Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike McGillicutty, Husky Harris, Mason Ryan, and David Otunga, they've been playing lackey role since their debut in the main brand as part of the Nexus, they barely get any focus at all (except maybe Ryan since he's kinda new, and Otunga, but he completely faded into background since Punk took the leader helmet), i'm afraid this will hurt them in the long term, they're just kind of there the whole time.

I think Mike McGillicutty and Husky Harris will definitely fade into obscurity once they break away from Nexus, particularly Mike, he's been completely irrelevant since the beginning, he's a quite talented in-ring worker but i don't think that will be enough to save him, he'll probably just end up on Superstars. Harris is different though, WWE just needs to give him an opportunity, he's a natural heel and can gain heat easily with his mic work, i like his dynamic relationship with Cody Rhodes during his NXT run, he's easily one of my favorite NXT 2 rookies at that time. I don't think WWE will have much faith in him though, he will probably be an afterthought once he goes solo. These two should form a tag team, i think they deserve better than becoming jobbers.

Mason Ryan is kinda new on the group, he's made a strong debut and will probably be the closest member to Punk and gets some focus along the way so i'm not really worried about how they will handle his character, what i'm really worried about his future as his single competitor, i've watched his FCW work and he's still green as grass, sometimes i can't believe WWE even let a guy this green make it to the main roster (at least Otunga has a famous wife as an excuse), there's no reason to call-up Mason to the main roster this soon, i think he should just become an enforcer for Punk for a long time until he improves heaps in the ring.

They will definitely push David Otunga hard at some point, he's included in their "11 Superstars To Watch in 2011" list. I actually like him, personally i think he's one of the best part of Barrett-CeNexus storyline, his dynamic relationship with Barrett and Cena was interesting and quite fun to follow. I'm not sure what they plan for Otunga once he breaks away from Nexus though, i don't think he's ready for a single push yet, he's still horrible in the ring and he isn't exactly strong on the mic either, but i really dig his 'A-List' gimmick though, he's got the ability to pull off that gimmick well, he's really good at playing a douche bag kind of character, he should use that gimmick again when he goes solo. At this point i'm kinda pessimistic he will make it big, but if he does, it will be a very, very long way to get there.

What do you think? Will these guys ever make it big or not?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
They will try and make Ryan huge

·
The Definition of Excellence
1,554 Posts
Mason Ryan is the only one I see 'em going anywhere with. And even then it's a 50/50 chance with him. The other 3 are doomed to nothing. Out of the old Nexus, the only one I saw going anywhere (other then Wade Barrett,) was Justin Gabriel.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Ryan has a shot of being a world champion because of his look, regardless of how lacking in ability he might be. No guarantees, but it's possible. I don't think Hennig jr will ever go anywhere, but if WWE gets desperate, it's possible they might try to push him just because he's Perfect's kid. Doubtful, very doubtful, but not out of the realm of possibility. Otunga and Fatass are 100% screwed.

·
Premium Member
16,993 Posts
They're obviously going want to have Mason Ryan go the Batista route and turn on Punk down the line and become a huge babyface.

Can't see Husky and McGillicutty ever making it to main event status. Although if they let Harris be a beast in the ring, he could be a solid mid-carder some point down the line.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Husky has potential if they push him right and possibly Mason Ryan but I need to see more of him. McGillicutty and Otunga will be jobbing house shows in a couple months time.

·
Registered
417 Posts
As part of Nexus no

McGuillicutty(hopefully without the rubbish name)-I can see being a champion (maybe not a world but a champion)
Harris- Maybe, but I dont see it
Mason Ryan- Is the next Batista, and will be big, but will need to do something huge a year or so, I.e Win the Rumble, win MITB like Batista did to establish himself away from any group he maybe part of.
Punk- I dont need to answer that.
Otunga- Once Nexus is done, I think Otunga will be as well.

The Corre
Barrett- Has a huge future ahead of him
Gabriel- Same as McGuillicutty will be around for a long time
Slater- Has potential to be around, but wont be big
Jackson- Not sure on Jackson tbh.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The group really seems like a stable of future lower midcarders. I'm sure they'll try pushes with a few of them, Ryan for sure and probably Otunga as well, but I just don't see anything happening.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The Corre has better future. The New Nexus is all about CM Punk.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Mason ryan will be pushed, unless batista comes back.
I think Joe Hennig has a bright future, he has the body that vince likes.
not sure about the others, but otunga will probably be kept around because he's married to hollywood.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Ryan will get pushed to the moon, if Otunga improves in the ring he could be a big deal, for McGuillicutty all you have to do is have him do a worked-shoot style promo saying he's sick of the embarrassment and change his name back to Joe Hennig and give him an old school wrestling type of gimmick, then he could work.

·
WEF's #1 Oz Mark
11,119 Posts
Ryan has a shot of being a world champion because of his look, regardless of how lacking in ability he might be. No guarantees, but it's possible. I don't think Hennig jr will ever go anywhere, but if WWE gets desperate, it's possible they might try to push him just because he's Perfect's kid. Doubtful, very doubtful, but not out of the realm of possibility. Otunga and Fatass are 100% screwed.
"Fatass" is the most talented out of these three.

Reactions: Madison Rayne

·
Registered
863 Posts
it all comes down to how they choose to end the group. Like with Evolution, they spent a lot of time focusing on HHH being the man, they gave the other's titles but HHH was the focus. Then one by one they turned on him or he turned on them I should say.

Personally, I don't think being a lackey now will affect them too greatly, so long as they build up Punk and have him feud with them as the stable disintegrates, at least one of them, whomever that is is gonna be set as well. It will probably Ryan. But I have a feeling that McGillicutty and Harris might win the tag titles (I'm hoping it's Gabriel and Slater instead) that might give them a chance to show some impressive stuff that could lead them to reasonable singles careers. We might have something that looks like a tag division again sometime this year, with the NXT guys going for the titles hopefully Bryan and Bateman (Just noticed they had the same initials). Otunga, I dunno, if he get's better he's probably a main eventer, if he doesn't he'll be future endeavoured

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think everyone is going to be real surprised at how big Otunga becomes. I think he will be a multitime World Champion.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
McGuillicutty- ever since nxt2 he botched his career, he was supposed to be babyface but a failed promo turned him heel, wrestling wise he made his share of mistakes, that hurt him a lot and will hurt more in the longterm

Harris- they seem to be teasing a face turn since he's so far the only one questioning punk out loud
Mason Ryan- he's gonna go big, saw his background, the guy can pull a match if you give him the chance
Punk- this guy has achieved enough already, he's obviously going for more
Otunga- no matter how much wwe tried to push him, people still not care about him, his wrestling skills are still burtal

The Corre
Barrett- i see a hall of famer in him
Gabriel- with other high flyers gone, he could pull the spot mysterio had as a top high flyer
Slater- the guy can wrestle, just change his gimmick... its nothing good when the "wendy" insult sticks to haunt you
Jackson- big zeke seems doomed to be lackey for the rest of his career (kendrick's manager, regal's henchmen, and now corre's muscle man)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts