Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I mean everyone else in the match has a case as to why they're in the match, Ziggler former IC champion who was screwed out of the title. Harper had a great feud with Ziggler over the title and proved he's deserving of a spot in the match.

Daniel Bryan, well he's Daniel Bryan he headlined WM last year and is the most over guy on the roster he can be in any match he wants. Ambrose again he's Dean Ambrose, he's had some big feuds and deserves some gold. Barrett he's the current champion. Stardust not that deserving of a spot but he just beat Goldust in their feud and is going out on his own, he's more deserving than R fucking Truth is at least he's been on tv and used consistently.

But how the fuck does it make any sense that R Truth deserves a spot in this match? He's been missing for nearly a year and randomly appears trying to steal the belt and suddenly he's handed a title match at WM.

·
Vaporizing the Opposition
1,075 Posts
He's the comedy relief.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Because he beat the champion and hasn't gotten a title shot.

If anything, Stardust and Harper have no case
That doesn't mean shit Barrett always loses, Sin Cara beat Barrett as well why's he not in the match but Truth is?

Harper has a case cause he at least held the belt recently. Stardust has more of a case than Truth just for the simple fact that he's been on tv while Truth has been doing jack shit for the past year.

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
That doesn't mean shit Barrett always loses, Sin Cara beat Barrett as well why's he not in the match but Truth is?

Harper has a case cause he at least held the belt recently. Stardust has more of a case than Truth just for the simple fact that he's been on tv while Truth has been doing jack shit for the past year.
Sin Cara got a title shot the following week on the first Thursday Smackdown.

All 3 are in the same ballpark as they don't win often. Difference is Truth beat the champ and Stardust & Harper never win at all

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sin Cara got a title shot the following week on the first Thursday Smackdown.

All 3 are in the same ballpark as they don't win often. Difference is Truth beat the champ and Stardust & Harper never win at all
Well give Truth a title match on Raw, cause a guy thats not wrestled on Raw more than a few matches the whole year doesn't deserve a title match at WM.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I don't see why they couldn't just stuff him in the Battle Royal with all the other jobbers.

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,553 Posts
Gotta have a token black man in a multi-man match and he's also in there to provide a little bit of comedy.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
said before, beated the champ and got no title shot. was the whole time part of the storyline - robbing the belt
Kayfabe wise ok he beat Barrett yada yada yada, but logically out of kayfabe why's he deserve the spot? He's not done anything all year, whens the last time the guy even had a feud? He's been a jobber for as long as i can remember. Stick him with he rest of the jobbers in the Battle Royal match. Ryback deserves the spot more than Truth does.

·
Banned
25,988 Posts
He doesn't, he's just there for comedy relief and for the fact that Vince has always kinda liked him. This is just their way of throwing him a bone.

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
It's made commentary such a chore during the IC title fued that I couldn't care less about the build. The match itself will probably be great, but between the stupid title theft storyline and Cole/JBL/Truth taking focus away every bloody match involving participants? Fuck. That. Shit.

Truth was clearly added for comedy relief, but why a match that involves six potential future/current main-event quality talents needs comedy relief is beyond me. Just another example of WWE being completely out of touch with the audience.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's made commentary such a chore during the IC title fued that I couldn't care less about the build. The match itself will probably be great, but between the stupid title theft storyline and Cole/JBL/Truth taking focus away every bloody match involving participants? Fuck. That. Shit.

Truth was clearly added for comedy relief, but why a match that involves six potential future/current main-event quality talents needs comedy relief is beyond me. Just another example of WWE being completely out of touch with the audience.
Exactly, stick him in the Andre battle royale with all the other jobbers. Ryback should be in his spot in terms of just being used consistently and being a bad ass. This match doesn't need a goofy comedy jobber in it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Kayfabe, because he went over Barrett recently in a non-title match. IRL because Ron Killings has been a dependable presence for the company for many years, usually puts on entertaining matches, and can engage a crowd on the mic and hasn't had a run at a title recently. I personally felt his feud with John Cena for the WWE title a while back was a surprise hit, even if the whole Li'l Jimmy thing went on a bit too long!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Truth is the best in that match and he shoulda win it !!!

Reactions: The Lion Tamer
1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.