Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they're were obvious signs of it showing tonight. I don't get it he's the most over face on raw, and if he turns heel who's their to feud with that he hasn't already cena, Trips?

Orton match's have been better since he turned face cause he does moves faster an such plus added a few in his arsenal. I don't want to see orton turn heel again

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
How did they show signs?

Because he said he showed mercy before he kicked Jericho? That's the way Orton acts. He's a loner, he loves to take out people. There weren't any signs of him turning heel, you're just reading into to it too much.

·
Banned
749 Posts
And he's not the biggest face.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Because miz is going face?

·
Registered
694 Posts
I just made a thread about this but it got deleted for some reason. The crowd reaction when he hit Sheamus with the RKO and calmly walked out the cage was one of the loudest I ever heard in a long time on Raw.

·
Banned
749 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Orton is not turning heel. He is anti-face, that's what people love about him. When he says he won't show compassion this year, it isn't turning heel it's giving his fans what they want to hear. If Cena had said something like that, it would be a different reaction, but because it's Orton it just cements his status as the anti-hero

·
Registered
5,697 Posts

·
Banned
749 Posts
How subtle are we talking? Because right now Miz is the top heel on RAW, maybe the top heel wrestler in the company. Only things getting more heat are Vickie and the anon GM on RAW.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
Why would they want to turn him heel? Because he's an awful face, and a mastermind of a heel.

Obvious decision. But WWE doesn't want to make it at this point. Nevermind that turning him face in the first place was a stupid move.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Why would they want to turn him heel? Because he's an awful face, and a mastermind of a heel.

Obvious decision. But WWE doesn't want to make it at this point. Nevermind that turning him face in the first place was a stupid move.
I mean, it's not like he was getting obvious cheers during his fued with Legacy, right? It's not like HHH was meant to be taken out by Sheamus, and HBK was meant to retire leaving only one major face in RAW, right?

Come on. It was the best decision they had at that point.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Because Cena is THE most over face on Raw, and Orton cannot properly work as a babyface. Don't believe me? Compare his his best matches from his recent babyface run to his best matches from the Viper heel run.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
They should turn him heel. Although that's not to say the current tweener / Steve Austin style gimmick isn't working for him. He does heel stuff but gets face pops for it.

I'd much rather see the cocky, rude, arrogant Orton, atleast then he can run his mouth freely and provide a bit of entertainment when on the mic. I get the fact he's a viper, I know he's meant to stay mute and hardly speak, I also get that he's fucking over with the crowd right now. But it doesn't mean it works for me.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
How subtle are we talking? Because right now Miz is the top heel on RAW, maybe the top heel wrestler in the company. Only things getting more heat are Vickie and the anon GM on RAW.
Very subtle. While he is straight heel on the mic and works parts of matches like a heel, whenever Miz is in trouble his face and mannerisms oft scream face.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Hilarious, actually.

The man acts like a heel yet gets cheered.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'm sure the WWE would love to turn Orton heel but they just cant. I mean everything he does is heelish but still gets cheered for it. For example look at Raw last night he was quickly trying to escape from the cage early on in the match usually only heels does that. And also he didn't even win cleanly, if it wasn't for CM Punk Barrett could've easily won that match but yet the crowd went crazy when he won. Also lets go back to the night Miz cashed in his MITB. Barrett had that match won too if it wasn't for Cena coming out for the save allowing Orton to hit the RKO and there for winning the match. So you see where I'm going with this? He's a face but still gets cheered for doing heelish things.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
I mean, it's not like he was getting obvious cheers during his fued with Legacy, right? It's not like HHH was meant to be taken out by Sheamus, and HBK was meant to retire leaving only one major face in RAW, right?

Come on. It was the best decision they had at that point.
Sheamus took out Trips long after Orton had turned, and you're just being silly if you think HBK's retirement had anything to do with making way for a guy like Randy Orton. That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

And I don't care that he was getting lightly cheered. Those cheers didn't blow up until they booked him against Sheamus at the Royal Rumble, and that's a fact. WWE could've prevented that face turn, they could've stopped themselves from stepping on three or four other people's careers, and they could've kept Randy Orton interesting. But they chose to turn him face instead. Don't act like it's such an obvious decision when you're the one presenting the information differently.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts