Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,044 Posts
I really f*cking hope so, it would be a shame if it didn't happen. Match would steal the show. The match has been heavily rumored but no one knows for sure. They announced the tag title defense via video so there's hope they could do so with this match. It would be ridiculous for the newly NA Champion to not wrestle on a Takeover.

These two had a fantastic TV match over a month ago with 9 minutes TV time and a non-finish. Just imagine what they could do on the big stage of Takeover.

If nothing else have Adam Cole make an open challenge at the beginning of Takeover and have Pete Dunne answer it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
That would make the card six matches, when usually Takeovers are five.

But I really hope so, mostly for two reasons:

1. Dunne needs to have a match at the same event, in front of the same crowd, that made him a STAR last year.

2. Cole's NA Championship needs to be defended on the first Takeover card it's able to be defended on; I know with the UK title it's rarely defended on Takeovers, and that may happen in time to the NA title, just not on the first opportunity they have to showcase it.

These are two of the biggest, most over guys on the NXT roster. What's the hold up??

·
Registered
24,584 Posts
They've already filled their usual 5 match quota but there are still 2 weeks left of TV and Dunne is still feuding with TUE. They can easily set something up in a backstage promo, like they did for Gargano vs. Ciampa I.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I hope so and it would be a strange decision to leave Cole off the card, but if they did include this match then that will be 6 matches on the card, which would be fine with me but would be the first time they have done it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I dont get the hype around Dunne, seems like the kinda guy that is going to tank on the main roster.
You can be amazing and still flop on the main roster. I doubt Dunne, Cole & TUE, Velveteen Dream, Gargano, Ciampa, Black will all do much of anything on the main roster, but that doesn't mean they're all not insanely talented.

It's more if a reflection of how piss-poor the main roster booking & creative are.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Takeovers are always 5 matches, however it would be a shame if this match didn’t make the card, thy can easily have this show go on a little longer than usual.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts
He could easily be the Top Heel providing an anti high flying demeanor since he's a brawler and I can't see him on Raw or SD.
Um Drew Gulak already does that and is far superior in that role than Cole would every be.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts