Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... so hot for Daffney? I swear she was a heel before her injury, she was teaming with a heel against a face team of TBP? Why dou you think they were so hot for her, compared to everyone else on iMPACT this past week?

·
Banned
295 Posts
Because a lot of the regular fans that show up weekly care more about trying to get themselves over than the performers. Remember all of the "Crucial Crew" crap? Seeing as how tickets in Universal Studios are free, there is nothing to keep the "smart" fans away. Other than them, the Impact Zone constantly has tourists/vacationers coming in and out of the studio. A group goes out, the next group comes in. The ones that stay are the vocal regulars. The same people that used to chant for Lance Hoyt simply because he would drink with them after shows.

That is not to say that Daffney does not have her share of fans but it explains why you get ridiculously stuff like dueling chants for Mickie/Tara. All it really does in the end is ensure that no one in company can get any heat, one way or the other.

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
... so hot for Daffney? I swear she was a heel before her injury, she was teaming with a heel against a face team of TBP? Why dou you think they were so hot for her, compared to everyone else on iMPACT this past week?

Well, heels and faces don't really matter in the IZ, and it was her return to Impact.

Also, she's a really good wrestler (better than Angelina and Velvet, but that's my opinion) and people want to see her pushed instead of things like Cookie or useless knockout tag-teams made up just to lose.

·
Super Moderator
19,327 Posts
So how come, compared to the past, she's had little to no reaction?
Because you don't know what you've got til it's gone... and she was gone for a while with that injury.

It's just appreciation. And I loved it. And I loved how she acknowledged them.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
That was awesome the Daffney chants during that match. TNA never uses their non BP knockouts properly and the fans are trying to tell managment to do so.

·
Exile on Main Street
1,001 Posts
Because she's a much loved member of the roster and the fans missed her, and were glad to see her back.

Off topic; who's the chick with Velvet in your sig Croft? She looks familiar but i can't think where from.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
She is a fan favorite and she was gone for quite a while so I understand why they seemed excited to see her back, I know I sure was.

·
Registered
242 Posts
This is first time i have seen daffney. I am a new TNA fan of the last 4 or 5 months or so, but i was very UNimpressed with her. i thought the little ring work we got to see from her, was choppy, and boring. Maybe it was an off night, i know she just came back, but if thursday night's performance is her norm, i am not impressed.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
I think the IZ is one of the major things killing TNA. They will pop for pretty much anything which gives them a false perception of how good/shit their product is. I'm sure they are aware that they pop for anything, but I think it's far easier to accept mediocrity when people are constantly cheering for it.

They are also spoiled at the same time too though. Example, Petey Williams said he got much bigger pops for the Canadian Destroyer outside of the IZ because those morons are fucking spoiled. Basically the Impact Zone just sucks.

As for Daffney, who care's if she was a heel? Triple H was the BIGGEST heel in years in 2000/2001 and when he returned in 2002 he got a GIANT pop. That's how returns usually go.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
This is first time i have seen daffney. I am a new TNA fan of the last 4 or 5 months or so, but i was very UNimpressed with her. i thought the little ring work we got to see from her, was choppy, and boring. Maybe it was an off night, i know she just came back, but if thursday night's performance is her norm, i am not impressed.
She is usually really good. However, I think there wasn't any intention of having her wrestle much that night but since the crowd was hot for her they let her in, and it wasn't part of the original plan.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
I loved every second of her reveling in the Daffney chants, Sarita was trying to talk and all you could hear was "DAFFNEY DAFFNEY DAFFNEY" and her doing a little bow for them :lmao. She's just plain awesome, so for that reason she'll probably be next on the released list.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
because every bnew addition to the KO roster is sllight chance of it to be relevant again

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Daffney being popular in the Impact Zone kinda sums up the problems with TNA. Daffney is over, people want to see her and yet nothing happens. Same thing happened with Desmond Wolfe. Hogan and Bischoff are determined to shove who they want down our throats without listening to what the fans want.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts