Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Re: WWE Saturday Morning Slam

Just watched the Brodus Clay segment and well...it's embarrassing.

I wonder if he genuinely enjoys doing that.
I doubt it but he's still employed and still getting paid so I guess he just deals with it.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts

So why shouldn't they keep up with this and turn RAW & Smackdown TV-14 again? Finally those little Jimmys have something to see.
G-rating? Neck holds are banned?
WTF.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Re: Saturday morning slam will flop

Given that Saturday Morning Slam is generally seen as the 'A-show' I don't think they have anything to worry about. It may get off to a slow start but I think in a month they will be hitting those 6.0 ratings.

The Kofi/Slater feud, and the build towards their main event encounter at WM29, will dwarf Rock/Cena.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts

So why shouldn't they keep up with this and turn RAW & Smackdown TV-14 again? Finally those little Jimmys have something to see.
G-rating? Neck holds are banned?
WTF.
Smackdown has been TV-PG every week since 2000. And PG=/=TV-G. I dunno why you people don't get this.

·
Registered
484 Posts

I am no fan of the PG era but I have no problem with this actually. A Saturday Morning program for kids is a great idea and it brings back memories for me of getting up on Saturday morning and watching Livewire over a bowl of cereal as a kid.
good point. It would be awesome if they changed back to TV14 and left the kiddie bullshit here.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts

Smackdown has been TV-PG every week since 2000. And PG=/=TV-G. I dunno why you people don't get this.
People think PG equals disney like stuff when it doesn't.

Though there's a big difference between PG, Fans perception of PG and WWE PG.

WWE PG is inbetween what PG actually is, and what fans perception of PG is, which is a BAD thing considering that WWE can get away with alot more on PGTV than they actually do. If you watch a show on CBS or Fox..those shows are rated PG and look at the language and other content they have on the shows(of all shows that air before 9pm)

·
Starving for poutine
7,260 Posts

He was talking about Saturday Morning Slam. It's rated TV-G and neck moves are indeed banned.

·
Registered
293 Posts

The Kofi/Slater feud, and the build towards their main event encounter at WM29, will dwarf Rock/Cena.
Please tell me this was sarcasm.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts

It was an interesting show unless you expected crucifixions and Abdullah The Butcher gore-fests. :punk2

·
Registered
869 Posts

LOL at people overreacting. This is a kids show for crying out loud.
People seem to forget this isn't the first time WWE has had a show for kids. Apparently everybody has either forgotten about or never saw Hulk Hogan's Rock & Wrestling cartoon.

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
Re: WWE Saturday Morning Slam Discussion

And to the OP. You don't understand how TV works. Sat Morning Slam doesn't have to beat Sponge Bob or shows on Disney. It just has to do better than what it replaces on CW. Or do the same at a lower cost.

All shows on CW get lower ratings than the big channels. That doesn't mean they are flops. A "hit" show on CW would get canceled on the big channels for low ratings. But CW's business model doesn't require it to compete with the top dogs.

There are hundreds of channels. The lower tier channels learn how to make money with lower ratings. They constantly seek to improve ratings and profitability.

Slam might be a flop, we'll see. But not for the reasons you gave.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts

Just watched first episode. This show definitely isn't for anyone over the age of 10. So coming on this forum, and hearing a bunch of 20-30 year olds complaining just sounds real funny.

Imagine a forum for SpongeBob, and having abunch of 30 year olds talking about how ___ wasn't funny in this episode and how __ used to be better 5 years ago. That'd be funny but also creepy that 30 year olds are talking about a kids show

·
How you doing?
4,958 Posts

This was really aimed for kids, the damn funkasaurus segment. And they really were dumb by putting santino on commentary and coming up with his US title belt he lost at the summerslam pre show. Does the wwe really think kids are this dumb? This was obviously recorded before Smackdown on August 17.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts

its a good idea, and a typical business strategy. target the kids, they will bring u life long business when they keep coming back for nostalgia reasons.
yes PG doesnt have to be kiddy stuff... but thats obviously what they are going for right now and what is working for them, money wise. so yea, we are stuck with it for a while still.

·
HEADBANGA
22,462 Posts

Then don't read threads about ratings. Just stop.
When I opened this thread I wasn't expecting this to be a rating debate. But here I was looking a ratings for fucking CHILDREN'S SHOW on different networks and some mark saying the show won't be successful because it's on the CW. It's freaking pathetic man. It's a show for kids... Who cares how well it does?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts