Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Know Your Worth
10,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've always wondered why WWE pulled the plug on Test's numerous pushes over the year. He started off by aligning with Vince and he joined The Corporation. He then began a feud with Shane/HHH over Stephanie, even having an on-screen engagement with her. Once the McMahon-Helmsley era began, he was stuck in the lower card with Albert and Trish Stratus.

He then started teaming with Booker T and got pushed into the mid card, winning the Tag Team titles a couple of times and the European title. He even won the Immunity Battle Royal at Survivor Series 01.

After that he began a feud with Scott Steiner over Stacy Keibler, and again nothing came out of it and he was eventually released.

He came back to ECW and it looked like he was finally going to get a push, but he never even won the ECW title. And then he was released again.

So I'm wondering why he was never pushed to the main event? He had a good look, he was decent in the ring and solid on the mic. Every time it looked like he was going to take the next big step, he just took a step back.

Not to mention that he had one of the best theme songs ever:

RIP

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Agreed. RIP but he wasn't a great entertainer. He had a doofy look to him and I don't think he was ever going to be a big player.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
he was getting a push in 1999 but for some reason it stopped

then in 2001 he was about to get another push after the invasion storyline ended , he won the "mutiny" battle royal at Survivor Series .. then he went to a mini-feud with The Rock
but for some reason it stopped too

he looked credible IMO .. but for some reason i don't think he would've been huge in the main event spot

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
Test was one of my favorite wrestlers his whole career, for some reason. I thought he had great intensity and was easily likable. Decent in ring ability for a bigger guy.

I was hoping he would get an ECW Title run, though he looked roided up, and I think was fired for that? RIP.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
#they tried to push Test in '99 but he just didn't connect with the audience, so he was given more of a low key role in the company. Should Test have been given another push? It's hard to say, with him no longer around it's not appropriate to bash him but the guy received a push based off his look yet failed to make much of an impact. He was a decent under-card guy, hence why he's remembered and threads such as this pop up but in terms of a main event push, that would have been unwarranted.

·
Registered
692 Posts
lol he has his fiancee stolen by Triple H and does nothing about it, eventually fighting for Trips and Steph later on. Instead Vince Mcmahon fought Triple H... Thats what a true burial is...

... but be happy he got buried. Without it we wouldnt have had the Mcmahon Helmsley era

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
He gave the best promo of his life backstage before ECW in front of Vince, and than when he did it in front of the crowd, he floundered. After that, he was depushed and later fired. He went to TNA for a few weeks and was later fired because he was too juiced up and inevitably too unhealthy. Sadly, he died not too much longer after that. Test just wasn't destined for the main event. He wasn't ready for it in his younger days and he was too juiced up for it during his later run when steroid testing became important.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts