Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Because a lot of them suck. They can't wrestle.

I would much prefer bringing in ROH guys who can do tremendous things in the ring. They would be much better additions to complement the likes of AJ, Samoa Joe, Daniels, Kaz, MCMG, etc.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
there isn't a good reason. it's just like the CFL is happy to take former NFL players. im the biggest TNA fan but i admit they arent on WWEs level, and while i dont even think WWE has a good wrestling show currently, or anytime really, they still have a decent talent scouting system, and therefore TNA should be satisfied to bring in some of those guys.

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
Christian, Hardy, Anderson, Angle I have no problem with as they all serve(d) a purpose in TNA and can perform to a high standard. Nash, Steiner, Sting, Booker and the like, though, are utter trash and shouldn't be given the time of day.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
sometimes ex-wwe people reinvent themselves and turn out to be ok. guys that worked out for a while that i liked were christian, tomko, angle, hardy, anderson, flair, mickie, tara, rhino, and kendrick. i don't really think they have gone overboard too much on the signings as of late. they seem to be toning it down now that the roster is looking pretty stacked. and honestly the wwe roster atm isn't that strong imo. it might be as weak as it ever has been so i don't see to many future signings. if tna keeps bringing in guys like crimson and guys with awesome potential like wolfe over the years and give them a chance they will eventually outdo anything the E does. once they get out of the impact zone i look for them to look a lot more professional. i can see that the production value of impact seems to be getting better now under bischoff they just need to take it on the road soon like many others have said. i'm sure they'll do that in due time when they feel ready to make that jump.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Most of the time the WWE guys come and they get more money, get more t.v. time, and the bigger pushes. I'd be perfectly fine with the WWE guys coming in, but whenever a new guy comes in he's treated as the "flavor of the month" and will go over more deserving guys and get huge pushes just because of they were in the WWE and no because he has any actual value to a wrestling company. (for example, Val Venis over Daniels).

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
The problem is that because they are established names, TNA tends to want to push them over superior talent who the outside world doesn't know too much about. That's taking the easy way out. Push the guys who put on a product people want to see. Not has-beens who couldn't draw enough to stay in the WWE.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Go watch NWA TNA it was full of WWE, WCW and ECW guys but the angle/storylines where not from WWE on demand. Do you really have to have the WWE/WCW guys do the same storylines the did in the WWE and WCW?

- NWO = The Band
- Millionaire's Club = Main Event Mafia
- Team Angel = The Angle Alliance
- Team Edge = The Christian Coalition
- Most of then have pretty much the same music from the WWE/WCW..
- Some of the guys in the WWE Youth Movementlike Alberto Del Rio, Daniel Bryan, Drew McIntyre, Wade Barrett, ect where free agents TNA pass on, Only to bring in people like Jordan, Dudley Boyz, Nasty Boyz, Sean Morley, ect

·
Registered
919 Posts
It's just another way for WWE marks to take shots at TNA.

Reactions: Chismo

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Because they want an alternative. The non-wwe guys are younger and better wrestlers, and those fans want a show built around that. Not that I even agree with it a lot of times, I think samoa joe pretty much stinks, and Jay lethal is bland as fuck. But I can see why.

But it will never really change- TV is built for personalities and characters, thats what will be featured, and thats what you learn in WWE. An ex-wwe guy will always be ahead of the curve in that department because of their experience, and everyone else will be playing catch up, unless they are naturals, and TNA doesn't have many of those at the moment. You just don't learn that stuff in ROH and the indies, and there was nobody to teach in TNA. Do you think it is any conincidence that guys like AJ and kazarian were boderline retards on the mic before guys like Ric flair, and Hulk hogan showed up and passed on some of their experience w/ big-time wrestling, and pushed the entertainment aspect of the company to the forefront? I don't.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
I don't have a problem with some WWE coming in. My problem is when people are brought in JUST because they were in WWE and have no upside and have shown they bring NOTHING to the table. Some are mid card act who are the reason I stopped watching WWE.

Let's break it down.

WWE guys who came to TNA that I like: Christian,Steiner, Pope, Morgan, Anderson, Jeff Hardy, Rhino, RVD, Katie Lea, Mickie James, Tara (at first but she definitely needs to go now), Flair, Brian Kendrick, Angle, Booker T (first year he was there), Nash (not a fan of his wrestling matches, but always funny promos), Team 3D.

Guys who I have problem with: Orlando Jordan, Tommy Dreamer, The Bashams, Test, Rikishi, The Nasty Boys, Tara (now), Taz, Divari.

People want to see a new company with new stars, new matches, new feuds, etc. I don't want to see Sting vs. Flair in 2011 and I don't want to see guys who just flat out showed NOTHING in WWE and put me to sleep come over to TNA and do the same thing. There is plenty of talent who was in WWE who can still go and has something to offer. Why bring in OJ but not Paul London? Why sign Taz but not Kevin Kelly? The list goes on. Branding is important and if TNA is going to bring in WWE guys MAKE IT THE WWE GUYS THAT COUNT. There is no way in hell that the names Gregory Helms, Jericho, MVP, or Carlito should come across the mouths of anyone in TNA management and those guys should NEVER bee signed? Who can bring something to TNA right now that has been released by WWE and actually showed something while there: Paul Burchill, Kevin Thorn (who has improved since), Mike Knox, Shelley Martinez, and Luke Gallows.

If I was TNA I would send Dreamer, OJ, Tara, Taz, and Tenay as none of those guys justify their paycheck.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I don't think people have that much of a problem with ex-WWE guys coming in (unless its guys that just suck), but it's a two part problem. One part is that TNA treats ex-WWE guys as the true stars of the company, and its own guys are second fiddle that have never been true players. The second part is that when fans can clearly see that guys they like aren't being used to their maximum, and they bring in a guy who has little marketability or discernable skill, its just one more guy that gets in the way.

·
Banned
417 Posts
Because it makes TNA look like a joke.

Christian - I like him and all, but COME ON. He is not World Champion material

K Kwik - They made this guy their world champion? How are you supposed to be taken seriously with something like this.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Its not being against them its just that they abandon whatever homegrown talent for these guys. Look at last year AJ had the belt and then he turned heel just so they could put the belt on RVD, look at the champions since AJ's reign. When Angle came, sure he's the greatest ever, but every title? Or Christian. Bringing in talent from another company isn't a problem(look at Austin, Mankind, Jericho) putting anyone that comes from WWE, WCW, or ECW over your own talent is.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The problem is some of the WWE guys that come to TNA get pushed on their names and not their talent and in the process fuck over really talented guys on the roster.:gun:

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
There have been a few guys I wonder why they bring in but when you get Angle, The Pope, Morgen, Kendrick, Hardy cool for once besides his matches and Anderson the good put weighs the bad of bringing these guys in.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Because it makes TNA look like a joke.

Christian - I like him and all, but COME ON. He is not World Champion material

K Kwik - They made this guy their world champion? How are you supposed to be taken seriously with something like this.
Firstly, tell the WWE fans that were popping for Christian huge and begging for him to be put in a main event spot that Christian's not World Championship material.

In 2005 the guy was super over and WWE never took notice, honestly TNA could have booked Christian better initially but Christian was a worth while main event talent.

Secondly at the time Ron Killings was NWA World Champion he was arguably their most over act as the people were responding to him in a big way.

The fact is just because someone is a midcarder in WWE doesn't mean he isn't capable of so much more.

Look at Shane Douglas, in WWE he was Dean Douglas but in ECW he was the Franchise and possibly ECW's greatest world champion.

As for the original question I have no problem with former WWE talents as long as they can contribute something to the company.

I remember when Tomko first signed with TNA everyone bitched and moaned then he got over and towards the end everyone was pissed that TNA messed up Tomko's push and released him.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts