Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching tons of pre 2000 PPVs and noticed how much heat he always drew. Does anyone remember why? I only started watching wrestling in late 2001.

·
Registered
324 Posts
He was awesome. He fed Al Snow soupd made from his own dog, Pepper. He wrote a poem about how glad he was that the Big Show was a bastard and that his daddy was dead. I loved the Boss Man

·
pretending to be nice
1,492 Posts
He was pretty vicious. For example he kidnapped Al Snow's dog, killed it and then fed it to Al Snow.

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
I will always have a special connection to Big Boss Man because thanks to him I started watching wrestling.
I didn't even know what wrestling is but one day I saw a police officer on TV beating someone in a ring.
For a 8y old boy like myself there was no bigger hero and thanks to him I started watching wrestling regularly. If someone bland was in the ring instead of this police officer I would probably never watch wrestling again.
R.I.P. Ray Traylor

As for his late nineties run, he was the perfect heel in the Attitude Era. Totally opposite of his heroic early nineties run. It's a shame that his feud against Stone Cold was not longer.
He is along with Rick Rude and Brian Pillman somebody who I really miss and WWE needs more evil, vicious characters like the Boss Man

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Either he played the heel role very well or people didn't think he deserved the big role he got in the Austin/McMahon feud after coming from a horrible run in WCW.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Who can forget

"With the deepest regrets and tears that are soaked
Im sorry to hear your dad finally croaked
He lived a full life on his own terms
Soon he'll be burried and eaten by worms
But if I had a son as stupid as you
I'd wish for cancer so I would die too
So be brave and get your life back on track
Cause the old bastards dead and he aint ever comming back"

Reactions: Dragonballfan

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Who can forget

"With the deepest regrets and tears that are soaked
Im sorry to hear your dad finally croaked
He lived a full life on his own terms
Soon he'll be burried and eaten by worms
But if I had a son as stupid as you
I'd wish for cancer so I would die too
So be brave and get your life back on track
Cause the old bastards dead and he aint ever comming back"
Am i a bastard for laughing at this :D

Oh n I loved his theme song during his heel run, too bad his team with Bull Buchanan didn't go anywhere... :no:

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
Not gunna lie.

The al snow and big show feuds were some of the funniest television i've ever seen.

The hotel scene and the funeral skit were both classic, i cried with laughter.

·
Registered
16,459 Posts
He was an awesome heel, both in the Golden Era and the attitude era. One of my fave WWE Superstars of all time and I actually got to meet him. He was a good brawler, not an awesome guy in the ring but he could sell as well as deliver punches that looked real. Wasnt a fan of his face run but I loved him as a heel. I also think his mathc agaisnt the Undertaker wasnt as bad as people made it out to be, it wasnt great and sure as hell wasnt main event worthy but it was a solid match. His feud with Al snow and The Big Show are my faves. also he was awesome on the mic and very under rated :)

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
Am i a bastard for laughing at this :D

Oh n I loved his theme song during his heel run, too bad his team with Bull Buchanan didn't go anywhere... :no:
This was more hilarious

You're a big nasty bastard and your momma said so:lmao:lmao:lmao

One of the last Russo storylines they used after him when he left for WCW a couple of months ago

·
Registered
324 Posts
Or when he smashed the watch that Big Shows dead daddy gave him.

too bad Show squashed him in like 90 seconds

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think his background as prison guard was an automatic heat getter for him. People aren't fond of authority figures.

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
That funreal scene with him and The Big Show was tremendous. The Big Boss Man is another guy who should get mentioned as greatest wrestler to never get a singles title in the WWE.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
He was great I remember him coming out handcuffing wrestlers and beating them with a nightstick also loved his promo's with his southern voice and prison guard gimmick he took it and became a LEGEND from it gotta love The Big Bossman.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
I had a teacher at school who looked a bit like Big Boss Man. He actually played a policeman in a school play once, and we all laughed (it was 1992 and WWF was huge at my school). I think that he was secretly a wrestling fan and did it on purpose to make us laugh. He ended up getting arrested for child molestation. Only joking.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts