Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
It's growing on me. I do prefer his old theme. He seems to like the Wild Thing song as his entrance, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
I think it sucks, his original was way better.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
LMAO

IWC is so fucking predictable. We whine about Vince being fickle and changing his mind on wrestlers all the time ... but then we have literally 2 weeks difference between "THIS IS SO FUCKING COOL" and "ugh, this is so fucking cringe!"

Newsflash. They have licensed the entrance theme for Moxley indefinitely. It's here to stay. Get used to it.

And seriously, how the fuck is it out of character? lol
"Wild Thing"? It fits PERFECTLY.

Maybe you'd prefer "Generic Tough Guy Theme #78" from WWE's playlist?

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
i get where some of you are coming from, but personally I fucking love it.

I liked his previous theme too, but this feels less generic.

·
Registered
10,061 Posts
I personally prefer when wrestlers have their own unique theme, rather than using a popular song but I have to admit Wild Thing pumps me up. I'm surprised there's so much negative reaction.

·
rasslin
7,700 Posts
I think I’m the only one who prefers him coming out to The Troggs’ version. That amazing opening strum at the beginning followed by the dirty acoustic guitar gives off major outlaw vibes.
Agreed.

It felt different and edgier and now it feels like something you’d hear in some 90s movie montage

·
KO
5,685 Posts
IWC is so fucking predictable. We whine about Vince being fickle and changing his mind on wrestlers all the time ... but then we have literally 2 weeks difference between "THIS IS SO FUCKING COOL" and "ugh, this is so fucking cringe!"
I'm going to tell you something that might make you shit your pants. The IWC is not a hive mind that has a singular opinion, so it's not "you said A two weeks ago, now you say the opposite", it's "person 1 said A two weeks ago, now person 2 says B". I'm baffled that this is a hard concept to grasp for some people.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
It's fantastic for crowd interaction, and the song itself is awesome. That said, I agree that it doesn't really fit Mox.

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
5,052 Posts
LMAO

Newsflash. They have licensed the entrance theme for Moxley indefinitely. It's here to stay. Get used to it.

I've never been behind the song because it doesn't fit him in the first place, if we're basing it off of the song title fitting him then that's ludicrous, the actual song and beat doesn't fit the theme of his character at all. If they wanted a proper badass heavy song that would actually enhance Moxley's appeal they hsould have spent the money on "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap". It's a badass song and would fit him perfectly.

·
Ho!
18,260 Posts
I don’t like it, but while he’s not really doing anything of note I’m OK with it.

He can go back to his regular theme when he becomes a serious singles competitor again going after championships, or when he turns heel.

·
Waiting for Kawato
1,760 Posts
Yeah, honestly, as someone who generally doesn't give too much of a shit about theme music, Moxley's was one of the few I found instantly recognizable, fitting to a T, and just generally good. Baffling decision. I guess they want their biggest stars to all have legit songs to make them seem bigger? Seems a stupid waste of money to me (though Pixies for Cassidy is perfect).

Metallica's Pulling Teeth for Britt any day now.

·
Registered
409 Posts
People of a certain age are only going to associate that song in sports with Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaugn coming out. Feels like they are ripping off the movie Major League. I see in this thread where a Japanese worker used to use it but most of don't have any idea about Japanese workers.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I liked his old theme, and the lyrics don't fit either, but doing an Onita tribute works well so I'm not going to shit on it completely.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I associate the song with Onita but then I was a huge FMW mark in the 90s/early 2000s and it was his iconic theme. So long ago now that most modern fans won't make the link, but Moxley has the similar rebel with an attitude vibe about him.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
LMAO

What would I prefer?
Hmm
I dunno
His original theme ya dick head lol

21 - 40 of 41 Posts