Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I'm not a huge Hogan fan or anything but I was just wondering why he wasn't apart of WreslteMania XX considering the tagline was "Where It All Begins Again" and considering he helped make WresleMania what it is today he should have been apart of it. And also Hogan was apart of WrestleMania 18. 19, and 21 so it doesn't make much sense to me why he wasn't apart of WrestleMania XX

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
I think him and Vince had a falling out over his contract, which is why he abruptly left in 2003, and didn't reconcile until they wanted to put him into the HOF at 2005.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
I think that was the year they were really trying to do Austin/Hogan, right? Neither side could agree on the outcome
I think the first time they tried doing Austin vs Hogan was for WM22, I remember Hogan bringing it up at the Raw Homecoming to the USA Network in 2005. It was just about money issues he and Vince had in 2003, Hogan didn't think he was getting paid enough and quit.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
I think the first time they tried doing Austin vs Hogan was for WM22, I remember Hogan bringing it up at the Raw Homecoming to the USA Network in 2005. It was just about money issues he and Vince had in 2003, Hogan didn't think he was getting paid enough and quit.

I'm pretty sure they were trying to do Hogan/Austin at WM18 but Austin was pretty out of it in 2002 and losing his enthusiasm for the business so The Rock took the opportunity to wrestle Hogan while Austin got stuck in a mid-card feud with Scott Hall.

Reactions: D-XFann9933

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm pretty sure they were trying to do Hogan/Austin at WM18 but Austin was pretty out of it in 2002 and losing his enthusiasm for the business so The Rock took the opportunity to wrestle Hogan while Austin got stuck in a mid-card feud with Scott Hall.
Yup, I vaguely remember reading that somewhere too. Love the avatar by the way dude, HUSS!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts