Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've not watched Impact in a long time, and i just caught Slammiversary tonight and that main event had me face palming hard, seriously you got Trey, Ace Austin, and Rich Swann in the main event of one of your biggest shows of the year for your world title? While Moose a guy who looks like a champion and a star is stuck in a match with fucking Tommy Dreamer in the midcard? what? seriously? And Sami Callihan is doing some throwaway tag team match with Ken Shamrock?

Is the main event in that bad of fucking shape that half the X Division guys are in it? Whos booking this shit?

As i've said i've not watched Impact in a long time, but even i can tell you what the main event should've been, Moose vs Sami Callihan vs Eddie Edwards in a triple threat, those 3 guys are clearly the top guys there and should be in the main event, those X Division geeks don't belong in the main event of Slammiversary, sorry but they don't.

·
Southern Pride
3,549 Posts
I agree. Ace Austin is one of my favorites but he had no business being in that match. They wanted to continue the thing of Moose having the TNA World Championship I guess. Not sure what the deal is with Sami.

Regardless of them letting Blanchard and Elgin go, they could have done better than having Austin, Swann and others in that match.

I've missed a lot of episodes since the pandemic because the few wrestlers that I cared about were off TV or no longer getting a big push.

Reactions: SAMCRO and jpickens

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I'm brand new to Impact after a multi year hiatus but I didn't mind Ace Austin in there. They promoted him in the video package as the future of Impact, the next AJ Styles etc. I can get behind that. Rich Swann seems to be getting some hate on this board as well but I found him thoroughly entertaining and worthy of a main event position. I felt Trey seemed quite out of place so maybe they'd have been better off going Austin/Edwards/EY/Swann.

I do agree that Moose is a star though.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Ace Austin had feuded with Eddie Edwards and currently with Trey after the number one contenders tournament, so makes sense for them to be in the match after they had to change the lineup with Elgin being fired and Tessa quitting/fired. Swann been away for a long while so wasn't a bad way to reintroduce him in here, letting him have some attention then get eliminated, setting up a feud with the returning EY in the process. Moose is doing great as it is with the whole "TNA Champion" gimmick, unless they wanted to end that and give him the belt (going against what he's said about being the real champion anyway) it would have been a terrible idea to have him in the match and lose. This way it set up a match between champion vs "champion" Moose down the line. So yea nothing wrong with it imo.

Sami is completely wasted at the moment though, i agree with you there. Teaming him up with Ken was a shit idea, especially after he become a lone wolf and abandoning OVE. I'm guessing they originally wanted to keep him away from the main event scene to avoid over exposing Sami vs Tessa so this is just to keep him busy for the time being? Hopefully they'll start using him better soon.

Reactions: jpickens

·
Registered
24,457 Posts
Last I saw Impact was earlier this year a bit after Tessa won the title (and that's not the reason I stopped watching). Last I knew Ace Austin was an X Division guy working with Trey Miguel and Callahan was the guy who Tessa beat for the title.

So it was a bit weird to see this as the main event. I mean Eddie Edwards is a given. He's been there forever. But Miguel and Austin? Eh, just from what I last saw of them I can't say I look at them as main eventers.

And Moose feels like he's been there forever but his role on like every freaking PPV is to fight the old timer. RVD, Shamrock, now Dreamer. That's always his role. He always wins, but it's like he's never actually near the title which I don't get.

Then again, like I said, I haven't been watching Impact most of the year. Maybe that'll change after this show.

·
Registered
214 Posts
It was a sheeshow of a main event, but they had to redo it as Elgin and Tessa were fired. Sami was already involved in a storyline, but Moose I agree. He should have been there.....maybe. They are playing off of it as he's a legit champion, so him losing would have weakend him a bit. I'm sure they have plans for the TNA title, and that's why he was MIA.

The buildup between Tessa, Elgin and Edwards was great, with Eddie and Elgin's great best of five series. It's a shame they couldn't finish that story arc. Rumor was the Good Bros. were to jump Tessa to build some heat too. Crazy that it all fell apart.

·
Registered
9,604 Posts
I think is part of Moose TNA storyline but you will see him be the main guy.

·
Registered
538 Posts
This is the first I've seen from Impact in years and I have to say that I agree. While the main event match was decent, I can't exactly say that it had any kind of star power. I'm glad that Eddie Edwards won as I wouldn't have taken any others seriously. They teased EC3, Angle, Anderson etc and gave us Eric Young and a returning Rich Swann. Hmm...

·
Registered
484 Posts
I raised the situation as well in the Slammiversary thread. It just didn't look like a World title match. Esp. at a time where you have a chance to get as many eye balls on the product as you can. They did well though with EY being in there and EC3 appearing but yea Moose and Sami should have been there. They probably wanted to diversify the card and raise a bigger profile on the tag titles. I wonder if there is going to be a title unification at some point which would get Moose in there. Cause he has the real title.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Nah I don't Moose will ever be the FOTF. He's way too problematic. He's fine in his role at the moment (he just really needs to lose the headband, makes him look like a dumbass)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I think Moose and Sami Callihan are main event material but Impact needed Moose for the "self apointed TNA World Heavyweight champion" angle and Callihan looked fine being Shamrock partner.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts