Wrestling Forum banner

Why WWE never pushed Titus??

4252 71
since 2013 everyone keeps saying(fans and "experts") the man has every tool to be a solid upper carder but we are in 2016 and nothing has happen, now Titus is feuding with Stardust in the most pointless storyline ever. Why WWE never pushed Titus? what happened?
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· TEAM KICK!
11,135 Posts
I don't know to be honest. The commentators recently have kept on mentioning that he has 'everything' to become a top star. I don't know if that's because they have a plan for him going forward, they seem to have totally severed ties between him and DY, so it's not impossible. He's got a great look, he's charismatic and he's generally very naturally entertaining.

The only thing with him is that honestly he's not great in the ring, he lacks a bit in that aspect, but given a proper push i think he could easily become a big deal if they treated him correctly.

· The Last Dragon
15,302 Posts
His in-ring skills limits him to pretty much hot tag guy only. He's not terrible bad and dangerous to other workers, but fuck me if he's not awkward as hell.

· TEAM KICK!
11,135 Posts
His in-ring skills limits him to pretty much hot tag guy only. He's not terrible bad and dangerous to other workers, but fuck me if he's not awkward as hell.
This is true to be fair. He is a bit sluggish in the ring which is what's holding him back to be honest. With that said, he wouldn't be the first guy to be pushed who's sluggish in the ring.

His hot tags are always pretty good to watch though.

"GET UUUUUUUUUUUUUP"

· Registered
5,277 Posts

The only thing with him is that honestly he's not great in the ring, he lacks a bit in that aspect, but given a proper push i think he could easily become a big deal if they treated him correctly.
I agree with this. I think it is his ring work. To me, he just looks a little awkward or even a little clumsy in there at times. Given his size and strength he sometimes looks like he's going to hurt someone or himself by accident. At least that is my two cents.

He's got everything else, but he needs some polish on his ring work.

· TEAM KICK!
11,135 Posts
He is very limited in the ring and isn't exactly young either, personally I think he would make a great commentator.
I'll always remember when he absolutely owned JBL on commentary on RAW.

Big props to him for that, pretty much said what was on everyone's mind when it came to calling matches.

· Registered
5,326 Posts
Because he's not very good, it's that simple. He's a guy suited for tag team wrestling, because his skills make him a great hot tag guy and he's also charismatic, but he's not a guy for singles wrestling. At least when PTP was a thing both he and Darren Young had something to do, now they're both gonna be even bigger jobbers than they were.

· Registered
2,391 Posts
Granted he is not that good in the ring but he is not that bad as Strowman and WWE keeps pushing that man to the moon.
Strowman is not being pushed to the moon , he's just booked to look strong in a stable.There is a huge difference. When strowman is booked to be the monster , he's the monster in the stable and overall , he makes the stable looked powerful and make the wyatt family something to be feared.

Until Strowman becomes a solo wrestler and goes over everyone and destroy everyone easily , then you can say that WWE has pushed him to the moon like giant khali when he first debuted.

· Registered
15,663 Posts
Because he's black. He's muscular and can barely wrestle, 2 things Vince loves, so him not being pushed is likely due to the black thing.
Sometimes ya just have to look at the base explanations before trying to over-analyze things with Vince and the WWE.
Strowman is not being pushed to the moon , he's just booked to look strong in a stable.There is a huge difference. When strowman is booked to be the monster , he's the monster in the stable and overall , he makes the stable looked powerful and make the wyatt family something to be feared.

Until Strowman becomes a solo wrestler and goes over everyone and destroy everyone easily , then you can say that WWE has pushed him to the moon like giant khali when he first debuted.
I guess it had to happen eventually, some folks say one loss is a burial, so a big guy tossing a few smaller guys around once every two or three weeks is a rocket push now.

· Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

he defeated The Dudleys, Rhyno and Tommy dreamer. if that´s not getting a huge push then i dont know what it is.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.