Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Don't Call it a Comeback
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not talking about those tank tops, or that I dont think they should be called wifebears, because that doesnt make a difference.

I started Fencing for my school back in January. The first practice was sort of a wake up call. No one thought it would be as hard as it is. Anyway theres this one kid who a few of us call Wifebeater because he wears one to every practice. The fact that he cant pull it off is another story. This kid has his lips perminantly attached to the coach's ass. He acts like such a moron. When we get a chance for a water break he tries to show off by jumping onto the stage. We've really been working on foot work, advances, retreats, things like that. His foot work is horrible. Hes just not good at all. Im not the best or anything, but I was watching his feel and hes doing it all wrong and rushing through it. Practices started up the last week in January, and its now March 12. Each week it gets a little easier to go through the routine. But this kid stops to sit and take a break while we're stretching. Are you fucking kidding me? Stretching and simple lunges. After a while you feel your quads getting sore after lunges, but this kid stopped after about three or four. Im not in any great shape at all, but if this kid cant even get through stretching and lunges hes gona get his ass kicked. He quits so easily. He stops and sits down for 10-15 minutes at a time after doing very little work. The team is divided into three wepon groups (Foil, Saber, and Eppe). The Foil and Saber fencers practice close to eachother, while the Eppers practice off to the side (Im and Eppe, BTW). One of my friends Fences Foil and he can see Wifebeater, who feces Saber, when its not his turn and hes the biggest spaz when hes Fencing Saber. We're all busting our asses trying to get better and Wifebeater is wasting his time. I dont want this kid on my team when we're down and need a Saber victory and this kid has to Fence. God damn he pisses me off.

·
Buzz Killington
2,202 Posts
i know i hate the pricks who think that they are so good just becaue the coach likes them or they are the coaches son, we had somone like that on the football team a couple years back he was the QB and he was the coaches son and he acted like he was the best because he was the coaches son, well anyhow every damn practice i felt like kicking his ass.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
If you have a problem with this guy, you should get the whole team together and talk to the coach. Tell him you don't feel he's productive to the team and will hurt the team when it comes down to it. The coach will do somethig about it.

Fencing huh? That's so private school. (lol just kidding)

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I don't know the 1st thing about fencing. Did it once at my friend house, he wins a bunch of awards or tournaments or whatever fencers win. He is awesome and I never did it before so needless to say I was taken to school. However, I did manage to avoid the dog crap on the lawn unlike him who was left with smelly shoes for a few days. Anyways I can sort of relate with the untalented people and not liking on your team and I must say they piss me off as well.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
^^^If you don't like it, don't post. I don't care if it is Rants. Perhaps it's time we had the post count turned off in here again, to discourage the new trend for posting everywhere despite having nothing whatsoever to say.

·
Don't Call it a Comeback
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vcmstoner said:
Fencing huh? That's so private school. (lol just kidding)
It is actually, lol.

Our season hasnt started, and its the first year so I guess we're not a team yet per say. Three guys from each wepon make up the starting nine for matches. And I doubt he'll make the start for Saber, I was just going to an extreem to prove my point. And if next fall/winter when we're getting ready for season and hes still pulling this shit, I just may do what you said, vcmstoner.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
A fake sword? You my friend evidently haven't been smacked upside the head with one. There's a reason for the padding. That shit hurts!

·
Don't Call it a Comeback
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And the padding only does so much. Thers a plastic guarg covering the tip and your wearing a thinly padded jacket, but getting jabbed with it over and over agian in the same spots hurts like hell.

·
Banned
4,141 Posts
I had that same problem last year, except it was in football instead of fencing. There was a guy on our team thought he was better than everyone else because he was the biggest guy. Being as he was about 6'6 and had to have weighed somewhere close to 300 pounds, he started to become a problem. He thought it was funny to purposely try to injure the other players..........DURING PRACTICE! It'd be okay if he'd had that attitude against the other teams, but instead he had it when on the practice field with his own team-mates. After a few weeks of it, he'd pushed a few of us too far and ended up with a broken orbital bone.......yeah, he had a little run-in with a high percentage of the team after practice. I'm not suggesting that you guys jump this idiot like we did, but I would suggest (like the other guy did) talking to the coach about it.

SIG

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
I've always fancied the idea of fencing tried it once as a 'holiday activity' and yh it hurts after a long session.

The guy your on about is everywhere, not in the sence he is everywhere but his personality and his charachter are a popular problem, i owuld say, in all sports, there is always someone who has to be better, be it a FAT slow guy or a guy who is good at other sports and needs to be the top of everything, no matter how shite he, or her for that matter, is.

I think the only real option is to ask your team members to go and talk to your coach with you, or is it only you and a couple who has this problem.... if the majority of the team are feeling he is un-productive then yh get him kicked out by the coach.

( if all else fails just go and beat the shit outta him :) ) - **Can i just add, violence doesnt fix things and i dont condone violence to individuals or vitimisation because of personal ability**

·
Banned
540 Posts
theres a guy at my work who thinks hes untouchable...but people hate him, basically kno 1 there likes him and he keeps rocking up late and yer thinks he's kewl...gets tonnes of complaints a week against him :D and yer and someone got spray paint and outside spray painted "FUCK *****" yer im leaving the name blank for a reason ok.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts