unless to face Cena. That's the biggest money match for him.
It's very subjective. Money is not everything and its not like the Punk/Austin will not make money. The quality will be better than Austin/Cena and that's a guarantee since Rock/Cena was bad.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts