Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Same reason why there wasn't a women's royal rumble till around then (think that was 18)
Women wrestling under went a huge restructure at that time before that they were an after thought more or less.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
because they ran two separate men’s briefcase matches
That is correct. For example back in 2010, one match featured RAW wrestlers while the other featured SmackDown wrestlers. The main reason why the WWE doesn't do branded MITB ladder matches is because it excludes the women and that the WWE doesn't want negative PR by excluding the likes of Becky Lynch and Asuka from the PPV.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Prior to 2017, the Money in the Bank ladder match was reserved only for male wrestlers (the women did get to wrestle championship matches during that period, however).
Because female wrestlers were not good enough.

Ok. Sure they've had Lita, Trish and Mickie James, but that is not enough to pull off a good women's MITB ladder match. I couldn't care less about a women's MITB matches that included wrestlers like Candice Michelle, Nia Jax, Torrie Wilson, Stacy Keibler, Sable and Ashley.

·
The SNIFF Slayer
3,227 Posts
Because the mens division had been emasculated since 2002 when The Attitude Era ended and there was no reason to worry about making the women look great when the men already looked like less than half what they did during the products peak years. I wish they would've treated the womens division better back then, it's been the only good thing about WWE overall in 20 years. Not so much in the last year though.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Because watching two members of the womens roster pre-2014 have a even basic match was quite often a boring ass trainwreck

Candice Michelle, Torrie Wilson, Kelly Kelly, Layla, Stacy Keibler and Mickie James in a ladder match? shudder
Heh, you should have seen it back in the eighties. Until the first Wrestlemania, the women were rarely on TV, and mostly used as house show filler. Wendi Richter gave them a little boost for a bit, but it didn't last too long. Though some of those ladies were pretty good, such as Velvet McIntyre and Rockin Robin. I always enjoyed seeing them and the midget wrestlers pop up on a card.

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Heh, you should have seen it back in the eighties. Until the first Wrestlemania, the women were rarely on TV, and mostly used as house show filler. Wendi Richter gave them a little boost for a bit, but it didn't last too long. Though some of those ladies were pretty good, such as Velvet McIntyre and Rockin Robin. I always enjoyed seeing them and the midget wrestlers pop up on a card.
Oh, I remember.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Because for a few years now, WWE (and other wrestling companies) has become a company that treats men and women in the most equitable way possible. After years of using attractive women to attract audiences, WWE is now a feminist company.

·
Registered
14,800 Posts
Ok. Sure they've had Lita, Trish and Mickie James, but that is not enough to pull off a good women's MITB ladder match. I couldn't care less about a women's MITB matches that included wrestlers like Candice Michelle, Nia Jax, Torrie Wilson, Stacy Keibler, Sable and Ashley.
I find it very weird that you've grouped Nia Jax in with the others. She was miles better than those other girls in terms of wrestling. Candice Michelle became pretty good near the end of her career too, she really improved in the ring and won the Women's Championship.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
It still shouldn't be a thing, because the bumps they take are pathetic. Alexa's "big fall" of the ladder being off the 3rd rung was comedy :LOL:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts